This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Chris2222 8 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Chris2222
    Participant

I’ve attached a better explosion sound for the nukes. Check it out. I found it on the net somewhere. It’s called kaboom.wav

Just rename your xlarge.wav in the scorched3d/data/wav/explosions directory to old-xlarge.wav in case you want to use it again. And rename this kaboom.wav to your new xlarge.wav and voila.

The sound could use a little cleaning up in your favorite sound editor as I haven’t modified it in anyway. See what you think.

BTW, has anyone got any sound mod packs?

Also the medium.wav explosion could use a bit of modding to fit better.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Any idea of the license for this sound?

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

please dont use that sound. its synthesised low quality trash. shockingly bad!

@chris2222 wrote:

I’ve attached a better explosion sound for the nukes…

no you didnt! what are you thinking? are we listening to the same file? 8 bit, 22khz… and it would still suck if it wasnt.

(sorry, Chris2222 – no offence intended. i cant lie to you. its awful!)

i definitely agree that scorched would benefit from higher quality sound effects, though

Chris2222
    Participant

Yeah, it does kind of suck then now that you point it out. Synethesized trash you say? Might be. I picked it off of some free website. Not sure of the license for the sound though.

All I was looking for was a bigger sound that better matched the larger explosions like Nukes.

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

maybe you should have a go at making your own. try psycle

bazzz
    Participant

I got a decent microphone, if someone got a spare nuke laying around in the shed all we need is an pacific island or remote desert and we could record the real thing.

parasti
    Participant

Just order it.

bazzz
    Participant

Oh yeah forgot about that, looks like they have great warez. I am not too sure about it tough they dont seem to put prices with the products, usually this means that you dont get a very price for what they offer. Free delivery fine but what will they charge you afterwards?

For something as crucial as nukes i choose to talk with a human representative before buying. Alternatively a rusty old bomb just lying there in someones shed ,with a bit of luck they tell you to to take it for free. Cant argue with free nukes.

Chris2222
    Participant

Okay I’ve attached a sound of artillery gunfire of a mini nuke and the following explosion which is well not that impressive from a documentary. I’ve recorded it in the standard as the other sounds 11025 Hz at 16 bit. And I’ve included it in both mono and stereo.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.