This topic contains 218 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ArmorWraith 1 year, 1 month ago.

• Author

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

no, but i know a ‘man who may.

im a bit out of touch with the current release – i get a bit mixed up with all the changes. but, think about testing with a large heightmap scaled to a smaller size in the game. can we still do that? thrax will know. it used to be a way to get more landscape detail.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

@laptops Daddy wrote:

no, but i know a ‘man who may.

im a bit out of touch with the current release – i get a bit mixed up with all the changes. but, think about testing with a large heightmap scaled to a smaller size in the game. can we still do that? thrax will know. it used to be a way to get more landscape detail.

yes I had a 2048×2048 bmp scaled down to 512×512 in the game 😀

Armor

ArmorWraith
    Participant

specialty landscapes.. I love them

Egyptian Desert
    (night is my favorite so far)

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Vesuvius erupts, smokes and is looking good 😀

sphere mapped lava

Armor

ArmorWraith
    Participant

400 A-10 Warthogs 😀

Still got managebale frames.

armor

ArmorWraith
    Participant

My mod at the moment is 80mb uncompressed and 30.8 mb compressed, I havent trimmed/optimized or finalized anything yet, just been conscious of how much file cutting i can do in the dev process. most of the landscape textures will probably be resided their each 512×512.

models were made with a conscious effor to make them low poly.

Armor

ArmorWraith
    Participant

ok my mod is 78.5mb uncompressed and 39.4 compressed. This puts it at 4mb more than the Swars download. I think I will have to ingeniously reuse functionality instead of adding more content. I decided not to resize lanscape textures, they looked abit wonky when going through my resizing process.

I will just have to aquire a higher creativity intution lol.

Armor

ArmorWraith
    Participant

I have added voice over notifications to my mod. They are a computer generated male british voice. It should add more to the overall game experience. I used audacity to create radio comm static.

A sample is attached below.

Im thinking of adding custom voices as I update in the future, for players to decide what voices they wish to hear. (female, male, demon, wizard,dragon ectera.)
    armor

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Thrax have you had time to look the mod over? Can you set up a passcoded server tonight for testing? I wouldnt mind you to drop in as well 😛 afterall its friday night! woot!

Armor

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Fixes Necessary

Interchange landscape textures to more landscapes for variety
    a wider weapons selection is needed.
    Impact Grenade (prolly need new exp)
    Large Napalm blast of some sort.
    More money for players.
    Add crackling death.
    Adjust Pricing

Create explosives box
    Remove thumbs.db

fixed

Fix mouse aiming hud, some players cant see it well.
    Motor is disabled for some reason.
    put ALL shields in defense catagory.
    Thermal Nuclear Warhead
    Hydrogen Missile?
    Tweak Drop Times
    Add weapon icons to certain weapons.
    weed out unused content, fix uppercase names
    Fix music, wait, buy, and shot. Soften Volume, but keep lively too
    soften f-35 rocket release noise.
    Drop crates are needed.
    No scaling power with life.
    Create Titan Bomblet Missile (rocket/bomblet.ogg)
    Create V2
    Add realistic crackling texture
    finish custom semi tank
    Semi needs more detail.
    Add a couple more custom tanks.
    Remove apaches from WWII map

Armageddon.ru
    Participant

ArmorWraith!
    Your PRO-mod is rather nice!
    But here is My ideas,(remember you asked any) 😉

Can you create:
    1)Nuclear Mushroom + Alarm sound for the most expensive Nuclear Warhead and a flat ground in a huge distance around the centre of explosion?! And may be grey + yellow colour of radiation (but not just a green – its chemical) What do you think?
    2)Special weapon to force enemy’s tank not to move (engine destroyer),like a wide electrical magnetic field cartridge,for example.
    3)Plasmoid – not big (rather small) ball of plasma ,which similar to laser in use, but moreover can go through everything and destroy it (ground include).

Smth special,like a Plasma Cannon in SWARS,but very deadfull,very expensive toy. Then it touch smbdy’s tank – this tank will become red, more and more
    scorching, then explode smartly… After explosion – we have wide black spot there.

Thats enough,IMHO. 🙂
    And please, dont allow to change your PRO-mod considerably. I so dislike MERGE for many stupid things. Dont wanna see them here. Your PRO-style is modern and great! Too many weapons really can spoil your fantastic mod.
    Thank you,once more.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Hmm interesting, I have been considering some of the weapons you have just mentioned. I am working on making a new mushroom cloud, but we’ll see 🙂

Ill definitely consider some of theese 🙂

Armor

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Testing some landscape placements I made awhile ago, just never got around to using them. New textures and landscapes as well. 🙂

ArmorWraith

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

hi. just wanted to say – your mod is excellent. it’s quite a work of art. i know how many hours go into that kind of thing, but dont stop. tweak it, make it perfect. it’s one of the best there is.

id like to see more seamless landscapes like your last. there are some screenshots from early experiments i made here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5579&p=52945&hilit=landscape#p52931
    ^ more like that, but with your skills and dedication to actually make it happen : )

suggestion: when youre done, could you make a video to showcase it?
    http://www2.webng.com/ltdaddy/water41.avi
    i ran into that when i was searching for that link. 2007 – the first ‘new water’ (predates high-quality youtube). i dont know how that link still works, but it seems to.
    (i think i made the music for that myself. didnt even know i could do that)

ArmorWraith
    Participant

The Seamless landscape idea is very tempting, but the load times would kill some people. Some of my landscapes are 512 x 512, theese are what I call arena maps. The maps above are normal maps, but have 2d models placed far out to sea to trick people into thinking there are islands in the distance. Its quite effective actually.

Ill do a couple tests, it never hurts to have just one. 😉
    I cant promise a video, dont have any recording software. But I can promise a screenshot.

Edit** Ah I just realized you were mentioning the ones before the recent ones. Yes those are the arena maps 🙂

Armor

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 220 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.