This topic contains 218 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ArmorWraith 1 year ago.

• Author

Dr. Strangelove
    Participant

Thank you very much… πŸ˜€

btw: I made new less-lag, but very realistic mushrooms, maybe you are intrested… πŸ˜‰

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Yeah would love to have a look at them. Remade them several times myself.

Armor

Dr. Strangelove
    Participant

No problem, mate πŸ˜‰
    Here is the download link:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/2063173385/strangelove.zip

ArmorWraith
    Participant

WOW that lasts a long time.. you may want to speed that up just a tad lol.. Otherwise it looks good. I will be making a new nuke ect as well for both awe and reloaded mods. I had always meant to redo them, just never got the time.

So far I see your toying with things, and the direction its headed in is great. Cant wait to see your finished mod.

Armor

Dr. Strangelove
    Participant

The mushroom lifetime seems too long, but it isn’t πŸ˜‰ , I increased the mushroom time because a real mushroom lifetime is +/- 2 days for a small nuke, +/-4 days for a big nuke, a normal explosion cloud lifetime is only 15 minutes to 2 hours… that’s why I multiplied the mushroom lifetime by +/-24 (I don’t know how long a default mushroom lifetime is… πŸ˜• :-s ❓ but I guessed +/-2 seconds πŸ™‚ ).

At the moment I am making condensation rings using the old mushroom clouds… it looks very realistic, I also made a more realistic smoke texture πŸ˜€

btw: Is it a good idea to make a nuclear MIRV (4-6 warheads) with simplified explosions and mushrooms, i so, the problem is that I don’t know a good name for it that will be understandable for all players…

edit: I have a question for you: wich maps have a opaque sky? thx πŸ˜‰ (I am planning to make alphamaps for them, because they don’t look realistic…)

ArmorWraith
    Participant

@Dr. Strangelove wrote:

btw: Is it a good idea to make a nuclear MIRV (4-6 warheads) with simplified explosions and mushrooms, i so, the problem is that I don’t know a good name for it that will be understandable for all players…

Don’t see why not. Most people know the LGM-118 Peacekeeper Missiles are nuclear MIRVs.
    The Trident Missile family is also well known for its MIRV capability. If you need those models let me know, ill get them ready for you. Would you want them in seperate parts? So they can break apart like in real life?

@Dr. Strangelove wrote:

edit: I have a question for you: wich maps have a opaque sky? thx πŸ˜‰ (I am planning to make alphamaps for them, because they don’t look realistic…)

Not sure what you mean here? The skys are a single texture, very small and stretched out. clearsky.jpg in the default will show you what I am talking about. πŸ™‚

As far as alphas go, they will mostly have a cloud something file. the cloudm is the cloud mask for creating the clouds. I couldnt tell you right off the bat which have clear skies, could you show me a picture of what you mean, ingame? Do you mean no clouds?

Armor

Dr. Strangelove
    Participant

I was talking about the maps where you are not able to see the sun (only clouds)… (In dutch sky (hemel/lucht) means in most cases (except when it’s cloudless) the whole atmosphere including clouds…). I am talking about maps including: some tropical, most lava maps, and some other maps…

sorry that I confused you… #-o It’s because English isn’t my native langue… you know… (I live in Belgium…)

Don’t see why not. Most people know the LGM-118 Peacekeeper Missiles are nuclear MIRVs.
    The Trident Missile family is also well known for its MIRV capability. If you need those models let me know, ill get them ready for you

thank you very much!!! (I prefer the LGM-118 Peacekeeper… πŸ˜‰ )

Would you want them in seperate parts? So they can break apart like in real life?

yes, thanks!

edit: I tested (and tweaked) your laser code… it works great!!!!! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€
    edit2: I fixed the random oasis crash… (I removed oasis from the list, and I remade the oasis environment… πŸ˜€ )
    edit3: Question: Is it possible to give the AI/bots a money bonus?

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Just a quick update- finally replaced the damn theme song for AWE, last one was a joke. Updated a couple weapons, clipped some, ect.

Cheers,

Armor

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Rebalanced Gunship and Warthog support strikes, added new sound effects, in the process of readjusting priority volume levels. Planes no longer scream ridiculously loud, and smoke grenade pops dont drown out explosions.

Cheers,

Armor

ArmorWraith
    Participant

With the impending update coming to AWE I felt I needed to release a help document or two to aid players in their knowledge of the weapons.

Below is the relative damage and weapon availability chart. I will be posting a description for each weapon later, as well as a picture of its model.

I hope you guys enjoy this next update, I can’t wait to show you what I have been working on lately!

All the best,

Armor

ArmorWraith
    Participant

I have begun stress testing AWE on my laptop, and the results so far have been fantastic. I have been trimming and redoing weapons lately, and this is great news. πŸ˜€

My Laptops specs are:
    Intel Single Core Processor: 1.86 GHz
    Ram: 3 GB
    On board Video: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD
    Model: Acer Aspire 7741

The settings are at the very minimum, and still look pretty darn good for a low end pc. πŸ™‚
    It runs relatively smooth at 1024X768 resolution in windowed mode.

Yahooo,

Armor

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Hey Guys!

I have just completed the most recent changes to AWE addressing some of the defense issues. I have added a couple new shields, and buffed some of the weaker weapons.

I also wanted to make you aware of the AWE guide available below, I will be updating it in conjunction with my updates to the mod, so information should be relatively accurate. There you will find tips, stats, and general information about the mod!

I can’t wait to show you what I have in store πŸ˜€

Cheers,

Armor

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Hey guys,

Aside from a few tweaks, and some re-balancing, this will be what the new version of awe looks like.

I will be updating the guide soon, and hopefully releasing it soon!

Cheers,

Armor

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Here is a link to my development and in-progress work. I havent posted in the forums in a while, but this will always have my latest ideas in it πŸ™‚

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/13-w33ZuNWoBXW2W8wCBtBCeWTzJyZ_Vf8pTrXoss9zA/edit

Cheers,

Armor

ArmorWraith
    Participant

I have been pondering since the beginning of new ways to create explosions. Now with these new tags, I can use models to do my evil explosive bidding! Muahahaha.

(The best part? Easier on my computer than particles!)

:badgrin:

Cheers,

Armor

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 220 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.