This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Bobirov 11 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Brain Damage
    Participant

this bug has been reported few times in the previous version, the teleport part of this bug has beeen fixed with this version, the problem is that 2 causes can still make it to appear, i’ll explain better:

when a tank get placed, teleported or simply moves with fuel close to a wall, the game will react like that tank is behind the wall, and the wall will “eat” all thank shoots (including 0 power shots); no matter the wall type, the weapon or the direction, all the shoots will dud.

here you can see how much close the tank is to the wall for the bug to appear

END OF SERIOUS PART OF THE POST

i laughed my ass of watching jinx stuck in that place after running from my shots, he felt safe there because it was an hard spot to shoot at, until he discovered he couldn’t shoot anyone, and when he tried to self kill to get respawn in another place he discovered that even 0 power shots disappears, no matter the weapon 😈
    note: in the screen shot you can see also jinx whining for someone to kill him 😆 😀 😛 😈 (nobody did :twisted:)

Ebonite
    Participant

I find dh’s work on situtations like that.

I do believe Gavin adjusted spawns back in 39 or even one of the 38s so that the problem doesn’t occur right from the start. Which leaves the fuel issue to be worked out.

Bobirov
    Participant

I have seen this happen before when teleporting or respawning myself. I think it was with Cbx during pre-release testing. 😛

jdog
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

I have seen this happen before when teleporting or respawning myself. I think it was with Cbx during pre-release testing. 😛

I think it still can happen when you teleport, havent’ seen it happen again since 40 went gold but did see it in the betas.

cbx550f
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

Oh sure. It’s always “cbx did this”, “cbx did that”. 😛

I actually had this happen the other night – I don’t remember if I fueled or respawned to the spot, but if I shot I hurt me.

This brings me to a second bug: Tank placement maps are ignored when you are resurrected.
    When a game starts, tanks are placed according to the mask file, but on respawn, they go anywhere.

Bobirov
    Participant

@cbx550f wrote:

This brings me to a second bug: Tank placement maps are ignored when you are resurrected.
    When a game starts, tanks are placed according to the mask file, but on respawn, they go anywhere.

Another thing is that the map’s mincloseness value isn’t applied when resurrecting. Its quite obvious when you spawn about 5 inches away from another player. 😛

I think I mentioned that to Gav and he said that it should be, but it definately is not.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.