This topic contains 91 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  BOY 7 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

TORA
    Participant

Now is ok,i have deleted the old files.
    I have others problems : I can’t see the tank in motion; the fuel work like a teleport.I cant see the lightning strike too.I will try to ask to the other players if it is only a my problem.
    THX cya

Bobirov
    Participant

Well the fuel problem is a known v39 bug, but I’m not sure about lightning. Lightning strike/storm are now fired from a random spot in the sky though, as opposed to being fired from a projectile. I may change this again in the future though, I haven’t decided if it is final.

.–.ShoCkwaVe.–.
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

Well the fuel problem is a known v39 bug, but I’m not sure about lightning. Lightning strike/storm are now fired from a random spot in the sky though, as opposed to being fired from a projectile. I may change this again in the future though, I haven’t decided if it is final.

speaking of lightning strike randomly in the sky..

not the weapon but the skyflash… errum

how about we get more random flashes all over the sky
    in various distances & even way out pst the map & add some
    realiSm since we got it … may as well maker Real 😉

Bobirov
    Participant

Apocalypse 3.1 can be downloaded from the ApocHQ Files Section, or from the official Apoc HQ game servers.

Biggest change is the reworked building models which have been cleaned up and retextured by Shock. They should be looking better and running faster than ever now. There are also a few new weapons, a new building and some various other small changes. Semi-complete changelog is below.

Changes Since version 3.0:

New Accessories:

– Flamethrower from Shockmod reduced flame trail lengths though
      – Satellite Strike – projectile marks target, then satellite based lasers assault the area

Other Accessory Changes:

– New Projectile Model for Mega Mirv/S-Mirv by Shockwave
      – New missile launch sound that replaces default
      – Increased EMP effectiveness against shields slightly and reduced damage to tank
      – Turned Mega EMP into a missile weapon instead of grenade, renamed to EMP Missile.
      – Decreased cost of Riot Drill, Wall of Dirt and Ring of Dirt slightly
      – Adjusted sparking effect in Shockwave
      – Other updates to projectile models/texturing
      – Changed roller model to the newer roller model (finally)
      – Removed Disco Bunny

Landscapes:

– Changes to cities:
      – Retextured many of the existing building, again (thanks Shockwave)

– New buildings:

– bar1 – by Shockwave

.–.ShoCkwaVe.–.
    Participant

new building to add

skyscraper 3

bizzybody
    Participant

Are some of the buildings explosive? Sometimes I see players killed by a factory or a gas station.

Would be cool to have the various buildings explode in interesting and deadly ways, such as gast stations being huge napalm bombs. 😯

Bobirov
    Participant

@bizzybody wrote:

Are some of the buildings explosive? Sometimes I see players killed by a factory or a gas station.

Sorry I missed this post, but yes, some of the buildings like the Gas Stations, Factories and the new Nuclear Power Plant do explode and can destroy other players.

Also, just in case anyone has been wondering what kind of progress has been going on over at ApocHQ (news doesn’t make it out of the war room all that much.. :oops:), I have put up a current TODO/DONE list which you can have a look at if you’re interested. Another good place to watch the progress of the mod is the Apoc section of the Scorched CVS repository. I try to be fairly descriptive about the changes I make when I commit them. You can thumb through the commits and get a good feel for what has been going on. A good place to watch is the accessories file.

I’ve pretty much stopped developing the mod for Scorched 39.1, so unless something changes the next version of the mod will coincide with the release of version 40 of Scorched3D whenever that may be.

Bobirov
    Participant

Mmm, the Earth from the Moon.

cbx550f
    Participant

Very nice! 😀

.–.ShoCkwaVe.–.
    Participant

possibly new updates..things im workin on

office4

jdog
    Participant

@shockwave, nice!

@bobirov I’ve been wondering how come you don’t have any
    post apocalypse landscapes?

Bobirov
    Participant

@jdog wrote:

@bobirov I’ve been wondering how come you don’t have any
    post apocalypse landscapes?

Thats a good idea, I’ll make a note of that. 🙂

I’ve been trying to animate the port a bit to make the crane swing around looking like its loading/unloading cargo. So far I’ve failed as the animation seems to get screwed when I export it to ASCII. It plays fine in the ms3d format, but once I convert it it gets jumbled. I’ll work on it some more and see if I can figure it out.

.–.ShoCkwaVe.–.
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

I’ve been trying to animate the port a bit to make the crane swing around looking like its loading/unloading cargo. So far I’ve failed as the animation seems to get screwed when I export it to ASCII. It plays fine in the ms3d format, but once I convert it it gets jumbled. I’ll work on it some more and see if I can figure it out.

as far as I know scorched does’nt support ani in placement models yet
    only in boids but, I could be mistaken.

if I am then im wondering why i did’nt know this so I can animate an atat walker 😀 & would have animated the crane for yah 🙂

Bobirov
    Participant

@.-*-.ShoCkwaVe.-*-. wrote:

as far as I know scorched does’nt support ani in placement models yet
    only in boids but, I could be mistaken.

Actually I am pretty sure that targets support animation. I’ve tested it with the seagull boid for a target and it animates. It does seem to move VERY SLOWLY though, compared to what the animation speed should be. Might need to be looked at. I still need to figure out what I’m doing wrong with my crane animation though.

Objects however, are not animated. It would be nice if they could be though. 🙂

Bobirov
    Participant

Mmmm groundmaps.. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 93 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.