This topic contains 23 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Irishbandit 9 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

alenofx
    Participant

No, it’s not genocide…
    it’s a shareware game, maybe created by only one programmer, and with better graphics…
    I don’t remember if it runs on DOS or windows… 🙄

Deathstryker
    Participant

@deathstryker wrote:

@irishbandit wrote:

You could play it in a windowed environment i could never get it to play on anything after windows 98se with a pentium 200mhz. I still am thinking of trying a virtual pc.

What a coincidence, I just got through downloading Virtual PC… I plan on installing FreeDOS on it soon and trying out all my old DOS games. If you want, I can let you know how it goes.

So far I’ve installed Win98 on it. It’s fun to play with for sure but don’t even think about playing 3D games unless you have a really high processor to back it up. The emulated vid card that it has doesn’t take advantage of any Video Card features. So it really doesn’t matter whether you have an integrated card or a GeForce 5500 like I have… Performance will be the same as if you had an integrated card all along. Another bummer is that you can only allow 16MB of vid memory.

As for DOS games, I haven’t really played around with it that much. I’ve tried the DOS that Win98 runs on so far but I’ve been unable to run Warcraft 2 on it so far. I’ll test out more later.

Irishbandit
    Participant

You might want to try virtualbox. I have 128 megs of ram on my video card it will let me use up to all 128 megs(i have not tested this but the setting is there). I stick with 32 megs. Any way keep me posted. You might want to try regular DOS not just a dos session on windows 98. I remember the good old days… 😉

alenofx
    Participant

With DOSBox you don’t need anything else: http://dosbox.sourceforge.net

Deathstryker
    Participant

I have DOSbox….. It has great compatibility but it also requires some computing power as well.

Ben Urban
    Participant

The game you’re talking about is Blast Doors. I remember some fun times playing that game. I even tried to clone it for the Mac, for a high school programming class. I think the main reason I never finished it was that the only GUI toolkit I knew (other than Java AWT) was GLUT, and it is far too limiting for a game.

For the record, I am just as surprised as you that their website is still up.

Also for the record, Blast Doors used Direct3D.

alenofx
    Participant

Great!!! Yes, it’s Blast Doors!!!
    Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

Deathstryker
    Participant

I’ve added this game to links section in the docs for future reference.

theharm
    Participant

does anyone happen to have genocide?

that game was awesome, someone should make an updated version of that with some better graphics…

although for the time the graphics were awesome

Irishbandit
    Participant

@theharm wrote:

does anyone happen to have genocide?

that game was awesome, someone should make an updated version of that with some better graphics…

although for the time the graphics were awesome

I think scorched3d has better graphics 😉

And yes at its time it was an awesome game
    try this link to download
    http://www.megagames.com/news/show.cgi?&idtype=freegames&database=249&section=downloads&

🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.