This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_gcamp 9 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

lynx
    Participant

Hi,

i wonder if someone has managed to build a universal binary on a intel mac using leopard with the current (41.3) stable version yet?

I tried it several times using different methods but did not manage to get it done.

I can succesfully build on windows and linux 😉

Detailed instructions for building on osx leopard using frameworks highly appreciated!

lynx

Irishbandit
    Participant

All I can do is point you to this thread.
    viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3775

I dont have a mac.

lynx
    Participant

Hi,

sure, i know that thread. And also this one seems very interesting:

viewtopic.php?t=3243

But most of the talk is about compiling on Tiger (10.4).
    I want to make a universal binary on leopard (10.5) which runs on a intel cpu (not in rosetta) using frameworks.

first of all alut.h is no longer present in the headers of openAL in leopard which stops the show.

What i do not unterstand is that the downloadable binaries run straight away without modifying any frameworks (but in rosetta / which is slower than it could be).

I think it should be pssible for the one which build that package to crosscompile for intel aslo with less efford. Or i can do it, but i would need some help 😉

lynx

Irishbandit
    Participant

All I can find is this post from apple.
    http://developer.apple.com/qa/qa2006/qa1504.html

imported_gcamp
    Participant

I built the original binaries, but on a non-intel mac. If anyone can find out how to compile for intel on this machine I could give it a go.

I know you’ve seen this:
    http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/wiki/index.php/Compiling_in_Mac
    But on my mac that’s all I have to do.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.