This topic contains 12 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  mecha mario 10 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

JiNx
    Participant

can someone make this picture into an avatar for me please?

Willis
    Participant

It’s a little tricky… big picture, a lot to consider, cramming it down into a 32×32 area…

I focused only on the character in the image:

JiNx
    Participant

darn about the rescaling and it was the windows logo i realy wanted 😉

but thats a fine job youve done there txs your a star 😀

BIG TXS

NP-TheOutlaw
    Participant

question for Gavin or some other admin that may know??

Is it possible to increase the default pixels of avatars from 32×32 to something a tad bit better like 64×64.

It would make a lot of cool pics not lose their detail when converted to avatars.

would having 64×64 avatars make them bigger during gameplay? if so then I can see why they should remain 32×32.

see the difference below.

SHACK
    Participant

oh that would help out alot with alot of my ideas for avatars.

Brain Damage
    Participant

yes making them 64*64 would make them twice bigger in the game as well; allowing bigger sizes to rescale them in the game is not really smart expecially because scorch doesn’t have the high quality rescaling algorythms that are included in picture editing programs.

on further note; a bigger picture is also bigger in size as you can see in the post; the servers already have restirctions on image size; aloowing bigger image may not let some images to be used (the restrictions are needed to reduce the database load & upload time in the game)

HWB
    Participant

I was wondering why my avatar is not displayed in the stats. All I see is the black/white avatar.

Does anyone who know why.

Bobirov
    Participant

My main concern with making the avatars bigger would mean doubling the size of this area of the stats database. My database is already big enough without making that change. 😉

NP-TheOutlaw
    Participant

@hwb wrote:

I was wondering why my avatar is not displayed in the stats. All I see is the black/white avatar.

Does anyone who know why.

it has to do with the daily stat update (11:00PM for PST). I have noticed that if you decide to play a game right b4 the update, the database update will not quite catch your newly used avatar, so it’ll show up the next day if u continue to use the same one.

this wont occur when u use the same 1 all the time. or when u play a game hours b4 the daily update.

HWB
    Participant

@np-theoutlaw wrote:

it has to do with the daily stat update (11:00PM for PST). I have noticed that if you decide to play a game right b4 the update, the database update will not quite catch your newly used avatar, so it’ll show up the next day if u continue to use the same one.

this wont occur when u use the same 1 all the time. or when u play a game hours b4 the daily update.

Thank you NP. I thought I did something wrong. And yes I was playing and change my avatar 20 minutes before the update.

cbx550f
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

My main concern with making the avatars bigger would mean doubling the size of this area of the stats database. My database is already big enough without making that change. 😉

To make matters worse, doubling the resolution will actually result in an image that is 4 times larger (likely not quite that bad, as the compression works better with a larger image). 😉

BOY
    Participant

animated gif and larger avatars have been brought up in the past. due to the demands, as Bob was saying, Gavin doesn’t want it. I like keeping the avatars as they are, allows for all the emphasis to be on the tanks.

Brain Damage
    Participant

@boy wrote:

animated gif and larger avatars have been brought up in the past. due to the demands, as Bob was saying, Gavin doesn’t want it..

since when he said it?
    it’s even in the ToDo list

about the size of animated avatars, as i said there is a limit for it settable by the servers; you can already use animated avatars; they will just be showed as stuck pictures in the game & animated only in the stats pages

mecha mario
    Participant

huh if animated avs are in then this games gona get a whole lot weirder…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.