This topic contains 218 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ArmorWraith 1 year ago.

• Author

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Sure mate ill help you if I can. Modding isnt tough and its fun.

Armor

barnEbiss
    Participant

Just one question my one mesh has a texture that has a transparent part! does S3D support PNG file format?

barnEbiss
    Participant

Also what should I save the model format to? 3DS or FBX? or obj?

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Scorched 3D only supports ase and MS3D ASCII File formats. What I do is port them as .obj (when i model in sketchup) and import them into Milkshape.. then I export them to MS3D ASCII file format for the engine.

Scorched does support alpha textures, but only with bmp alphas (black is invisible, white is visible) overlayed on a texture.

Armor

barnEbiss
    Participant

Armorwraith here is link to zip of my LCC building in the format you said to use I zipped it up and uploaded it for you to look at, if it loads ok for you I can post the Air force base mesh and silo building meshes for you!
    MinutemanLaunchControlBuilding

ArmorWraith
    Participant

The launch center looks great, but the textures will not be read properly by the engine.

-Scorched only supports alpha bmp atm, using two bmps, one colored and one to show where trasparency is on the original bmp.

I noticed some joints and bones in there? Was it animated? I get a wierd animation when I try to play it, but thats not really important. Easily fixable. I sent gavin a message letting him know you had some interest in contributing. He may take a while to reply, very busy man.

if we work out the kinks, and get you to know the engine youll prolly have a very good shot at making whatever you desire.

Armor

barnEbiss
    Participant

Ok cool I will try and adjust the texture for you so it does work on the LCC!

I have attached the Minuteman-3 ICBM Silo!
    [attachment=0:tbzr84yz]MinnutmanSilo.zip[/attachment:tbzr84yz]

barnEbiss
    Participant

And here is the missile that goes with the silo 🙂
    [attachment=0:1wlrzbmy]MinnutmanIII-ICBM.zip[/attachment:1wlrzbmy]

ArmorWraith
    Participant

The silo would work fine with the engine, cant see any problem areas.

Armor

ArmorWraith
    Participant

if you wished for the minuteman missile to break into seperate pieces during flight, you would need to model the missile as a whole, and to have it break you would need to model the after stages. (basically delete the bottom part export, then the middle export, then the top. export I would only model one warhead though, you can mirv those with the engine.)

Armor

barnEbiss
    Participant

Ok I will edit the missile as you said and repost it!

In the meantime here is the E3-Sentry
    [attachment=0:mm06he91]E3-Sentry.zip[/attachment:mm06he91]

barnEbiss
    Participant

Hey Amorwraith how does the E3-Sentry look for you 🙂 would be interesting to see some shots of it in S3d 😛

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Yeah, ill post some when i get a chance.

Armor

barnEbiss
    Participant

Ok cool man 🙂 just let me know if you need any meshes done up! Also any word from Gavin?

Shackattack
    Participant

he@barnebiss wrote:

Ok cool man 🙂 just let me know if you need any meshes done up! Also any word from Gavin?

pm’ed me yesterday on a diff topic and he said he’s on Holiday and will be back soon.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 220 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.