This topic contains 218 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ArmorWraith 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Thats why it has been renamed armored warfare evolved. AWE for short.

The toxic Strike will be redone, i promise. That was all added quite late and still needed to be balanced. The mod as it stands is still undergoing alot, college decided to start right as I began balancing and fine tuning. I promise, next release/version is going to be better. 🙂

My mod will be set up with both turnfreereload and turnbased modes.

(I am removing the Radiation Nuke due to its.. well.. effectiveness..)

Armor

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Cool, I have faith in you.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

I had an epiphany on how to balance the toxic strike, though it will be by a new name now.

*ignore below jumble, dev notes as i sit at my desk*

cyanide descend, projectile emission, point on ground, directionring, large smokesize, fade time 3-5, exp damage?

Armor

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Can you add custom avatars for mods? I would like to make some presets for my players to use.

Armor

Thrax
    Participant

@armorwraith wrote:

Can you add custom avatars for mods? I would like to make some presets for my players to use.

Armor

Actually, yes you can. We’d played with that a few years ago.
    Include the /avatars folder in the mod, and it’s list should be available to the user.

This was last done before gavin moved the default into the globalmods section, but it
    should still apply. Whether it adds-to, or over-rides the base set, i don’t remember.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

@thrax wrote:

Actually, yes you can. We’d played with that a few years ago.
    Include the /avatars folder in the mod, and it’s list should be available to the user.

This was last done before gavin moved the default into the globalmods section, but it
    should still apply. Whether it adds-to, or over-rides the base set, i don’t remember.

Hmm doesnt appear to be working, maybe i m doing it wrong.
    Armor

Anonymous

avatars need to be of precise sizes and file sized, I know it’s documented here

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@| Hayt | wrote:

avatars need to be of precise sizes and file sized, I know it’s documented here

That’s only for non-bastages.

Real bastages can do what they like.
    Well, except most things, but that’s not the point!

Anonymous

Whoa, it lives! 😉

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Feel free to list any props you would like to see in AWE, I would be happy to add them!

Currently there are:

Radio Tower
    Giant Meteor
    StoneHenge
    COnifers, ferns, dino nests
    lighthouse
    gold deposits
    howitzers, bombpad, gas station
    fuelcans, pumps, drums

Plan to add:
    mini frogs(boid)
    birds(boid)
    fish/whale (boid)
    Pillars
    Temple
    Oil Rig
    Jugs/pots
    crystals
    mini forest groves
    mushrooms

I cant think of any more right now, but I will definitely be asking for user input on theese.

Cheers!
    Armor

Thrax
    Participant

Oki. so far, it’s exceeding expectations in a ton of areas. =D>

bots are smarter and learning, maps are unique and coming along well.

just a few thots then.

increase the size of the pirate ship grape-shot a hiar,i only see the shadows falling.

shrink the meteorite rock by maybe 20percent, and bury it a bit more. looks perfectly
    shaped, but from the size of it, it would have made half the planet evaporate 😀

try that fog we touched on, i think it does help on fading land edges, and adds feeling.

I’ll pm you that market file to try, but keep the original in reserve if you like.
    It should help get prices sliding as players start visiting.
    If you keep the server open while you’re away or asleep, we can get a better taste. It
    really doesn’t take that much power or bandwidth. I’ll be back as i can to sample more of
    the arsonel if i get free time.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

The crashing on that landscape is unique to my desktop. Laptop was fine. Wierd… what could it be?

Armor

ArmorWraith
    Participant

I found the culprit for the landscape kicking me. I had a corrupt default landscape folder. For some reason it was unable to identify the textures. I replaced them with the ones on my laptop and wallah! Fixed.

Armor

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Screenie for one of my favorite maps. 🙂

Armor

ArmorWraith
    Participant

A benchmark testing, thats over 300 planes. 🙂

Armor

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 220 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.