This topic contains 83 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Loke 9 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@apache64d wrote:

What is the reason they say some movies are 14+ or 16+ or 18+?? it the same in here. This place is “for all audience” so this kind of avatars ofcours aren’t allowed. If it would be then this place will no longer be “for all audience” but minimum age limit site amd that wasn’t the goal of this place/the site admin.

Those guideline for age restriction change from country to country, even state to state within the same country, therein you have demonstrated the difference between countries tolerence to different things.

I looked at the rules and guidelines, there is no reference to what IS sexually explicit.

To say that I was dishonourable in my post, I can understand why you didn’t like my post, I was trying to get your attention so that you might read and PAY ATTENTION to what I was trying to say. That your world is not THE world and that every single person on this planet thinks their OWN thoughts and that not EVERYONE ‘all audiences’ would find this an acceptable game.

However, to say “his reply wasn’t an honoreable one.” is certainly going a little far.

Loke
    Participant

All I posted on this tread is only my personal opinion on this subject and in no way represents the attitude or values of the gameadmins, BB made a statement of his interpretation of the server rules – I agree unsurprisingly.

I brought up religion in this tread for reasons which to me are only too obvious:

At no point should the religious sensitivities dictate the rules or rules of conduct including the filter applied to the chat. As nut pointed out it will open the floodgates to any kind of intolerance based on religious dogma and I for one will fight it to my last keystroke.

The intolerance of what christianity makes of human nature concerning all “fleshy” is well known as is the violent past and even contemporary though they may well belong to the lunatic fringe of this belief system. As the news depicts a world of the struggle of belief systems it would be reasonable to give it some thoughts.

Are many people entrenched in values/morals they inherited rather than forming their own opinions which relate to the present – I fear so.

Loke;

apache64d
    Participant

Huh? “complete garbage”? nice words PR.. realy..
    Thanks for your very honest reply.

BTW, I spoke as an admin- a one in the team that decides what are the rules and make the rules and also helps enforce them…If u didn’t know all that.

Loke
    Participant

ap I think you dont want to press your own conviction into service unless its verified that the admins support it. Nut was not writing garbage, but a relevant concern, you may have bypassed it.

Loke;)

apache64d
    Participant

Well..the admins did support it..as it says in the rules and guidlines that the admins wrote and agreed on…I guess BB changed his opinion since then…have u 2?
    I’m not trying to press anything..only saying what the rules are.

Loke, PR said that my txt was garbage..I wasn’t the one that said it.
    He can consern anythingthing he wants but there is a way to reply..and his reply wasn’t an honoreable one.

BigBear
    Participant

@apache64d wrote:

Well..the admins did support it..as it says in the rules and guidlines that the admins wrote and agreed on…I guess BB changed his opinion since then…have u 2?
    I’m not trying to press anything..only saying what the rules are.

Loke, PR said that my txt was garbage..I wasn’t the one that said it.
    He can consern anythingthing he wants but there is a way to reply..and his reply wasn’t an honoreable one.

If you would have bothered to look more closely for the meaning of the term “sexually explicit” you would find that it’s hardly clear that this avatar is in violation. I would definately say that it’s not. Do not mention my name in the same sentance as your attempts to bend the rules to fit your interpretation of the rules. I take pride in trying to be as objective as possible in matters of this nature. If you wanna try to infer your personal opinion then fine, but don’t drag me into that mess!!!

apache64d
    Participant

Weird..I looked for it too..and it does goes into the defenition of sexsual exlplicit. it is not a hard one but still it is.
    BB, then why, at the past, we asked ppl to chnage thier avatars when they used avatars like that? ❓
    If u tried to scare me with bunch of”!!!!” then it wasn’t a success.
    BB, just go to the admin forum and suggest a change in rules.

Deathbal
    Participant

Among many other things, by definition, sexually explicit includes…

or emphasizing the depiction of adult human genitals

Depiction: Show by or as if by a picture.

Explicit: Absolutely clear or precise.

“Sexually explicit material” — Defined — Unlawful display.
    (1) A person is guilty of unlawful display of sexually explicit material if he knowingly exhibits such material on a viewing screen so that the sexually explicit material is easily visible from a public thoroughfare, park or playground or from one or more family dwelling units.

It’s up to you what you guys want to do. But just saying it isn’t doesn’t make it so.

bazzz
    Participant

Apacheeee i think you mistakenly overestemate the truth of your belief concerning this subject.
    If i havent misunderstood the point you make is that breasts(wich is also filtered out PR, funbags isnt but i dont care for that word as it could easily be considered disrespectfull) should be considered sexually explicit.

My point is that it isnt, i tried to give your insight in why i think that.

I care what the rules are- its what people have decided what to go by if common sense fails,they are a safeguard for conflicts.But that wont stop people to interpretate them as it serves them best. Unless the rules state that breasts are sexual explicit there is no rule that overrules my arguments.If the admins feel like it they could overrule my arguments and i would be happy to accept that, at the moment they are undecided tough.

Excuse me for questioning authoroty.There is not a rule against that is there?

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@deathbal wrote:

Among many other things, by definition, sexually explicit includes…

or emphasizing the depiction of adult human genitals

Depiction: Show by or as if by a picture.

Explicit: Absolutely clear or precise.

“Sexually explicit material” — Defined — Unlawful display.
    (1) A person is guilty of unlawful display of sexually explicit material if he knowingly exhibits such material on a viewing screen so that the sexually explicit material is easily visible from a public thoroughfare, park or playground or from one or more family dwelling units.

It’s up to you what you guys want to do. But just saying it isn’t doesn’t make it so.

As far as I know, breasts are not genitals.

And TY Bazz for the info, I was unsure.

BTW, anyone seen my post where I ‘dishounorably’ try to point out apaches errors? I seem to have edited it away, but I dont remember doing so.

Loke
    Participant

Dear bazz

Not undecided only of different minds, which i may point out as that something is happening and maybe it will result of some kind of “law” or agreement. This one is public – others wherent. Use your voice on this matter as it is quite serious.

This may only be limited democracy but then your opinion may sway minds, master your words, bring forward your arguments – be heard.

Loke;)

Irishbandit
    Participant

Did any one just ask the player in question to simply change the avatar?

pastor of muppets
    Participant

No I have not Irish I’ve never met this person in game play. I did want to post too find out why the avatar has been allowed because I thought it was against the rules.

Bazz very fair…completely wrong of me to compare coke and alcohol with these boobies my bad.

BB I have agreed with your ruling on this subject if you base it on all the definitions I have read. But feel that all the admins should come to an agreement.

Apache I agree with you that this rule was enforced in the past actually when I was being taught how to make an avatar I was warned by the other players to not make avatars containing cuss words or nudity or I will be forced to change it.

DeathBal thank you for sticking to your guns.

Loke all religions have their fanatics but not all religous people are fanatics. As to your point of not allowing religious sensitivities dictating the rules or rules of conduct this is not what is happening here. There has to be some censorship to keep this server open to all. This is an area I felt should be censored as of right now it seems it won’t be and so I will not let MY kids play here, MY decision concerning MY family I am not forcing anything on anyone else but MY kids.

Rom art is a matter of opinion I do not see how you can even consider comparing the painting you posted with the avatar in question. I have an 8 point buck mounted in my living room which I consider “art”. To some vegetarians and animal lovers they would consider it profane and nothing more that an animal carcass hanging on my wall. Not every sanpshot taken can be labeled “art”.

pastor of muppets
    Participant

Oh and nut almost forgot. The local pub is called the undercliff and I would love to meet you there to discuss this over a pint!

One last thing I saw that someone in these post mention the word hypocrite. For the record I am not a real pastor my name is nothing more than a play on words from the metallica song. Just in case some of you don’t know. Most of you who have played with me should have no doubt of that:)

pastor of muppets
    Participant

It seems this is not the first time this community has had this discussion http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1709&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15 It also seems that the admins then made no decision as the admins now! Please get together and make a decision on our rules!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 85 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.