This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  pastor of muppets 9 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

xtc
    Participant

What if once in several rounds we could have an occasional round where names and avatars were not displayed? (and one neutral color used for all). But not like it was in apoc, where disgust was unveiled after tank being hit, but for the whole duration of round. And the kill reports would be displayed like:
    [Someone] killed [Someone] with [Baby Missile]

And there would be two ways (with a big chance of making mistake :wink:) to figure who is where: recognize by the type of tank or watch tank talk signs.

Rommel
    Participant

Only 2 ways, eh?@xtc wrote:

What if once in several rounds we could have an occasional round where names and avatars were not displayed? (and one neutral color used for all). But not like it was in apoc, where disgust was unveiled after tank being hit, but for the whole duration of round. And the kill reports would be displayed like:
    [Someone] killed [Someone] with [Baby Missile]

And there would be two ways (with a big chance of making mistake :wink:) to figure who is where: recognize by the type of tank or watch tank talk signs.

Big chance of making a mistake too, eh? Well, unless something has totally disrupted communications there are several ways that people can find their team mates with NO chance of making a mistake.

Implementation of your idea would further penalize the players that play without counting on others for help.

Think about it,

Rommel

xtc
    Participant

@rommel wrote:

there are several ways that people can find there team mates

Offtopic. This thread is not about teams server.

Jurily
    Participant

“Oh, he shot way under me with a Leap Frog. Hi Jurily!”

BigBear
    Participant

For main and beginners I think it’s a stupid idea. It’s hard enough as it is to win on pure skill. More randomness/luck to decide the winner is not needed afaIc.

For someone that wanted to make a mod with a different approach to scoring/winning I think it could be an interesting idea.

Rommel
    Participant

Jeepers xtc, if I was wrong, I’m sorry.@xtc wrote:

@rommel wrote:

there are several ways that people can find there team mates

Offtopic. This thread is not about teams server.

Perhaps it’s just me but I’ve been havig a terrible time telling the difference lately. 😕

Big Bear’s idea sounds best to me. Make a mod and host it yourself it’s truely great fun.

Sincerely,

Rommel

Rommel
    Participant

What we really need is more polls and less discussion.
    (Sorry, I work for the McCain campaign and they pay me to say that)

Anonymous

xtc
    Participant

Wow, two replies – two different viewpoints! Once sees in the idea something that benefits mysterious ‘teams’ and evil plotters to win; another sees chaos and randomness that works against skilled players!

And first somehow agrees with second!

As people would say in Russia, без пол-литра не разберешься (“not possible to gain an understanding without half-liter of vodka”).

Rommel
    Participant

Too Good!@xtc wrote:

Wow, two replies – two different viewpoints! Once sees in the idea something that benefits mysterious ‘teams’ and evil plotters to win; another sees chaos and randomness that works against skilled players!

And first somehow agrees with second!

As people would say in Russia, без пол-литра не разберешься (“not possible to gain an understanding without half-liter of vodka”).

Your reply is terrific. It didn’t make me laugh as much as the one that said if you miss I must be cheating, but it was close. Thank you for the laugh. In case you haven’t checked out my educational video, please do. You will find a link to it in my recent thread in the Help and Troubleshooting section. Between killing you in the game and the humor you exhibit in your posts, you’ve given me more laughs today than anyone. Hopefully, you will allow me to return the favor. I do love killing you, but I apprecaite your sense of humor more.

Hang onto it, it serves you well.

Sincerely,

Rommel

pastor of muppets
    Participant

Wouldn’t change the way I play much since I look for the easiest shot first. Then I know X can’t stop talking long enough to remain anonymous so I would just watch for his chat box and then aim at him.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.