This topic contains 218 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ArmorWraith 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Heya Guys,

I updated awe again today, cleaned up the airstrikes, added new effects and timings to them etc. I also tried to scale the plane models accurately in relation to one another, you can really see the detail I put into them now! 😀

More updates to AI and conventional weapons to come! 🙂

I hope you enjoy!

Armor

throcken
    Participant

the update to scorched earth doesn’t include this mod…where the HECK can i find the download for it? i have looked and looked.

*- never mind, halfway through this forum (this is the third time i’ve looked for more than 30 mins for a link anywhere on the nets) i found ‘just connect to the server to automatically download…

i feel stupid now 🙂 great mod, was upset it wasn’t included this last update of s3d.

Pneumandron
    Participant

Hello there! I’ve got a question although I’m afraid that everybody connected to this wonderful project is long dead/missing or bored to extinction. If the dev reads this please accept my gratitude for making this splendid piece of scorched art. Anyway. Every time I play against bots and they use shields they all tend to skip their moves almost fanatically (I mean they do not move/shoot at all) When I deactivated their ability to utilize those, they started to act normally. Does anybody have any idea about the cause of all this? Thanks for any tips. And once again, great job! Cheers

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@pneumandron wrote:

Hello there! I’ve got a question although I’m afraid that everybody connected to this wonderful project is long dead/missing or bored to extinction. If the dev reads this please accept my gratitude for making this splendid piece of scorched art. Anyway. Every time I play against bots and they use shields they all tend to skip their moves almost fanatically (I mean they do not move/shoot at all) When I deactivated their ability to utilize those, they started to act normally. Does anybody have any idea about the cause of all this? Thanks for any tips. And once again, great job! Cheers

Because that’s the only way that AW can win any games 😆

Pneumandron
    Participant

Thanks for the answer! So this is actually a part of their “intelligence”? To bad for me I like playing against bots. Anyway, I’ve figured out a “funky” way to trick them into actually firing at me when I use a shield. I’ll have to do with it 🙂

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@pneumandron wrote:

Thanks for the answer! So this is actually a part of their “intelligence”? To bad for me I like playing against bots. Anyway, I’ve figured out a “funky” way to trick them into actually firing at me when I use a shield. I’ll have to do with it 🙂

Nooo, no no no, sorry, I just being a dick to AW, it was a joke to fill the time until he pops by.

I’m not a fan of most of the mods (other than ‘none’), so I didn’t know it was a ‘thing’.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Hmm Hello there,

I have never encountered this issue. Its been a while since I dusted off the mod. Might have to take a look at it soon. They dont fire with shields on you say? Interesting.

Armor

Pneumandron
    Participant

-> Peanut

I got tricked! Noooo! 🙂

-> Armor

To be exact they seem to skip moves every time their target has an activated shield, either me (or my mate when we “hot seat”) or another bot (like in the “presentation mode” when AI obliterate themselves without a human player). When during a simultaneous turn play I deactivate my shield, fire and after a second activate another one the AI gets tricked and acts normally. It almost seems like they don’t have a tactic to counter the shield and play it as the old Cunctator i.e. they skip every move. I tried to reinstall the mod but to no avail. I hope it helps if you decide to delve into it. Once again, thanks for your mod. It’s GREAT

AleisterHH
    Participant

Hi,

thanks to Shellshock Life I have just rediscovered Scorch3D.
    (Yes I am too stingy to pay the lousy 15 euros :mrgreen: )
    Still a great game. Unfortunately, it seems to be relatively dead here.

I am looking for the AWE Mod, but can not find a source to download.

Does anyone know one?

cu

Aleister

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

15 Euros?

Just jump into the AWE server, it’ll download the mod. Takes several mines.

Viewing 10 posts - 211 through 220 (of 220 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.