This topic contains 91 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  BOY 7 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Bobirov
    Participant

Latest maps and files for version 1.5 of the Apocalypse mod are up at ApocHQ. If ya wanna check it out, download the mod then head on over to the ApocHQ official server.

Enjoy,
    Rob

Major Changes since v1.4:
    New Weapons:
    – Digger Blast
    – Sandhog Blast
    – Shotgun (Buggy but interesting 🙂

New Maps:
    By Bobirov:
    – Pillars
    – Colloseum
    – Ruffles
    – Maze
    By Nexus6: See README-NEXUS for more info
    – Two Towers
    – Craters
    – Pyramids: altitude lowered
    – Pyramids 2
    – Desert Mesa
    – Terraces
    – Steppes
    – Canyon
    – City Blocks

Other Changes:
    – Pricing/bundlesize was changed pretty drastically, most weapons now come in groups of one now
    – Tracers, Riot Bombs and Dirt Clods are now standard issue weapons (free)
    – Usual miscellaneous weapon balance adjustments

*Apoc server buying guide now available here

Black-Rose
    Participant

Good!!!!!!
    Its the Mod day!! =D

Good job (Bobi and Nexus)!

Anonymous
    Participant

Hmmm, seems like there are a lot of bugs in the new version….. In the menu there are two quits, and the aiming is lagging a lot and the weapon prices are screwed up:S The godshield is cheaper that then ubershield :S

Bobirov
    Participant

@sesambolle wrote:

In the menu there are two quits, and the aiming is lagging a lot

I don’t think either of these two issues should have anything to do with my mod. I do not experience either of these problems. Anyone else having these issues?

@sesambolle wrote:

the weapon prices are screwed up:S The godshield is cheaper that then ubershield :S

You must be using the free market economy because god’s shield is 16k and uber shield is 8k. Also, yes pricing changed a bunch. Most smaller weapons come in groups of one to help people with less cash be able to buy something.

Bobirov
    Participant

There are some preview pics from the upcoming Apocalypse Mod v2.0 for Scorched version 38 in this post in the Apocalypse forum on my site. Including some pics of a few new projectile models produced by ShoCkwaVe which are superb. Check em out and let me know what you think.

Bobirov
    Participant

An cool winter’s morning in this quiet island city. No one is aware of the doom that is seconds away from raining death and destruction upon their peaceful world.

Without warning, a deadly rain of nuclear weaponry descends upon the city, shattering their peaceful existance and forever altering life as they know it in a mere instant.

In the wake of the disaster, all that is left are a few small islands and the deadly amounts of toxic radiation that will plague the area for decades to come.

Apocalypse 2 could very well have some cities to destroy thanks to a bit of my relentless badgering, alot of modelling on the part of ShoCwaVe and of course Gavin’s unceasing ability to raise the game’s level of excellence. 🙂

.–.ShoCkwaVe.–.
    Participant

well it seems as though we have made a great new look
    to apoc and “hopefully”** (hint Hint) ** on gavins server for some
    city maps “atleast 1 per game of 6 rounds” would be
    a great new look & added insintive to play
    with these added features on version 38 when released.

If gavin does decide to add the buildings pack
    I’m thinkin ..alot of people are going to have a blast playing scorched
    and I am very proud of having had the privalage in helping
    make this happen 😉

Bobirov
    Participant

Here’s another shot showing Shockwave’s latest creations. If you look carefully you can make out the log cabin, trailor park, church, office building and of course the sky scraper.

I think its looking great and we have a good enough building assortment. I am gonna try to make a few more city layout styles so its not always generated from the center of the map outward.

I did a little bit of observation and I noticed that the highest poly count you see on an official landscape with 24 players and trees enabled is around 70,000 or so. This city landscape is running right around 70,000 to 90,000 polys on average. So while the average poly count for the city is definately higher than your average landscape, it isn’t much higher than what you might see on a standard landscape with a lot of trees. So just keep in mind that the city maps might run a tad slower than an official landscape but I don’t think it will be too bad. Also, if you turn trees off, the buildings disappear as well, so you can turn them off if need be.

poolee
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

Here’s another shot showing Shockwave’s latest creations. If you look carefully you can make out the log cabin, trailor park, church, office building and of course the sky scraper.

I think its looking great and we have a good enough building assortment. I am gonna try to make a few more city layout styles so its not always generated from the center of the map outward.

I did a little bit of observation and I noticed that the highest poly count you see on an official landscape with 24 players and trees enabled is around 70,000 or so. This city landscape is running right around 70,000 to 90,000 polys on average. So while the average poly count for the city is definately higher than your average landscape, it isn’t much higher than what you might see on a standard landscape with a lot of trees. So just keep in mind that the city maps might run a tad slower than an official landscape but I don’t think it will be too bad. Also, if you turn trees off, the buildings disappear as well, so you can turn them off if need be.

Wow, looking great guys! Fantastic!

Question… what happens when the buildings are hit directly or nearby, with nukes and napalm and diggers? I see that trees look burnt… will that be the same with the buildings?

Keep it up the fab work… can’t wait, can’t wait, can’t wait!!!!!

Poolee

Bobirov
    Participant

@poolee wrote:

Wow, looking great guys! Fantastic!

Question… what happens when the buildings are hit directly or nearby, with nukes and napalm and diggers? I see that trees look burnt… will that be the same with the buildings?

It works exactly the same as it does with trees. If a deforming explosion hits an object, it disappears completely. If a non-deforming explosion hits one, nothing happens. If napalm hits an object, it switches to a burnt or destroyed looking version of the object (which ShoCkwaVe did an awesome job with btw). Its pretty fun to watch napalm in the urban and suburban areas destroy all the buildings heh, or even napalming the trailer park.. 😛

Bobirov
    Participant

So I was looking at a picture of a lightning bolt and I just had this idea on how to mimic the effect with some of the new weapon primitives in 38. Anyways to my amazement it actually came out pretty good after my first trial. I need to tweak it a little bit but I definately like the way it works. In the pic below you might see the little cloud that forms in the air and then a lightning bolt comes arcing downward toward a target.

Bobirov
    Participant

Just in case you somehow didn’t notice, Apocalypse 2.0 comes with version 38 of Scorched 3D. So if you want to try out the latest version of Apocalypse, go get the new version of Scorched.. 😉

Bobirov
    Participant

New version of Apocalypse that comes with version 39 of Scorched is is Apoc 3.0.

Changes Since version 2:

New Accessories:

– M2 Machinegun – Shoots five 50cal shells in rapid succession
      – Sounds by R@p7or (from the RaptorMod)
      – Weapon model by ShockWave (from the Shock Mod)
      – Projectile model & code by Bobirov

– Shotgun – Shoots 5 small pellets in a spread pattern, can only make short-ranged shots

– Thats right its back, and better than ever I think.. 🙂
      – Its still a bit odd, as the pellets are on a 1.5 second timer to keep it from being a range weapon.
      The timer also makes it predominantly a line of sight weapon as you can’t do slow, arced shots.

– Teleport – Same as official Scorched teleport, teleports you to a random spot on the landscape.
    – Lasers – Same as the official ones however, there is also a laser cannon which fires 3 laser shots.Other Accessory Changes:

– Shield pricing/power tweaked slightly
      – Lightning:
      – cloud effect altered slightly
      – Broke the two bolts in Lightning Strike up with a slight delay so you can tell its two bolts per strike even when they hit the same person. It looks cooler and is more effective.
      – Slightly reduced the damage done by the individual bolts in Lightning Strikes
      – Lightning strikes (and subsequent storm) now spawn from a random location instead of being launched by projectile

– Acid Rain/Hell Storm now a little more rain like
    – Meteor Shower now spawns from a random location in the air when fired
    – Earthquake now forms from a random location on the ground when fired
    – New, more controlled behaviour for Apocalypse, Dmsday Device and Strangelove
    – EMPs now do a little less physical damage but more damage to shields
    – Bottomless Pit is a little wider and deeper, fires on delays.
    – Removed Atlantis Bomb, Riot ChargeLandscapes:

– Starting locations on some landscapes for team games
      – USA starting locations are based on 2004 Presidential Election results by county
      – World map starting locations are based off of Cold War activity
      – The other team starting locations basically split the map in two with each team having one half the map
      – There are still plenty of maps which retain the old random team placement as well to mix it up

– Changes to cities:

– Skyscraper now uses direct placement and appears 100% of the time
      – Ambient sounds (started at least)
      – Cities added to even more maps
      – New stormy city layouts
      – Buildings now explode and generate debris and smoke when destroyed or napalmed
      – Factories now release gas when destroyed

– New buildings:

– office3 (doesn’t have a destroyed version yet though)
      – gasstation1 – note: explodes and causes damage when destroyed or napalmed, check it out.

– Retextured many of the existing buildings
    – Moon and desert texture layouts applied to more maps than just Pyramids/MoonOther:

– New custom GUI windows by Bobirov
      – Mod Updated For Compatibility With Scorched3D version 39

TORA
    Participant

I have this many times

Bobirov
    Participant

I take it this is when you are trying to play in version 39? If you have any files in .scorched3d/mods/apoc/ try deleting them.

^ Windows mod folder location if you’re logged in as Bobirov.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 93 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.