This topic contains 218 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ArmorWraith 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Well lappy, I cant complain about filesize for the landscapes anymore. check it out. The landscape took a couple of seconds to load (more than normal) but the range was breath taking.

Armor

ArmorWraith
    Participant

and im still getting decent frame rates.. how is this possible..!?

Maaan.. I might have to add one or two of theese, never seen anything quite like it.

Armor

ArmorWraith
    Participant

I realized one of two things: 1 good one bad..

My mod hasnt been deleting and moving things as I have been, so if anyones mod folder is 110 or more mb, I will have to figure out something so you get a clean mod without having to dl it again.

Secondly.. my single core integrated gfx card piece of crap laptop can play s3d just fine on a 1024×1024 landscape! without a rediculous loading time even! 😀

Armor

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

nice

id like to see oversized tanks to go with oversized levels.
    @armorwraith wrote:

and im still getting decent frame rates.. how is this possible..!?

just gussing – the water probably takes more to process than land does. if it’s mostly land in view, you’ll probably get a higher frame rate. id guess the amount video memory you have would come into play at some stage.

interesting you say the load time doesnt increase.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

on my server,my laptop loads it quite fast, but the landscape detail slider is all the way down.

On my desktop it takes a couple seconds more to load due to the detail it draws (slider all the way up).

Armor

ArmorWraith
    Participant

If I were to turn Water off, do you think that 1024×1024 landscapes would function better? As in not so intensive? I noticed on the server when i hosted there was a teeny bit of lag, not much, but im a perfectionist when it comes to theese things.

Armor

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

@armorwraith wrote:

If I were to turn Water off, do you think that 1024×1024 landscapes would function better? As in not so intensive? I noticed on the server when i hosted there was a teeny bit of lag, not much, but im a perfectionist when it comes to theese things.

Armor

it’d depend on the landscape, i think. how much water’s in frame etc. also, the flatness of the land/intricacy of the heighmap – prob makes a difference.

you could try a 1024 map with a 256 playable area. that worked quite well for me last time i tested. blur the outer edges of the landscape to reduce the detail. or, you could try experimenting with the land error setting, see if it makes a diff. if it doesnt, you know the landscape isnt causing problems. keep in mind that hardware differs a lot in what it’s good at. eg, a 20% reduction in frame rate if you add more fog, say, could make negligible diff on the next machine you test on, and vice versa

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Pro needs an official name now. Not just the pro(totype) name I gave it.

Armor

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Does this mean I have to check every single model AGAIN!!?

DOH DOH DOH DOH DOH DOH DOH DOH!!!! IT WORKED FINE LAST VERSION!!!!!

Armor

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Pro will now be known as Armored Warfare Evolved. OR AWE for short.

LOL.. theese new weapons..

Armor

ArmorWraith
    Participant

I really dont want to model a helicopter.. sigh..this takes so much time.

Armor

Anonymous

@armorwraith wrote:

I really dont want to model a helicopter.. sigh..this takes so much time.

Armor

Can’t you just pinch one from another mod and just modify it? Probably need the milkshape source however, I’m such a noob when it comes to modding 😉

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Im abit of a detail nazi. I like to squeeze the most detail out of my models. The other models just dont cut it.

Armor

Anonymous

Fair enough 🙂 I like your work so keep it up!

ArmorWraith
    Participant

So I spent all morning modeling this.. I will add cannons rockets and miniguns later.

Right now the main rotor rotates, just have to make it spin faster.

Armor

EDIT** Updated with final stealth and loadout.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 220 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.