This topic contains 18 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Viking62 8 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

BOY
    Participant

Hi, I’m BOY, and I have a plan.

Proposition Z:

1. Stop giving tax rebates. Based on the address of their workplace and thier home address, give each family under the poverty line a gas card good only for fuel which is based on miles driven per week to work. (ie. $0.30/mile). Continue to give the gas cards to those who are unemployed and looking for work.

2. Make all formal education completely free and paid for by the governent all the way up to Masters Degree.

3. Prohibit government from subsidizing any education by paying the institution directly. (ie. privatize all education)

4. Require a High school diploma to vote for Congress or Senate. Require a Bachelors degree in any field to vote for President of the United States. (do not prohibit anyone to run for any office, unless by age)

5. Require photo identification for all voting in the USA.

Deathbal
    Participant

I’ve read your plan and I reject it 🙂

#1. I would agree to stop giving tax rebates to those that pay no taxes. Or any kind of check for that matter.

Absolutely no gas cards for some, paid by others.

Numbers 2 and 3 contradict eachother, do they not? I like 3, not 2.

#4. Something should be required in order to vote. People should have to prove they have a brain by scoring a minimum of 80 on an IQ test.

#5. I agree. Make that 2 forms of photo ID. If you are too lazy to get them, then casting a vote would not be in anyone’s best interest.

BOY
    Participant

yeah, 2 and 3 are fishy sounding, but the idea here is meritocracy. Merit will get you into any school, the government is then required to pay you back for all schooling you recieve for which you are elligable. The schools you see can set any acedemic standards they want, ie privately controled.

This way the same oportunity is afforded to all, but you still have to work to earn your education in terms of merit and study and hard work. No matter how poor you are, if you’re smart, Harvard has to take you. 😉

THe gas cards are a hand out, true, but a better idea than a flat money giveaway like we have now.

cheers, thanks for the reply 😀

Irishbandit
    Participant

No neutral choice so I cant say. [-X [-X

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

Youre suggesting discrimination based on genetic, social and ethnic background. Thats not the way forward.

And IQ tests! I really wish I was more shocked.

Two possible scenarios… One, you create a sub-class of non-voting, lesser individuals, who are either not inclined, or incapable of achieving those levels of education. Two, you lower the standards required to achieve those levels.
    (I hear thats what they did in Texas).

Theres no way to accurately measure intelligence. That stuffs very subjective. Theres always bias imparted by whoever designs the test. Also raises the question, should we assume those scoring higher in these ‘aptitude tests’ naturally have higher sensibilities and better ideas of whats best for us all.

Maybe you should go a step further, and exclude anyone scoring lower than 130.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auschwitz_concentration_camp.

Ps:
    edit – removed

@boy wrote:

Require a High school diploma to vote for Congress or Senate. Require a Bachelors degree in any field to vote for President of the United States.

@deathbal wrote:

Something should be required in order to vote. People should have to prove they have a brain by scoring a minimum of 80 on an IQ test.

Deathbal
    Participant
    Laptops Daddy wrote:
    And IQ tests! I really wish I was more shocked.

Two possible scenarios… One, you create a sub-class of non-voting, lesser individuals, who are either not inclined, or incapable of achieving those levels of education. Two, you lower the standards required to achieve those levels.
    (I hear thats what they did in Texas).

Theres no way to accurately measure intelligence. That stuffs very subjective. Theres always bias imparted by whoever designs the test. Also raises the question, should we assume those scoring higher in these ‘aptitude tests’ naturally have higher sensibilities and better ideas of whats best for us all.

Maybe you should go a step further, and exclude anyone scoring lower than 130.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auschwitz_concentration_camp.

Yes, I did a lot of assuming. But that’s why I had it at 80. It is not a foolproof method, I agree. The best arguement you have against was that I was assuming they had higher sensibilities. That was a critical error in my judgement.

But remember, here in the US people do not have the right to vote for President. We have the priviledge of casting suggestions. And in the state primaries you have less control. The party could go in a back room and emerge with the nominee. No votes cast at all.

BOY
    Participant

yes, there is a distinct possibility that there will develop a lesser class that are incapable of passing the aptitude tests with my plan, but it will be only by choice, no one can be denied anything by race. Of course certain humanitarian safe guards, in the form of welfare will still take care of the utterly degenerate.

I am completely against assisted suicide, or abortion, or eugenics or any other form of legal murder. All citizens are afforded an oportunity to participate in the legal process in some form.

YOu see, what we have now developing already is a lesser class that is preyed on by the upper class. But the elite classes, corporations, senators and other rich people are abusing them by decieving them. If we take them out of the highest level of democracy, you in fact protect them from exploitation.

If you include them at the ground level, such as State Governors, or Mayors, and so forth, there is closer parity. But a gullible college freshman is no match for the wiles of liars like Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama. Mobs are too easily formed. There is simply too much information out there for the common guy to digest, too many lies to unfold, and no one reporting the truth.

Yes, I sound quite elitist, but lets be serious. There simply is an elilte class and a common class, its a fact. And there is no real protection for the little guy. I’d like to see the middle class become a barrier between the fat lazy poor guy who believes Obama is actually going to help him, and the Rich Corrupt lying Senators. They say one thing to the middle class and one thing to the lower class. And everything is blurred.

The way to get accross that barrier is education, and education should be free to everyone in a fair system.

Is that more clear?

Deathbal
    Participant

The way to get accross that barrier is education, and education should be free to everyone in a fair system.

Is that more clear?

Yes, and i agree. But someone still has to pay for it. 🙁

I take it that you are against capital punishment? The only reason i’d ever be against it is if they found a worse punishement. 👿

BigBear
    Participant

Being from a country that has government funded higher education I think it’s a good system that is an example of tax money well spent.

As for the rest of it (specifically the latter posts), to me it looks an awful lot like …

“A form of political behavior marked by obsessive preoccupation with community decline, humiliation or victimhood and by compensatory cults of unity, energy and purity, in which a mass-based party of committed nationalist militants, working in uneasy but effective collaboration with traditional elites, abandons democratic liberties and pursues with redemptive violence and without ethical or legal restraints goals of internal cleansing and external expansion. – Robert O. Paxton, The Anatomy of Fascism”

Viking62
    Participant

Where did you come up with this crap? (Gotcha) 🙂
    I really respect you’alls views in this matter (Sorry,low IQ here)……… albeit beneath me to say who should have the right to vote;I am glad that it is not decided for us in this thread of pompousness and superior intellectual self righteousness. (Yep, ya hit a nerve)–We all as documented/registered American citizens have the right to vote,Period! If you really want a better faction ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faction ) of voters……I have a plan……Requirements: For voting-
    1) U.S. Citizen-Having solid evidence of working within the U.S. for at least 10 years/have payed taxes for those 10 years. (non-consecutive/over ones lifetime)
    2) And/or have spent 3 or more years in Military service to the U.S.A.(was an active U.S. citizen).
    3) A business owner within the U.S. (U.S. citizen)-At least 3 years-taxpayers only
    4) Veterans would make up a mathematical equation of 50% of the vote for president & the Senate. (In the end–these are the citizens who deserve to be heard).
    I am proud to be an American–We all pave our own way in life, some through hard work,some through words,some through doing nothing at all–We need solutions as one nation……not through the stripping away of the rights of others!!

BigBear
    Participant

@viking62 wrote:

4) Veterans would make up a mathematical equation of 50% of the vote for president & the Senate. (In the end–these are the citizens who deserve to be heard).
    I am proud to be an American–We all pave our own way in life, some through hard work,some through words,some through doing nothing at all–We need solutions as one nation……not through the stripping away of the rights of others!!

How is substituting one elite for another (scholars/veterans) an improvement to the suggestion? How can one group be more deserving to be heard in a democracy? You are like one step away from copying the movie Starship Troopers where only veterans can become citizens. No offense, I just strongly disagree.

Viking62
    Participant

Ooops–I forgot to mention that I was just pointing out the absurdity on a whole…….By providing a different scenario based on my life experiences & what would benefit me–Is’nt that what is going on here? I was in truth…..being sarcastic 😉

All this goes back to the old saying: If it is’nt broke,dont fix it.
    Well it is now broke….. and I do not think anyone really knows how to fix it.
    We will have 4 years to find out-wont we? (here in the U.S.)

@ Big Bear,
    I just like stoking the fire-no lasting harm meant-I find it healthy to voice opinions-I find it even healthier to light a fire in someones gut to make them spew out what they are really thinking-Da Vike 😉

BigBear
    Participant

Ah yes sarcasm is a bit tricky when written. This is one time I am happy to have made a mistake about the seriousness though. 😉

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

I am aware of the divide in the USA. Ill be interested to see if the Republicans stand any chance at all if they lose the Bible Belt.

In a country where some 30% of the population literally believe the universe was created in the Bronze Age by magic aliens, Id be less concerned with educating the masses, and more concerned with checking on the teachers material.

deleted (I know. sry. little drunk)

I see a risk in a doctrine of required standards. “Education beyond intelligence” is an interesting concept. ‘men taught to mimic the rationale of others, while lacking the skills or background necessary to establish the value for themselves.

Thats dangerous territory.

Ps:
    Id vote for the black guy.

@deathbal wrote:

But remember, here in the US people do not have the right…

@boy wrote:

Yes, I sound quite elitist, but lets be serious…

@viking62 wrote:

I am glad that it is not decided for us in this thread of pompousness and superior intellectual self righteousness.

BOY
    Participant

perhaps it could be reversed…. only the uneducated could vote for highest offices… and the educated could support them through taxation and welfare?

loving the debate this has sparked off, yeah the idea is meant to do just that. Hey, I just wanted to point out there are some lazy people out there. What do we do with them? that is the question. 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.