This topic contains 218 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ArmorWraith 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Apart from the fact it’s really loud, it’s good.
    Got that ‘Firefly’ vibe going a bit 🙂

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Tried Uvunwrapper Classic (free)

I am trying to wrap my head around unwrapping software. I am still a noob at it, and this is my first real test trying this method.

Armor

ArmorWraith
    Participant

I thought it would be interesting to post this:

– Awe is currently 90.8 MB uncompressed
    – 1687 files and 282 folders
    – Compressed size is 58.7 MB

Breakdown:

Weapon Models | 136 meshes using 52 textures at 13 MB

Landscapes | 15 event, 60 generic at 3.32 MB

Meshes | 225 model and texture files at 18 MB

Music | 1 file, 419 KB

Tank Meshes | 60 tank meshes and their texture files at 25 MB

Custom Textures | 16.4 MB

Custom Sound Effects | 459 ogg and wav files at 11 MB

Custom HUD | 2 MB

Thought it was an interesting examination.

All the best,

Armor

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Hey Mates,

Just as an idea, would you mates rather have airplanes flying around the map, or swooping in destroying it?

I am slightly conflicted in using boid movement at the moment, it seems kind of pointless when I can have a high and fast one spawn in randomly and deliver some ordinance?

all the best,

Armor

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@armorwraith wrote:

Hey Mates,

Just as an idea, would you mates rather have airplanes flying around the map, or swooping in destroying it?

I am slightly conflicted in using boid movement at the moment, it seems kind of pointless when I can have a high and fast one spawn in randomly and deliver some ordinance?

all the best,

Armor

FWIW (which shouldn’t be much).

I’ve never liked external factors affecting a game, I like to play against players, not the game itself.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

I understand that mindset, which is why I made it so event maps can be disabled as needed. I just think its funny when someone gets a nuke up their rear in a safe position, because a B2 pilot had a fancy for it 😛

I have seen some hilarious stuff happen due to events. Makes for great conversation haha.

Anyway, opinion noted, will see if anyone else decides to put forth some ideas.

Cheers,

Armor

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Hello Mates!

AWE is on track! I am nearly done with landscapes, next I move on to pricing, balance, then finally scoring! Then public release!

I can’t wait to AWE you this time around! 😆

Cheers,

Armor

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Trying something new for weapon stats and balancing information. Now I just need awe to reflect the changes in the xml and try it out!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oq_oryiU8UbwQqF10mpqGLRYeUK_srDtq2R_VDl0uc8/edit?usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1jJOAvNrdj4IxeMfsODnKS551wmfGuMNI5JJrQqEFQw0/edit#slide=id.gecce5abf_10

All the best,

Armor

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Just wanted to announce that AWE will begin initial pre-release testing this weekend.

If you wish to join the beta session, just pm me your desire to do so and I can provide you with the links for the v44 beta, and password for our test beta server!

How exciting! :D/

Cheers,

Armor

ArmorWraith
    Participant

I am proud to announce the public release of AWE V44 For Scorched 3D!

Gavin has worked hard to bring many changes to the engine to make awe possible.

The new version utilizes every aspect of the Scorched 3D engine to bring you the most enjoyment possible out of the engine!

Please enjoy the new version , and feel free comment with your thoughts about it!

Just connect to the online server to download the mod automatically!

You may also download and install the mod manually from my google drive here:

AWE V.44 Manual Download 1.0

Simply unzip this folder and paste it into your users/username/.scorched3d/mods folder.

I hope you enjoy it, and as always-

All the best,

Armor

itsapainfulworld
    Participant

Well either I’m just not doing it right, or there are no models for Tank when I try to start a new game of AWE under the Beginner Difficulty, resulting in a CTD…..

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Hello Mate,

Try checking your video settings, under the speed tab, find the tank detail option, set it to high.

Let me know if this works for you. 8-[

Armor

itsapainfulworld
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply, I usually bump down my visual settings on just about anything I play due to running a lower end machine. I tried that and it added a bunch of models to Launcher and Custom, but still nothing in Tanks. I was able to play though, and I do enjoy this mod.

Also if I can, I would like to suggest, assuming it’s not already in the works, that game customization be added for when we want a specific number of players or a custom difficulty.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Hello Mate,

Select Play Game -> Customized Game. This will allow you to configure a whole slew of options for you to tinker with.

Try selecting tanks again, after selecting another class. Its a small bug that occurs.

Glad I could help.

All the best,

Armor

itsapainfulworld
    Participant

Thanks, for whatever reason I thought I’d find that option after clicking the gamemode/mod, and the tanks are there now.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 220 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.