This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_gcamp 11 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Brain Damage
    Participant

seems like that if a players uses a lot of fuel at once to move (eg. 100) the tank will not move at all

jdog
    Participant

I think the game has a set max of 40 fuel you can use at once, even though it may let you use/waste more at once

cbx550f
    Participant

Er, I regularly use nore than “40 fuel” in one turn.
    I’ve even bought 80 fuel, then sold 30 just to be able to buy another 40 so I could get that “extra couple meters” out of the move 😉

BD, I don’t think I have seens this – IIRC on Shock’s mod I have used almost the full 200 and moved. Is it a “movement restriction” thing that is doing it?

Brain Damage
    Participant

on my server i’ve edited the server settings to let ppl to buy more than 80 accessries at once (i’ve set it a 200) so players can buy up to 200 fuel, also there is no movement restriction.
    After doing it, so many players (and even me) noticed that really frequently if you use so much fuel at once the tank don’t move at all.
    please
    if you noticed this bug too, please post a reply.

BOY
    Participant

I think it happened to me too, at Apoc the other day. I had bought 120 fuel and used most of it. no movement at all

naturally this lead to my death 😈

Willis
    Participant

Well, does it look as though your tank is moving frequently or sitting still?

Becuase I’ve had times where to move around a mountain there are many many zig-zags and costs a lot of fuel.

BOY
    Participant

oh, sorry, I should have said, I tried to use most of it.. none was used. I sat still 🙂

Brain Damage
    Participant

yep! sorry if i wasn’t detailed enought, happened exactly what happened to boy too :evil:, also happened me in so many ground types, flat grounds, cliffs, i never tryed it if happens in the water too

krafTWerK
    Participant

Same in ApoqHQ – today.
    I had over 100 fuel – try it 2 times – no move. 😕

krafT

SabinoSteve
    Participant

i tried on bd server on numerous occassions and if it was more than 100 use of fuel then you do no move at all it is as if you had skipped your move but under 100 all is fine

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Just had a look at the code, the maximum amount of fuel that you can use seems to be 90. And when you have infinite fuel the maximum movement is 40.

The 90 limit was/is to cap the calculation needed to calculate the path to the destination, and the drawing of the darkened/lightened areas. However if you tried to use more than this I don’t see why it would have used it all and not moved.

Brain Damage
    Participant

when you try to move you won’t move at all and neither burn ful, actually it looks like you have skipped becuse you’ll simpli sit still, not shoot and your fuel amount won’t change

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@Brain Damage wrote:

when you try to move you won’t move at all and neither burn ful, actually it looks like you have skipped becuse you’ll simpli sit still, not shoot and your fuel amount won’t change

Yes that is what I would expect. I’ll change the maximum so it corresponds to how many you can buy.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.