This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Thrax 6 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Ok, i have made a target bot that should shield randomly with every shield in my mod.. it doesnt work.

So i looked in some other mods and copied their shielding patterns.. still no luck, what am i doing wrong?

Code:=

ArmorWraith
    Participant

hey Thrax, can bots use select weapons? I know theres a fuel tag.. but is there a specific tag for bots to use clickables like air strikes? I guess I could attach an airstrike to a projectile instead if they cant. (I want my bots to have the ability to use powerups collected.)

Armor

Thrax
    Participant

@armorwraith wrote:

hey Thrax, can bots use select weapons? I know theres a fuel
    tag.. but is there a specific tag for bots to use clickables like air strikes? I
    guess I could attach an airstrike to a projectile instead if they cant. (I want
    my bots to have the ability to use powerups collected.)

Armor

Bots use items depending on thier current state, and thier lock-on level.
    Starting with the lowest priority missile, untill they get closer to the target.

What they use also depends on landform near target, and thier angle of aim.

If target is in or near a hole, they will choose napalm / rollers.

If the bot is blocked/covered, they will activate the uncover weapon choice. I
    use both clearing riots, and some teleports.

If bots sense a group of tanks together, it will activate the Group-shot choice.

If the bot is threatened and has Fuel, it will drive towards it’s target, both
    evading shots, and getting a better angle.

They are limited in weapons to whatever you’ve declared in the weaponsets
    for that bot. The more you add and propperly prioritize, the smarter they will
    seem. Likewise with shielding. They start with the shields highest listed, and
    reshield with others as they are consumed.

Yes, you can create bot-only weapons, sheilds, and accessories. I’ve done a
    few in merge for chutes, fuel, and batts. It helps keep the market stable since
    bots keep skewing the prices.

They cannot, however, use position select weapons since they would need
    more smarts. Position select weapons are a bit too easy for kills tho, since
    they require no real talent.. I’ve tried to keep them to a minimum.

Examine my bot’s weapon-sets and how they are scaled for buy and use
    priority. It should give you a guideline on how to balance things. It’s always
    been a constant adjustment tho.. the more you learn, the more you can fine-
    tune things.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.