This topic contains 14 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Outer 9 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

imported_gcamp
    Participant

The following is of course an April Fools

Some of you may be following the current turmoil in the UK game industry regarding the impending assignment of an age rating to all UK based games. We have just received the following letter from the BBFC.

In line with the consistent findings of the BBFC’s public consultations, at ’40’ the BBFC’s guideline concerns will not normally override the wish that adults should be free to chose their own entertainment, within the law.

However, where material or treatment appears to the Board to risk harm to individuals or, through their behavior, to society – e.g. any detailed portrayal of funkies or dangerous acts of dirting, such a limit may be imposed.

The Board wishes to take a more precautionary approach in the case of those digital games which are covered by the Video Recordings Act and thusly assigns Scorched3D an 40+ age rating (R40+).

The enforcement of this age limit falls within the jurisdiction of the Scorched3D team, who must validate the age of all online participates before commencing play.

Validation of age can be performed in any of the following approved ways:-

1) A picture of the player with a full blown Moustache and/or Beard can be sent to the appropriate admin team. A minimum of 2mm of growth must be visible in the picture.
    Some reference examples:Ref1,Ref2

In the case the player does not have a Moustache and/or Beard, three days leeway will be assigned to give time to cultivate one.

2) A note from the player’s mother saying how mature they are, and how they hardly say rofl or lol and don’t sulk at all when they get pwned by other people.

In the case where the player has involuntary bouts of roflcopterization a fake mother may be used.

3) A bribe or other forms of lucrative corruption aimed towards the Scorched3D team. A suitable amount would be in the order of four camels (or local equivalent).
    Note: due to the current small mammal exchange rate haggises will no longer be accepted!

Regards,
    J. Strap
    BBFC Games Rating Officer

As such, the next release of Scorched3D will now concentrate on lowering this age limit by removing all sharp objects from the game, and enforcing an automatic truce for all players at the start of every round.
    We ask you to please be patient until this version is released.

The Scorched3D team.

mandy
    Participant

*deleted

🙄

Deathbal
    Participant

Also deleted

naka
    Participant

I always had the feeling, i need to grow up to play this game.
    Naka Pogonatos 🙁

Thrax
    Participant

/nul

xtc
    Participant

I don’t have camels, but I can give four pieces puzzle with spaceship, penny whistle giraffe and red excavator (only without wheels – brother took them away and wont return *cries*). Just please, let me keep playing!

BigBear
    Participant

Oh noes, I just shaved mah beard & moustache and I can’t ask my mother to lie. Will some swedish elks suffice as local equivalents to camels?

Irishbandit
    Participant

I look like Crazy John I swear. 😆 😆

Thrax
    Participant

/nul

Deathbal
    Participant

@thrax wrote:

@irishbandit wrote:

We won’t go into who i look like…..

[-o<

Deathstryker
    Participant

@thrax wrote:

@irishbandit wrote:

The BBFC is not amused.

Btw, Gav, how long did it take you to write that anyway? I must say it is quite clever.

pastor of muppets
    Participant

Will Ellie’s mustache be good enough for the both of us or do I have to grow my own?

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Yes too much time on my hands, glad no one fell for that one 😉

comedown
    Participant

@thrax wrote:

So who exactly are those guys?

Chopper
    Participant

HEY……….I’M OLD ENUFF…..Whats the deal?….Ya Drink….Ya play….Ya die….now run along kiddies

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The forum ‘news’ is closed to new topics and replies.