This topic contains 19 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  cbx550f 10 years, 10 months ago.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #5086

    Laptops Daddy
    Participant

    To the owners of Blame Canada thing, (I know its not a real one)…

    I’ve just been kicked off with a message “cannot find this texture”. Happened in round 10 and I was winning. (And I’m seriously pssd off ‘cause I was saving up for a big gun).

    This isn’t the first time it’s happened. In fact, I think it’s happened every time I’ve stayed long enough for that level to cycle.

    Don’t know if it’s me or the server/mod to be honest, but you might want to test it.

    Ps:

    V nice modyoucallit. Who do I need to speak to about pinching a few of the weapons for mine?

    #36817

    Thrax
    Participant

    @laptops Daddy wrote:

    To the owners of Blame Canada thing,
    (I know its not a real one)… (( it was…))

    I’ve just been kicked off with a message “cannot find this texture”.
    Happened in round 10 and I was winning. (And I’m seriously
    pssd off ‘cause I was saving up for a big gun).

    This isn’t the first time it’s happened. In fact, I think it’s happened
    every time I’ve stayed long enough for that level to cycle.

    Don’t know if it’s me or the server/mod to be honest, but you might
    want to test it.

    Ps:
    V nice modyoucallit. Who do I need to speak to about pinching a
    few of the weapons for mine?

    The Server (Blame Canada) and Mod (Merge), were mine..

    2 things.

    1. The mod was made almost 12 months ago, by joining the early work
    of Brain Damages Test-mod with that time’s version of Jdog’s mod.
    At the switch over to Version .40, ALL landscape files were removed.
    The game is only accessing the Default Packs landscape.xml files.
    If something is missing, it has nothing to do with the mod.

    2. Although it has now become extremely popular, I am CLOSING
    and archiving the MOD itself due to complaints of one of the
    component mod authors.
    ANY person hosting A “MERGE” mod server from now on, is doing
    so against the wishes of myself and the other author. At a later date,
    when the issue can be resolved, that may change.

    I Repeat. MERGE mod and it’s component weapons are no
    longer available for use. If you want the cool weapons from it,
    download Jdog mod, and the current v40.1 release of Toy-Box.

    #36818

    Laptops Daddy
    Participant

    Very well then. Guess that told me.

    I don’t blame you/him/her(damage?) to be honest.

    I’d be a bit pssd off if some wonnabe pinched all my hard work, messed with it and tried to pass it off as his/her own.

    Thanks anyway.

    Ps:

    Any idea who I need to go to for the drill missile? (That’s really the only one I want to pinch). (Want to be sure I give credit).

    #36819

    jdog
    Participant

    @laptops Daddy wrote:

    Very well then. Guess that told me.

    I don’t blame you/him/her(damage?) to be honest.

    I’d be a bit pssd off if some wonnabe pinched all my hard work, messed with it and tried to pass it off as his/her own.

    Thanks anyway.

    Ps:

    Any idea who I need to go to for the drill missile? (That’s really the only one I want to pinch). (Want to be sure I give credit).

    That would be me. The 40.1 version of Drill missile works a little smoother then its 39.1 version.

    #36820

    Brain Damage
    Participant

    i did not ask anyone to close any server/mod, since thrax posted my pm here you can see yourself, i simply asked to take note of the licence and plase take the appropraite changes.

    anyone is free to use stuff from my mod as long as he respects the license included.

    #36821

    .–.ShoCkwaVe.–.
    Participant

    Heh, acording what you wrote in that pm bd..
    It’s actualy saying quite the oposite..

    Once you submit your created files on an open source game
    like scorched 3D it becomes open source..

    unless you have plans of going down to your local patent office
    & actualy *try* to patent those MOD files I think we can pretty much
    see clearly what is going on here.

    Gossip & Drama = M_n_y & B_a_n d_m_g_. <— fill in the blanks.

    #36822

    Brain Damage
    Participant

    @.-*-.ShoCkwaVe.-*-. wrote:

    Once you submit your created files on an open source game
    like scorched 3D it becomes open source..

    i didn’t, it’s not shipped with the game

    @.-*-.ShoCkwaVe.-*-. wrote:

    unless you have plans of going down to your local patent office
    & actualy *try* to patent those MOD files I think we can pretty much
    see clearly what is going on here.

    if you would have read the license before speaking about things you don’t know, the license is open source, it only forces you to incude a copy of the license itself when you use the stuff in my mod & a copy of the credits file period

    @.-*-.ShoCkwaVe.-*-. wrote:

    fill in the blanks.

    i’ll take this as personal attack, but i’m not the only who makes drama…

    http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2260&highlight=59
    http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3018&highlight=
    http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3046&highlight=

    #36823

    mandy
    Participant

    *hands shockwave a tissue*

    #36824

    Laptops Daddy
    Participant

    Sorry, didn’t mean to incite personal attacks and the like.

    But while I’m here…

    I don’t think software licenses are the issue. It’s a question of manners.

    If you want to use someone else’s work, you should ask permission and give credit.

    From my experience, this is something any serious software developer is happy to do. Not just as a matter of courtesy, but as a matter of pride.

    (It wasn’t me, damage did it : )

    #36825

    Thrax
    Participant

    @laptops Daddy wrote:

    Sorry, didn’t mean to incite personal attacks and the like.
    But while I’m here…
    I don’t think software licenses are the issue. It’s a question of manners.
    If you want to use someone else’s work, you should ask permission and give credit.
    From my experience, this is something any serious software developer
    is happy to do. Not just as a matter of courtesy, but as a matter of pride.
    (It wasn’t me, damage did it : )

    LT, since i’ve packed mine away in a currently unreachable place,
    can you please post the contents of the merge mods
    current Credits.txt found in the /merge folder.

    that file was made about 4 months ago..
    4-6 months after asking both BD and Jdog if they would
    mind if i created the mod.

    #36826

    Laptops Daddy
    Participant

    Not really (but I’ll take your word for it if you’re making the point that it’s there : )

    Matter of interest (‘least I think so)…



    [deleted] [deleted] [deleted]

    wow, that was incredibly boring. sorry about that. don’t know what came over me.



    Shotzo, just for you, I’ve attached a key code thing. (The two colours are #8390fb (that’s 131, 144, 251) and #81e1d5 (that’s 129, 225, 213).

    #36827

    Thrax
    Participant

    @laptops Daddy wrote:

    Not really (but I’ll take your word for it
    if you’re making the point that it’s there : )

    Then maybe someone else who has this almost-scrapped
    mod can post it. It wasn’t for you to see, it was to display
    it for others to look at…

    Data hiding is not relevant with Scorched.
    All work built for Scorched3D is submitted openly and can be
    used by any other Modder, as long as propper Credit is displayed.

    Permission isn’t “Required”, but is something that as a simply
    common sence to ask, as we could offer advice on it later.
    At the time i suggested creating the merge, both Jdog and BD
    said that I could, and even chuckled over the idea.

    You asked if you could use a weapon from my mod.
    It was made of about 1/3 jdog, 1/3 BD, and the rest as my
    own creation, we did not know which weapon you meant.
    BD became offended believing i was trying to claim all the
    weapons in it as my own.
    That is something I have never done; Even going so far as to
    inform and correct players talking in-game.

    #36828

    Shotzo
    Participant

    THAT gif says NOTHING!

    It’s TWO colors! There are no other colors encoded within it..

    #36829

    .–.ShoCkwaVe.–.
    Participant

    @drama queen wrote:

    if you would have read the license before speaking about things you don’t know, the license is open source, it only forces you to incude a copy of the license itself when you use the stuff in my mod & a copy of the credits file period

    blah, I freely make things all the time and, submit it to anyone who
    wants to use it rather it be 3d models, maps *whatever* and dont
    6 months down the road wine about it or want things back.

    I think we may be looking past the fact that we make these
    mods not to promote ourselves… but to bring pleasure to those
    who enjoy playing it… or a fun hobby?

    I could easily go threw your mod and find *something* of mine
    then run arround ranting & raving that you didn’t ask my permission…
    or that I don’t see my name in your credits .. wah wah..

    but do I.. no.

    stop flaming.

    #36830

    BigBear
    Participant

    @.-*-.ShoCkwaVe.-*-. wrote:

    @drama queen wrote:

    if you would have read the license before speaking about things you don’t know, the license is open source, it only forces you to incude a copy of the license itself when you use the stuff in my mod & a copy of the credits file period

    blah, I freely make things all the time and, submit it to anyone who
    wants to use it rather it be 3d models, maps *whatever* and dont
    6 months down the road wine about it or want things back.

    I think we may be looking past the fact that we make these
    mods not to promote ourselves… but to bring pleasure to those
    who enjoy playing it… or a fun hobby?

    I could easily go threw your mod and find *something* of mine
    then run arround ranting & raving that you didn’t ask my permission…
    or that I don’t see my name in your credits .. wah wah..

    but do I.. no.

    stop flaming.

    So what’s eating you Shock? It’s kind of funny that you speak of drama queens since the only one I see in this thread is YOU! The only one calling people names and being rude here is YOU! YOU were the one starting with completely unwarranted personal attacks just because YOU did not understand (?) what was written in one of the submissions.

    So YOU stop flaming topics please. It’s getting really old really fast Shock. It’s one thing to have a different opinion, that’s good even, but the manor in which you have presented your views lately is not acceptable.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.