This topic contains 30 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Deathstryker 12 years, 4 months ago.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #20048

    Deathstryker
    Participant

    @sleestak wrote:

    That’s exactly right. No one hates a child. Some people, though, get exhausted being a parent to their real children and then again when playing computer games.

    lol, he’s not a child. He’s in his 40’s.

    #20049

    sleestak
    Participant

    Yeah, I’ve been perplexed by the bickering and stupidity because I infer that most of the players are not teenagers. I’m most confused as to why he’s still permitted to post on the forum. It is exceptionally easy to lock down the forum and manually identify the legitimate new users who want to post in a grown-up manner. Nothing short of a lock-out makes a troll go away.

    #20050

    BOY
    Participant

    @sleestak wrote:

    Nothing short of a lock-out makes a troll go away.

    his rantings will stop very soon, I assure you.

    #20051

    hobbesme
    Participant

    @guy parker wrote:

    Hey, I don’t have a problem with AT, but that’s just because I remember back when he was more civil … so far he hasn’t personally attacked me or pissed me off in a game (yet), so I remain fairly neutral. Reading the forums here I am somewhat perplexed as to why AT got all confrontational and rude to some players, but … I don’t expect the real answer to be forthcoming anytime soon if ever.

    This is fairly close to how I feel as well. AT hasn’t personally provoked me, but I have seen the back-&-forths between AT & others in the game & forums.

    Since you opened this forum, AT, here are my sincere questions :

    1. For many months last year, you were very non-confrontational & an avid player & supporter of the game. What event or events happened that seemingly very quickly changed your behavior to be more confrontational, challenging, & in some cases deriding?
    2. If I understand correctly, there are many posts or hints of posts about supposed game security issues. Perhaps you & others have or have the potential to take advantage of them.

      Is it really that important? I myself have posted many times about this bug or that defect in the game, but I can still play & enjoy the game without trying to overthrow the empire.

      Can’t you as an intelligent, mature man just add your input on what needs to be corrected & leave it at that & still play & enjoy the game?

    3. Why all the drama? I have NO problem with wanting attention. I love attention; my wife hates that I love attention. Personally, I just like to be funny or if not funny, a wise ass.

      But why all the confrontational drama & attention?

    4. How old are you again? This slightly provocative question is to figure out why your behavior & game play last year seemed more in line with your supposed age of 42 than your behavior and rantings of this year.

      Then again, I understand your behavior could be changed or influenced due to any events or perceived events as asked in Question #1.

    #20052

    DireWolf
    Participant

    This has gone on way too long, I am not taking sides, what ever happened to the game?
    all of you just keep feeding the fire, “wait” its not hot enough throw some GASOLINE on it!!!!
    sorry but I am a bit pissed about this, I dont understand, I get 1 or 2 posts on a vid, which I can accept, and I know that many people watch them, yet posts like this seem to grow and grow, this hatred is too much for me,
    I have had enough, I am taking a break from this game, it is starting to rub off on me and I dont have time in my life for hatred, I have seen this all of my life, I dont need it in the games I play.
    The longer you tolerate this shit, the longer it will go on, by keeping posts like this open you are taking away from the game and the players who really give a shit about this game.
    so I am on vacation from Scorched for awhile, I will stop in from time to time to say high and see how things are doing, and I will also keep my site up.

    have fun!
    😡 😡 😡 😡 😡 😡 😡 😡 😡 😡 😡 😡 😡 😡 😡 😡 😡 😡 😡 😡 😡

    in fact, I do have 1 last comment,
    Apollo, FUCK OFF!!!!
    there, now you have to close this post!!!
    hatred breeds hatred

    the only reason he is doing this is because you didnt make him an admin!
    KILL this post and quit playing by his rules!!!
    TTFN

    #20053

    comedown
    Participant

    @direwolf wrote:

    I have had enough, I am taking a break from this game

    Damnit, not again. 🙁

    #20054

    BOY
    Participant

    ditto to comedown

    dire, i dunno what to say ……

    I would have been in favor of eliminating him from these forums some time ago. you can see above my efforts on this. my main goal though is to press on with the fun aspects of this game (see the polls)

    here is the heart of the problem right now, there are real security issues at hand..

    I got to go, but had to post this… more later

    I hope to see you in game sometime… and I will say again

    His rantings will stop soon, rest assured

    #20055

    Apollo Tangent
    Participant

    Thanks to everyone for your response.

    For those of you who don’t know about the animosity that exists between myself and admins / forum moderators;

    The point I am trying to make is that there should be a unilateral enforcement of guidelines to issues that arise that have an effect on players other than admins / moderators.

    If seen a few games fall apart once bosses and cops are appointed.

    I admire Boi’s use of a picture to exemplify my hatred towards the “clique mentality”, because he exposes it clearly, after relegating this original post to the Admin’s area of the forums.

    What surprises me, is that, other than a few comments, I have come through this post relatively unscathed.

    I guess that’s a form of flattery that I should acknowledge with a sincere {Thank You}.

    I guess there are people who have read the “post” thinking it’s bait so they have bitten their tongues. MY point is there should not be a minority of players who’s sole purpose is to (censor) opinions that many of us feel but are reluctant to voice, because of a (unsaid) ramification factor.

    Security issues that I have with the program / game in general have been presented to Gavin. (He knows the work that it will take to “fix” them.

    I’m sure that my PM box would be filled with questions from Him if there were any improvements that could be made that He might have overlooked in the source code vs. (bypass) issues.

    His silence on the matter (to me at least gives me confidence that the holes will be stitched shut).

    I tried to give advice to Admins and Moderators.

    The typical response was lashback, that’s an issue in itself. I can not delegate who has these “perks” per se:…

    But when I see a “status quo” set up that protects only them… I’ll voice it fervently.

    I have and I will continue to do so.

    KR,

    Apollo

    #20056

    sleestak
    Participant

    Oh, well, on “clique mentality” I agree with Apollo, but it’s not limited to admins (although I admit I don’t know who the admins are). Every day I see Top 10 players truce with each other, not always when they are next to each other, and wipe out all the novice players. Yesterday there was a particularly egregious truce against four or five players whose ranks were 200 to 900+, and the truced players had shields and were in first and second place for the round. In the past week I’ve seen a couple players who got wise and resigned because the round had already been decided and getting picked apart by truced pros wouldn’t be fun.

    That session was really interesting because I simply don’t see that many novices together at the same time anymore.

    The previous week there were a few arguments about people cheating, when it was really just novices getting trounced by pro truces.

    I don’t know that there is a solution, short of playing team matches, or implementing an assigned targets mod.

    #20057

    BOY
    Participant

    @sleestak wrote:

    That session was really interesting because I simply don’t see that many novices together at the same time anymore.

    The previous week there were a few arguments about people cheating, when it was really just novices getting trounced by pro truces.

    novices dont play in large numbers because it takes time to learn the game, this game requires much patience. You must wait alot, look and listen and read. Getting the hang of distance and power is not easy. many many noobs drop the game on the first few tries because they dont understand the basics and they are impatient.

    novices dont get killed by pro truces, they just get killed, because they dont know how to stay alive. and pro’s dont truce to kill noobs the way you make it sound, they just truce because they are tired of going after each other since probly only the two of them are a real threat. If I am wrong name the pros who like to target noobs

    #20058

    sleestak
    Participant

    I completely disagree because I see it happen virtually every day. I’m not naming names. They know who they are, and they’d just deny it. I’m not saying it’s a deliberate attempt to screw people, but there is a clique and it gets old quick for people playing on the outside.

    #20059

    comedown
    Participant

    I have to say, like Boy, I’ve never seen this kind of thing happening.

    The majority of the people who last long enough in this game to be classed as “pro” usually have (or pick up along the way) a good sense of sportsmanship, and those rare individuals who don’t will tend to have a hard time finding people who’ll truce alongside them, plus these few “bitter” pro’s usually already have more prominent targets who they want to take out, rather than attacking the new guys.

    I expect there must have been some kind of mis-understanding, or as Boy said, a rare occasion when the two players in question were just tired/fed up.

    As for small groups of newbies ganging up on whoever is in the lead though, I’ve seen my fair share of that at 7am in the mornings. 😯

    #20060

    Irishbandit
    Participant

    I loves trucing for any who want to truce let me know dont matter what rank pro, noob i dont care just let me know!!! 😀 There is a reason why i am the newbie king!!!!

    #20061

    sleestak
    Participant

    OK, fine, an example. Mandy and Wowbagger. First round they truce, located next to each other. OK, fine. They slaughter everyone. Second round, they are not located next to each other, but truce anyway. I resign. One asks me why I resigned. I said (paraphrasing), “The two best players truced against a bunch of novices. I’m not stupid and this is not fun.” They had __no__ response to that comment. They slaughtered everyone, but the rest of the rounds they truced with no one. That’s crystal clear in my opinion and very representative of what I’m used to seeing about once a day from various folks. Yes, they are good enough to not need to truce with anyone. Yes, it seems to fly in the face of reason, But, there you go. It happens..

    #20062

    comedown
    Participant

    @sleestak wrote:

    OK, fine, an example. Mandy and Wowbagger. First round they truce, located next to each other. OK, fine. They slaughter everyone. Second round, they are not located next to each other, but truce anyway. I resign. One asks me why I resigned. I said (paraphrasing), “The two best players truced against a bunch of novices. I’m not stupid and this is not fun.” They had __no__ response to that comment. They slaughtered everyone, but the rest of the rounds they truced with no one. That’s crystal clear in my opinion and very representative of what I’m used to seeing about once a day from various folks. Yes, they are good enough to not need to truce with anyone. Yes, it seems to fly in the face of reason, But, there you go. It happens..

    Well, to be honest I’ve only ever seen Mandy play about 3 rounds, haven’t seen her online very often, but from those three rounds I’ve seen I wouldn’t call her a pro.

    I haven’t seen enough of her to make a concrete judgement though, obviously, so I can’t say much about her.

    From what you say though, it seems that this truce only happened in one round, (ignoring the round where a truce was excusable) and after you made it clear you were unhappy, the trucing stopped.

    So, even if it did seem unfair at the time, you should be able to see that no-one intended to spoil anyone elses fun, or behave in an elitist way.

    Most scorchers are decent, fair people.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Apollo is BAD!’ is closed to new replies.