This topic contains 23 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  comedown 6 years ago.

• Author

comedown
    Participant

Flattery will get you nowhere. 🙄

pastor of muppets
    Participant

Thanks for answering comedown

God bless you

http://www.rebuildjoplin.org

Chopper
    Participant

I’m confused (nothing new)…. is PoM taking flak from scorchers for doing a right,good thing?

Wth does it matter if it comes from a religious feeling, a humantarian feeling or just its the right thing to do?

My God people, give him a break…….and hope(pray or whatever) that if your butts is ever in the same sling as the Joplin folks that you have a person like PoM show up to help…….instead of those dumbasses going from soldiers funerals to disasters saying its all Gods plan because he hates gays and everyone else. I would imagine there are some grateful people in Joplin.

I would expect as a scorch community you would appreciate and support PoM as he lends a hand and actually “DOES SOMETHING” about what happened close to home.

I’d like to hear from anyone else thats been inspired (by God, Allah, Buddah or whatever) to lend a hand to his fellow man.

btw I outfitted a local tree guy that went to Alabama tornando site…..didn’t crow……just did it. HIs time, some of my money, just tryin to help cause our govt is so f***** about getting $$ and help out the right way.They spend 500 giving away 100.
    …just glad a tornado didn’t hit the old Chop.

Anyone? ❓

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@chopper wrote:

I’d like to hear from anyone else thats been inspired (by God, Allah, Buddah or whatever) to lend a hand to his fellow man.

I’ve been inspired many times by great advertising to get my mate a pint purely because he got the last round in!

Now that’s divine!

comedown
    Participant

This had nothing to do with POM trying to help people. It was in response to him saying that he was going to gather an angry mob to harrass a group of protestors or something, because god told him to.

There’s nothing wrong with pointing out how stupid that is.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

So you established a thread to point out (in your opinion) stupidity with someone elses opinion..

Does that make this a stupid thread? 8)

(c’mon be a smart@zz and say “in your opinion”.)

Armor

Raden
    Participant

@comedown wrote:

This had nothing to do with POM trying to help people. It was in response to him saying that he was going to gather an angry mob to harrass a group of protestors or something, because god told him to.

There’s nothing wrong with pointing out how stupid that is.

huh?? was that what POM said? I read the series of posts POM made in that particular thread you are talking about…and all I understood was POM wanted to lead a mass of people in helping out rebuilding the place and helping out those that needed help AND @pastor of muppets wrote:

I will be there as part of the linen protest we will be holding white sheets up to block the tornado victims from the heartless judgmental people who feel it’s God’s will for them to laugh at their suffering rather than lend a hand.

If you think he wanted to lead @comedown wrote:

an angry mob to harrass a group of protestors or something

then read again a few posts later where he said @pastor of muppets wrote:

Thanks chop just got back from joplin we shovelef 40,000 lbs of ice and fed 950 volunteers and victims. Had 80 Butterball employees volunteer for this. Same group planned on going to the westboro demonstration tomorrow. I finally convinced them all that if they take our attention away from what is needed they win. All 80 folks plan on returning to joplin tomorrow not one of them will go to the demonstration we will be pulling trailers of 2000 lbs totes of ice and delivering to those in need so they don’t have to come to us.

What POM said or did was not stupid, it happens, that when one is directly involved in an incident of this magnitude, one will feel so much sadness and pain to see such destruction and suffering that one may say things that sound like ramblings to another.

Read and digest the contents of his posts, and try to empathize with those that suffered in this tragedy and maybe you will see what I understood from the posts POM made. I think you are trying to take the mickey out of POM by starting this thread, and that is very distasteful.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

@raden wrote:

I think you are trying to take the mickey out of POM by starting this thread, and that is very distasteful.

Ditto.

Armor

pastor of muppets
    Participant

Honestly I didn’t mind this thread at the time nor do I now. It drew attention to a situation that needed attention. The people of Joplin are recovering well. I hope you all watched my videos and hope some of you that could visited the rebuildjoplin.org website and donated. What an opportunity this horrible situation presented to my children. They learned to serve others, they learned to appreciate what they have they learned that in a blink of an eye life as we know it can change. I also learned many valuable lessons that will stick with me the rest of my life. The thread was meant to attack me however I believe it helped our cause way more than it made a fool of me. I believe what I believe never asked for buy in on my beliefs just put them out there asking for support. Thanks to everyone who kept us in your thoughts, or prayers.

comedown
    Participant

@armorwraith wrote:

So you established a thread to point out (in your opinion) stupidity with someone elses opinion..

Does that make this a stupid thread? 8)

(c’mon be a smart@zz and say “in your opinion”.)

Armor

Actually, smartass, you’re the one who told me to make this thread. With this exact title. 🙄

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.