This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Irishbandit 10 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

TraT
    Participant

Playing on Main and there is a player who is annoying everyone (just pressing Return repeatedly, then saying sorry). I forgot how to mute a player, so I ask and then everybody follows the instructions and mutes him. But, when he quit and rejoined, the mute went away. Unfortunately, he keeps rejoining, so the constant muting is almost as annoying as the spam.

Thrax
    Participant

@trat wrote:

Playing on Main and there is a player who is annoying
    everyone (just pressing Return repeatedly, then saying sorry). I forgot
    how to mute a player, so I ask and then everybody follows the instructions
    and mutes him. But, when he quit and rejoined, the mute went away.
    Unfortunately, he keeps rejoining, so the constant muting is almost as
    annoying as the spam.

If you can identify the player, they may be able to help.

The auto-mute function of the upcoming build should curb some of that
    sooner. However, I have tested, and there is no auto-mute/kick for
    abusing the profanity filter. I guess Gavin decided against it.

Crispy Critter
    Participant

Yeah, the rejoining was rather annoying… I think the mute should last for the game, so that when $SPAMMER rejoins, it stays in effect.

cbx550f
    Participant

@trat wrote:

Playing on Main and there is a player who is annoying everyone (just pressing Return repeatedly, then saying sorry). I forgot how to mute a player, so I ask and then everybody follows the instructions and mutes him. But, when he quit and rejoined, the mute went away. Unfortunately, he keeps rejoining, so the constant muting is almost as annoying as the spam.

I’m trying to think of how to handle this – muting someone shouldn’t (normally) be permanent, but I see the problem here.

Perhaps if, when the player rejoined it tells you “cbx550f has joined – MUTED” and keep him/her muted?

Irishbandit
    Participant

@cbx550f wrote:

@trat wrote:

I’m trying to think of how to handle this – muting someone shouldn’t (normally) be permanent, but I see the problem here.

Perhaps if, when the player rejoined it tells you “cbx550f has joined – MUTED” and keep him/her muted?

Sounds like a good idea couldnt hurt could it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.