This topic contains 15 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_gcamp 12 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

cbx550f
    Participant

A couple things I came across trying to run Apoc on the cvs version (updated today, minutes ago):
    At line 836:
    true

The tags were missing on both lines

Same thing at line 786.

Now I’m getting a bitmap missing error:
    “/opt/scorchedDev/data/landscapes/masks/start-halt-angle1.bmp” does not exist

(Haven’t looked into this… better get back to the housework. 😉

M. O.
    Participant

same thing but I fixed it. but now missing the “start-halt-angle1.bmp” and there is no folder “scorchedDev/data/landscapes/masks/”

cbx550f
    Participant

@m. O. wrote:

same thing but I fixed it. but now missing the “start-halt-angle1.bmp” and there is no folder “scorchedDev/data/landscapes/masks/”

“/opt/scorchedDev” is just the directory I install the cvs to – that keeps it WAY out of the way of the current version. (I get too confused otherwise. lol)

M. O.
    Participant

I understood that I guess I mean’t to say
    “data/landscapes/masks/” folder.

Either way there is no .bmp called start-halt-angle1.bmp

Bobirov
    Participant

Oops. I discovered that I had somehow left the team masks I made a while back out of the cvs build of apoc. Discovered it late last night and I quickly ran through and added them. I didn’t test them after I added em so I guess I made a typo and didn’t notice, sorry about that. I’ll fix it when I get in tonight. 😳

Bobirov
    Participant

Fixed the problem with the missing ends of the tags. But I don’t see any references to “start-halt-angle1.bmp”. The file is actually “start-half-angle1.bmp” and it does exist. It could just be a case of the repository not having completely replicated when you did your update. Try again and let me know if you still have problems.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

I’ve also just fixed some problems with the placements tags not being correct. And I’ve added code so it now throws an error.

Everything else that I’ve looked at seems to work fine.

M. O.
    Participant

just updated the cvs and reinstalled.

cbx550f
    Participant

ditto 😉

M. O.
    Participant

There is just no deniying a good ole screenshot of the error. 😛

cbx550f
    Participant

@m. O. wrote:

There is just no deniying a good ole screenshot of the error. 😛

Yup. lol

Works great now guys, thanks!

M. O.
    Participant

Still getting the same error. Just redownloaded via cvs and compiled. only get the error when trying to use the apoc mod though. 😥

cbx550f
    Participant

I did another:

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/scorched3d co scorched

this morning and it’s working fine for me…

Maybe delete the files you’ve edited to get them out of the road and try again?

M. O.
    Participant

I copied the masks folder from cvs to the installed dir and it’s working now. for some reason it was not copying the required .bmp’s to there. working fine now.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Ah the makefile is probably out date then. You can run the scripts/createAMMakefile.pl to fix this.

Or just create simlinks from the installed area back the CVS directories so you never have to install.

e.g.
    ln -s /opt/scorched/data /usr/local/games/scorched3d/data

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.