This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Bobirov 13 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Bobirov
    Participant

I decided to make a site dedicated to my modifications to this wonderful game. It is still in an unfinished form as I need to add the sections that showcase the maps as well the place to view information on all the new items. However, I feel the site is more than functional and shall serve well as a place to house the mod in the future.

The site comes with the latest release of the mod which includes 5 brand new maps thanks to Toby (Nexus) Haynes as well as a bunch of pricing/power tweaks and a few new weapons. Many thanks go out to Toby for letting me include his maps in my little mod.

I have also tweaked the Shark and Chooser AIs slightly in an effort to make them a little more fun. The changes aren’t insane or anything, I mearly gave them a few more options for firepower and some heavier shields/batteries.

Anyways, if you want to check out the site or download the latest release of the mod you can find it all at Apocalypse HQ. I hope to see you there :).

Rob

Deathstryker
    Participant

Interesting MOD. Quite nice to see that this game is so popular that it has its own MODs now. I have a couple of minow complaints though.

On the landscape select screen I can’t select the last three because the window cuts them off. I have to set my resolution higher just to select them then set it back down. Could you maybe have the last three run down the side instead of putting them at the bottom?

Also on your pyramid map sometimes you will start off at opposite ends of the corners making it impossible to hit one another (too far). I even put it at a 45 degree angle which should launch it as far as it will go and it was still kinda short. Is there any easy way to fix this? If not, don’t worry about it.

Anyway, besides those two problems I really enjoy it. Good work and I hope you continue to build upon it.

Crispy Critter
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

I decided to make a site dedicated to my modifications to this wonderful game. It is still in an unfinished form as I need to add the sections that showcase the maps as well the place to view information on all the new items. However, I feel the site is more than functional and shall serve well as a place to house the mod in the future.

I’ve picked up the mods… the new maps are way cool! By the way, I tried to register on your message forum, but I hadn’t correctly enabled the email address on my server.

Also, I found that the tankais.xml file won’t work on my system. Is it 37.2-specific? I’m still on 37.1, and had to revert to the old tankais.xml to keep the game from crashing.

Bobirov
    Participant

@deathstryker wrote:

On the landscape select screen I can’t select the last three because the window cuts them off. I have to set my resolution higher just to select them then set it back down. Could you maybe have the last three run down the side instead of putting them at the bottom?

Hehe, I’ve been using the 37.2 test version for a little while now which adds scrollbars to the landscapes selection screen hehe. How quickly I forget about such things, lol. All I can say is either download the test version near the end of this topic or wait untill 37.2 becomes an official release 🙂

@deathstryker wrote:

Also on your pyramid map sometimes you will start off at opposite ends of the corners making it impossible to hit one another (too far). I even put it at a 45 degree angle which should launch it as far as it will go and it was still kinda short. Is there any easy way to fix this? If not, don’t worry about it.

Well, on my server I ALWAYS run wrap around walls so that this is never a problem. Using wrap around, there is practically never a spot you cannot hit somehow.

@Crispy Critter wrote:

I tried to register on your message forum, but I hadn’t correctly enabled the email address on my server.

I need to check out the board a little more hehe. It is phpBB, the same as this board. I just installed it as an after thought tho and have not given it a serious look over as to how it works. If you need me to, maybe I can delete your account and you can try to set it up again.

@Crispy Critter wrote:

I found that the tankais.xml file won’t work on my system. Is it 37.2-specific? I’m still on 37.1, and had to revert to the old tankais.xml to keep the game from crashing.

Hmm, what kind of crashes are you getting? I think it should work fine with 37.1. One thing I have found however is if you have tankais installed but not the accessories, the game will crash at startup when it processes the AI and cannot find some of the weapons that the AI needs.

Hope this helps to clarify things a bit. Lemme know if ya need anything else and I’ll do my best.

Rob

Bobirov
    Participant

Ok well, I just got around to installing the latest test release and I noticed that the old tankais file I posted will definately not work with it. There is a new tag in tankais for that holds the description that pops up when you run your mouse over the AI type in single player. I’ve attached an updated tankais.xml that will work with this latest test release. I will also post this in the files section on ApocHQ as well.

Rob

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Nice 1, let me know about any links you want from this site and where to put them.

Bobirov
    Participant

Hmm, that is a good question, Gavin. How about a Scorched 3D related link section on your links page? Anywhere in links would be fine though really if you don’t mind. I really appreciate it :D.

Rob

Bobirov
    Participant

I’ve have added some basic information sections at Apocalypse HQ. The sections contain some pictures and information for the maps, weapons and items in the mod. The item info is crude at the moment, but if I can find the time I will try to make it more in depth.

So, for those of you who haven’t checked out the mod and at least gotten the maps to play on the Apocalypse HQ server, you can at least see pics of the maps to see what you are missing ;). Hope to see you all there.

Rob

Bobirov
    Participant

For all you stat hungry Scorched players, ApocHQ now has stats for the ApocHQ server. Just one more reason to come check out all the action in the Apocalypse mod 😉

Many thanks go out to Gavin for all his help with getting setup to log stats.

Rob

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.