This topic contains 12 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  PeanutsRevenge 9 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

pastor of muppets
    Participant

Not sure why or for what reason but BB is stepping down, giving up, leaving, moving on, however you want to put it. He has insisted we don’t hi jack his other thread so I will start my own. I don’t think BB should go as an admin and if he has his own reasons I can’t argue with him. He has been a wonderful admin IMO but what does my opinion matter. Please post here on your opinion of this decision.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

He’s not stepping down, he’s stepped down. Gone to a pretty place now, where the flowers grow.

He was one of the few admins that I trusted AND respected.
    However, I have spoken to him a little since his depature and have heard bits of his rational and he seems to have valid reasons, hence I will /have not put much effort in to change his little mind.

Still, I am sure I shall enjoy getting my butt smacked by you on spring BB, just as in scorched, at least that is, until I learn the game and can match you like I have on this fine game.

Scorch ya soon my friend.

BigBear
    Participant

PR is correct in that the decision has already been made and it’s final. I have considered it for some time now so it’s not a spur of the moment kind of thing.

I have very strong opinions about how I think that the admin group should work and what being an admin is all about. Those views are not shared (at least not publically when it’s time to make decisions) to the extent that they could be turned into reality. The main reason I joined the admin crew was to try to change what I percieved a weak and disorganized group into one that could better serve the community of this awesome game. After quite some time and effort spent the positive changes are few and far apart. I simply feel that I can be of little use to the community under these circumstances. As I certainly have no intention of adding to the already massive dead weight portion of the admin group and feel that the admin tag should mean more than possibly looking important when you make a post in the forums I have decided to quit as admin.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

If nothing else, it’ll make it easier to kill you without those invisable / depelling shields and ability to make players targetting you lag just enough that their shot is fired 🙂

Irishbandit
    Participant

Sorry to see you go as an admin BB. I hope to continue to see you in game.

BOY
    Participant

I cincerly respect you BB, and your opinions, I have agreed with you more than disagreed, you’re a true warrior and I know we need more like you.

it is either an odd coincidence, or, a connection, that BB quits as I happen to make a few posts in the admin forum – something I have not done in many many months, perhaps a year, not sure. I left the admin group a long time back, but it was in a slightly different way, but for similar reasons I think.

I am not quite sure, but BB may have been the one in the past I discussed a revision of the forum and game rules with. I remember him saying he thought they should be changed. I did not disagree that they were open to a good deal of interpretation, but I think my response was pretty much “go ahead” take a shot. BB recently suggested a few admin goals and rules needed to be revised. I support his suggestion entirely (not cuz they are bad as they are, but I do like moving forward and up ), however, at this time I cannot make a good contribution to such changes.

You see, I have sort of become a legacy admin, like a few others on the list, I don’t play enough to be an effective policeman or policy maker any more. I can and will put in my input to issues that I feel I have a relevant opinion (I’m not totally out of touch you know ;))

At one time I resolved to indefinitely leave the adming forum discussions because I thought that there needed to be a process by which a certain group who both actively understood and participated in the needs of the comunity. I pledged then, as I do now that I would unsubscribe to the group if there was ever a need for the admins to appear more in tune with the community. At that point, gavin did add the moderator troup, and I will continue to be in that role by the same token.

One reason I didn’t unsubscribe is that I saw no reason to ditch my admin game password. I felt that if I ever needed the ability in the years to come, I should use it to help out in the off chance. So, have you “unmemorized” your password BB?

Irishbandit
    Participant

I just want to add that just because an admin or admins dont post alot here any more does not mean they are not good admins. I count those left as admins as friends as well as those who where but aren’t. BB CBX … some others I am forgeting.
    apache64d
    BOY
    Brain Damage
    Deathbal
    Deathstryker
    DeVice
    DireWolf
    Ebonite²
    HWB
    JiNx
    Loke
    mandy
    naka
    Outer
    Sondra
    SwanDude
    Viking62
    Willis
    Wowbagger

They have done and are doing alot for this game. That goes for the devs as well.
    Bobirov
    .-*-.ShoCkwaVe.-*-.
    BOY
    Brain Damage
    Cambo
    cbx550f
    Deathstryker
    DeVice
    gcamp
    InductiveOne
    jdog
    Panther30
    Thrax
    So to those that want to talk bad about them shut your pie holes. Stuff changes and we cant always do what we would like. Does not get rid of the work they have done or are doing.

DireWolf
    Participant

I am sorry you feel you have to leave, we may not agree on a couple things, and I know I am hardly here, and even offered to be replaced as an admin because I am rarely able to play these days, Gavin kept me anyway, like Boy, I try and and stay out of things that are going on because I am not able to be on the server hardly, But I will still chime in if it is something I feel strongly about, maybe in time, my schedule will change, and I can actually live up to the responsibility.
    IMO you did a hell of alot of things that were very positive and good for the game, but I will be honest, things were said by you, me and others that were a little mean, but nothing that should not have been able to have been worked out.
    You did say other things were bothering you also, so I think I may have been the straw that broke the camels back, I wont try and make you change your mind, it is your mind and your choices.
    I do feel bad that you have to leave like this, different opinions can be a *female dog* sometimes. sorry BB

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

All sounds very absolute.

I’m with peanuts. (Don’t quote that please).

BB is one of the very few admins I haven’t clashed with at some stage. I have limited respect (*read as ‘unwavering’ for the sentiment) for a lot of those guys. Big Bear though, I trust. Always so sensible. Rational!

Anyway, I wanted to say, I think the loss to the community would be in losing BB as a forum moderator. Anyone can do the game admin thing. Kick a few assholes, help a noob. Moderating is different. Takes a special kind of person. Big Bear is that person.

Am I crying?

BigBear
    Participant

@boy wrote:

So, have you “unmemorized” your password BB?

I sent a PM to Gavin asking him to remove my server log in, which he replied to so I think that has been taken care of already. If nothing else I always took the position seriously and would never knowingly abuse the trust and responsibility that was invested in me.

@direwolf wrote:

I do feel bad that you have to leave like this, different opinions can be a *female dog* sometimes. sorry BB

Having different opinions is a good thing rather than the opposite since then at least you are having a debate. I always considered the lack of attention and commitment to important issues (important in my mind at least) by too many in the group as the biggest problem with the admins.

There is no bitterness for me in parting with the admin crew. I did as best I could for the duration and when I felt I had nothing more to give I stepped down. There’s nothing more to it really.

JiNx
    Participant

🙁 catch u on the flip side dude sry to see you go

Chopper
    Participant

Thank YOu for your service Bear…..

……and Irish,man whatta list. Those are some players there!

You also understate your own contributions.

@irishbandit wrote:

I just want to add that just because an admin or admins dont post alot here any more does not mean they are not good admins. I count those left as admins as friends as well as those who where but aren’t. BB CBX … some others I am forgeting.
    apache64d
    BOY
    Brain Damage
    Deathbal
    Deathstryker
    DeVice
    DireWolf
    Ebonite²
    HWB
    JiNx
    Loke
    mandy
    naka
    Outer
    Sondra
    SwanDude
    Viking62
    Willis
    Wowbagger

They have done and are doing alot for this game. That goes for the devs as well.
    Bobirov
    .-*-.ShoCkwaVe.-*-.
    BOY
    Brain Damage
    Cambo
    cbx550f
    Deathstryker
    DeVice
    gcamp
    InductiveOne
    jdog
    Panther30
    Thrax
    So to those that want to talk bad about them shut your pie holes. Stuff changes and we cant always do what we would like. Does not get rid of the work they have done or are doing.

naka
    Participant

😥

@chopp & @all

can i suggest sending him a few boxes of Stolichnaya, he may reconsider after all.
    But Bear not more than 1 bottle per day!!!

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@naka wrote:

😥

@chopp & @all

can i suggest sending him a few boxes of Stolichnaya, he may reconsider after all.
    But Bear not more than 1 bottle per day!!!

I dunno, I hear that stuff puts hairs on ya chest, maybe it’ll work for the head too?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.