This topic contains 91 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  BOY 7 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Irishbandit
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

@Crispy Critter wrote:

I must say, v40 Apoc is one incredibly twisted game! 😯 😯 😯 *clink!* I just about laughed my (posterior) off when I first heard the screams when a shot hits a hospital! Way to go!

Glad you like it. 🙂

Hmm i am going to have to get my sound working. 😳

MajorDisaster
    Participant

What’s the reasoning behind the change in the M2, specifically the max power thing? That surprised me the first time I tried it out. i definitely prefer being able to have full control over it’s trajectory.

Does it stay at 1000 even if the tank is damaged?

Bobirov
    Participant

@majordisaster wrote:

What’s the reasoning behind the change in the M2, specifically the max power thing? That surprised me the first time I tried it out. i definitely prefer being able to have full control over it’s trajectory.

Does it stay at 1000 even if the tank is damaged?

Yes it stays at 1000 power, always, even if you are damaged. I did it this way because it made no sense to me to be able to adjust power on something like a machine gun. The cartridges always fire at a set velocity. I have no intentions of going back and making it adjustable.

.–.ShoCkwaVe.–.
    Participant

you DARE question the mAsteRs ReAsoNinG?

makes sense to me.. I like it the way it is 😀

MajorDisaster
    Participant

I dare, indeed! 🙂

Question: Can I have both a shield AND armor active? Looks like I can’t, but want to make sure that is the intended behavior.

Bobirov
    Participant

@majordisaster wrote:

Question: Can I have both a shield AND armor active? Looks like I can’t, but want to make sure that is the intended behavior.

Nope, you cannot. The reason is because armor IS a shield, just a small one that is so small you can’t see it. And, of course, you can’t have two shields active at one time.

jdog
    Participant

Going to have to disect the Apoc maps to tidy up my candyland map. As it is right now it is a mess with buildings over lapping in some spots. Any suggestions on how I can have nonruined builds and ruined buildings use the same mask but not over lap? I’m trying to make the mask area look like a small village spread over two areas with a *road* between the two area.

idea
    area1 area 2
    r
    | | o | |
    | | a | |
    d

Speaking of over lapping, I don’t know if anyone as told you, about a week ago I was playing Apoc on-line and twice I started inside a building, once in a church and another time inside of a store. (made the comment looked like I was robbing the store, lol.

Irishbandit
    Participant

@jdog wrote:

Speaking of over lapping, I don’t know if anyone as told you, about a week ago I was playing Apoc on-line and twice I started inside a building, once in a church and another time inside of a store. (made the comment looked like I was robbing the store, lol.

LOL you and willis, only he likes bars and sky scrapers. 😆

Bobirov
    Participant

@jdog wrote:

Going to have to disect the Apoc maps to tidy up my candyland map. As it is right now it is a mess with buildings over lapping in some spots. Any suggestions on how I can have nonruined builds and ruined buildings use the same mask but not over lap?

Just use two different placements. The only time I have problems with buildings overlapping is with buildings within the same placement. That was supposed to be fixed but it still happens as far as I can tell. Mincloseness still does not prevent buildings within the same placement from overlapping themselves. The new border tag appears to keep them from overlapping though I think if you set it up high enough. But that can lead to having fewer objects placed on the landscape than you wanted.

@jdog wrote:

idea
    area1 area 2
    r
    | | o | |
    | | a | |
    d

Should be doable. Just like I said, seperate your placements as much as possible (one placement tag per building type works best). That will reduce overlapping. If you try to use one tag with random objects, you’ll get a lot of overlap. If you set the border tag high to prevent it, you’ll wind up with sparse placements.

@jdog wrote:

Ya, I’ve seen this too. It doesn’t always happen though, most of the time the building is removed. I don’t really think its a problem myself. I think it is kinda funny to be hanging out in the bar. 🙂

jdog
    Participant

Thanks. This will help me finish my mod while I wait for 40.1

himog
    Participant

Is the camera position for camera 4 different in Apoc than official?

Bobirov
    Participant

@himog wrote:

It shouldn’t be, no?

himog
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

@himog wrote:

It shouldn’t be, no?

Well, I use the new sight position and camera 4 to aim lasers at visible opponents, and in the official build, I can put the tip of the sight right at the base of the enemy tank, and usuallly hit with one shot. In Apoc, doing the same thing causes the laser to shoot well above the enemy tank, and miss.

I looked at the shot from the side, and the laser still comes out right along the top edge of the new sight, so I assume that the camera is placed slightly higher in Apoc than official.

BOY
    Participant

make sure that this same thing happens with more than one tank model. I have no clue but it could be a bug with the model perhaps.??

Bobirov
    Participant

I’ve noticed I tend to shoot slightly above targets with the laser too if I aim right at them using the sight. I thought thats just the way it was. Boy might be correct about it being something to do with the tank you use. But that shouldn’t effect the new sight to my knowledge.

Not real sure what to do about this other than just learn to aim slightly lower? 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 93 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.