This topic contains 23 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Apollo Tangent 12 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Willis
    Participant

This individual has been quite inappropiate this evening and quite honestly does not deserve to play Scorched.

He has made numerous sexual related comments about either players or in some occasions talking to himself about some alternate world where people do quite nasty things.

He also made besides racial comments, also made jestures of events such as Peral Harbor and 9/11 are jokes.

One other individual: yo yo Player ID: 66 (could be connection?)

Although from my prospective was not AS bad, co-ensided with Joplins jestures and supported his insutls.

Paper and Panther30 also witnessed their behaviours.

paper
    Participant

Yup, I was there and saw/read it. It was pathetic. Both came on at the exact same time, and both left at the exact same time.

For those who can read the logs, just look at them around the time Willis posted.

I second the ban on both of them.

hobbesme
    Participant

Probably Sir Mokealot & his shadow …

Wow, another one bites the moke …

Panther30
    Participant

Yeah, Scott Joplin and Yo Yo were being pretty nasty and rude. I quit reading after Scott started in on the “alternate world” thingy. I did catch the racial slurs, the poor jokes about 9/11 and Pearl Harbor, and I think they were newbie bashing as well….

Jaenis
    Participant

@paper wrote:

For those who can read the logs, just look at them around the time Willis posted.

Just for curiosity, how can one get those logs which paper mentioned?
    Probably he would need to be connected at the time, or something?

I have been lurking on this forumfor a while and wondered what kind of stuff these banned people do say. I have never seen anything like you describe – probably because I rather play single player games than multiplayer 😉

So I’am actually asking is there any way to see those logs? Are they located somewhere in net? If they are I’d like to see how bad language these guys use…

— Jaenis
    Se karvasin osa

Ebonite
    Participant

everything is logged to the server, so only the server admin can really access those logs, unless they choose to make them available. from the reports, I don’t think I would care to see these logs.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Currently there is no way for another user to see the server logs. Unfortunately it contains the ip address and stats ids so I really wouldn’t want to publish them anyway.

Ok i’ve banned them.

On another note I am looking for player admins, 38 allows players to ban/kick/slap etc from in the game. And it would be nice to have some regular players who can do this so people can’t spoil it for any amount of time.

If anyone fancies the job then let me know.

Ebonite
    Participant

I nominate Apollo Tangent, since he’s on all the time, anyway.

poolee
    Participant

Yay, admins!!

I nominate Ebonite, TheOriginalNoMore, Wowbagger, M.O., C.C. well anyone in the top 20 who is on lots, and has a good demeanor.

An admin should be allowed to ban another admin if that admin turns bad though. I would assume unbanning can only be done by you Gavin?

Cheers
    Poolee

M. O.
    Participant

@poolee wrote:

Yay, admins!!

I nominate Ebonite, TheOriginalNoMore, Wowbagger, M.O., C.C. well anyone in the top 20 who is on lots, and has a good demeanor.

An admin should be allowed to ban another admin if that admin turns bad though. I would assume unbanning can only be done by you Gavin?

Cheers
    Poolee

Thanks for the vote of confidence But I would have to decline since i have a tendancy to just up and go on vacation for up too 2months at a time with no Inet access. 😛 We like to take the kids on educational tours of the U.S. and study history by actually going where the actions took place. Sometimes a book just doesn’t cut it.

Willis
    Participant

Poolee I would vote against that idea, becuase if an admin would go crazy/awol – they would merely ban the administration team too.

Admins should be choosen on both online time and participation time here at the forums. So people like shock, poolee, apollo, ebon, and others would be good nominations.

Gaming time presents a loyalty and skill level, plus making yourself common gains you great respect among other players. Forum time presents a deeper interest then just playing, forum time presents a desire to actually be part of the inside decision making community.

Willis
    Participant

Gavin I was also meaning to ask – these 2 indentitys.. were they two seperate users or shared IP’s ?

Wowbagger
    Participant

I dont like the idea of player administrators, I dont think any player should have the authority to ban another player. This could backfire if you start really whacking someone then they could get pissed and kick you.

However I am in favor of some form of player commity to dicuss any inapropriate behaviors during gameplay, then a report could be sent to Gavin so he can pull up the id and make the decision himself.

So far with 38 although it hasnt been out very long, I havent really encountered any players that have been out of line yet, but I would gladly keep an eye on the players while i’m on and report any Rude, Lewd or Racial slurs or anything else that is harsh or highly offensive.

Anyhow thats my thoughts on the matter.

l8er,
    Wowbagger

Deathstryker
    Participant

I don’t see anything wrong with admins. I mean, if you are wrongfully banned , all you’d have to do is complain on the forums about and I’m sure witnesses would back you up on it and the Admin will be removed. Simple as that.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@willis wrote:

Gavin I was also meaning to ask – these 2 indentitys.. were they two seperate users or shared IP’s ?

2 seperate, I have shared IPs turned off now.
    But they were different cable providers.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.