This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  BOY 7 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

pastor of muppets
    Participant

Just thought someone should know that in the bot’s server there is still a message that a new tournament is starting soon. It tells people to go to forums to show interest. Can someone remove that?

BOY
    Participant

can’t get in atm, but I’ll work on it tonight when I get home if it still isn’t fixed.

Thrax
    Participant

@boy wrote:

can’t get in atm, but I’ll work on it tonight when I get home if it still isn’t fixed.

probably not much you can do. it’s a message file on gavins server
    that needs altering manually.

Rommel
    Participant

In order to allow for the unexpected, there should always be at least two Server Adminstrators. If Gavin is (as suggested) the only Server Administrator, I recommend BOY for the position of Co-Sysop and Server Administator.

BOY
    Participant

I would love to take on this job, however, Gavin probably does not want me to have access to his PC and files! BEWARE! 😛

Rommel
    Participant

Hi BOY :

Unless Gavin knows things that makes some of you seem untrustworthy, there really should be no harm in giving one or two of you ftp access to the game directory. Maintaining a backup copy of the files in a secure location is easy and would ensure that nothing dreadful occurred.

There were a few people that came to mind for the postition. However, allowed only one choice, you seemed to be the best for nomination. I remain convinced that both the suggestion and the nomination are sound and prudent.

No harm in having a helper, as long as you have a good one.

Best wishes,

Rommel

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@rommel wrote:

Hi BOY :

Unless Gavin knows things that makes some of you seem untrustworthy, there really should be no harm in giving one or two of you ftp access to the game directory. Maintaining a backup copy of the files in a secure location is easy and would ensure that nothing dreadful occurred.

There were a few people that came to mind for the postition. However, allowed only one choice, you seemed to be the best for nomination. I remain convinced that both the suggestion and the nomination are sound and prudent.

No harm in having a helper, as long as you have a good one.

Best wishes,

Rommel

Opening FTP through the router is the bigger security threat than allowing a few trusted people access.
    I certainly wouldn’t it if it was my full time server!

Thrax
    Participant

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

Opening FTP through the router is the bigger security threat than allowing a few trusted people access.
    I certainly wouldn’t it if it was my full time server!

Depending on the method, FTP can be as secure as any other
    form of remote access. I use it myself for certian areas.

But reguardless of how easy, it still depends on whether Gavin really
    wants another person poking fingers into his soup..

BOY
    Participant

gavin would probably trust a better developer, such as Thrax, cbx, or someone similar who is more knowledgable of how networks and things work.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.