This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Brain Damage 11 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Brain Damage
    Participant

recently my computer got more laggy 😳 :x, that the loading a round takes a little time 40+ secs :P, now i noticed that if a lag a lot sometimes they buy screen does not appear (this is in online games), even if the coutdown timer (for buying) gets displayed. after they countdown expires i could not buy anything and it will look like i missed a move

Ebonite
    Participant

hmmm, that would explain the frequent “missed moves” on round changes. is the server not syncing everybody after a round change?

jdog
    Participant

@Brain Damage wrote:

recently my computer got more laggy 😳 :x, that the loading a round takes a little time 40+ secs :P, now i noticed that if a lag a lot sometimes they buy screen does not appear (this is in online games), even if the coutdown timer (for buying) gets displayed. after they countdown expires i could not buy anything and it will look like i missed a move

The only thing I’m questioning about this is, if your computer is getting laggy then how is it a game bug?

Brain Damage
    Participant

my computer got laggy for reasons independent from the game, but it is the game after i lag reacts weird: does not wait for me (or kick me) before sending the sync message, making me to skyp the buy dialog when i shoud get it or get kicked

TheOne
    Participant

I agree with braindamage.
    I have also had that lag, quite alot infact
    The round starts, no buy screen, next minute everybody has fired and u have missed a move!

TheOne

cbx550f
    Participant

2 questions come to mind:

1. How long should the game wait for someone to load a round? People with slow PCs deserve to play, but on the other hand, there has to be a limit.
    2. What should happen if your PC takes too long to load the map?

Perhaps just a “Timeout” message of sorts would be nice – if even just to inform the user of what happened.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@theone wrote:

The round starts, no buy screen, next minute everybody has fired and u have missed a move!

TheOne

When this happens what color is the count down timer?

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

@theone wrote:

TheOne

When this happens what color is the count down timer?

Anyone?

Brain Damage
    Participant

sorry i tought you were pointing only to him; but mine is different, i don’t miss a “shot”, i was missing only the chance to buy. When it was happenning to me the countdown timer was green and were already at something like 25 or 30 secs; also i was hearing the “ding” sound (popup buy tab) while loading the map.

i’ve switched to linux and now my pc takes like 4 secs to load a map :), but still i belive it’s a bug, because i should have got kicked instead of going out of sync, btw all the time it happened i was in the official servers.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.