This topic contains 72 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  xtc 9 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Irishbandit
    Participant

I don’t have a cam but I can try to come up with something…. Even if I have to recompile xvidcap. I still want to play. 🙂 🙂

I got page 5 again!!!

TraT
    Participant

I’ll sign up. I don’t have a camera, so I’ll have to look around for a video capture program for a Macintosh. I’m not sure if it would slow down my system too much though. If not, a regular screen capture would work I think. At the very least, we should post a screen capture of the results for each game, so that there is no doubt who won.

One other thing, a password should be set-up for the competitors to prevent anyone else from joining in the middle of a game.

Rommel
    Participant

No problem champ. I understand. I don’t have a web cam either.
    @Mcb Lover wrote:

Hi Rommel…i told all and anymore not going disscustion it in future FYI…
    And anyway i havnt webcam and wont buying…Any questions and purposes?

I hope that Saint Nikolai or Ded Moroz or whoever gives gifts, will give you one soon. It would be great to look over your sholder while you shoot and listen to you cuss in Russian when you are killed. 😛

Rommel

Mcb Lover
    Participant

no comments…

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Fraps is pretty demanding taking my framerate from 30 down to 18-20 (I have turned off gl shadows and shaders for smooth play) and cpu goes from 60% to 100% on a dual core 3.5ghz pentium D.

If whoever I as to get drawn against could be patient and wait until I’ve had a bad game, it would be greatly appreciated as I tend to have good game, bad game, good game 😀

Rommel
    Participant

Hi PeanutsRevenge:

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

Vitos. Yes, thats it, you have me convinced that you dont cheat because you said so. Stupid me for thinking that a cheat might be a liar, especially one that bangs on about his ‘skills’ SOOO often. (your worse than laptop but he doesnt even believe his own hype as much as you).

I would have thougth that someone who blows his own trumpet so much would like to ‘prove’ at the highest level that it is all skill and practice that achives the kills, whether that meant borrowing a camcorder, using recording software or buying a web cam (they are SOOO cheap these days) would be within his ability, but hey, you said you dont cheat, so who are we to think otherwise.

Does this mean no web cam action fron the the party too? I was looking forward to the videos of you guys sking behind Vitos yacht while he steers the boat through mine fields while smoking a joint and chugging vodka all the while being persued by a Russian submarine that is constantly firing torpedos and missles.

Rommel

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

yes

Mcb Lover
    Participant

No Rommel…i go on Russian T-34 and kick your fashist’s butt.

Rommel
    Participant

Vitos you might want to review the footage of America’s invasion of Iraq before you make your choice of tanks.@Mcb Lover wrote:

Russians are very good at making vodka, but their tanks SUCK. BIG TIME! Buy American.

Rommel

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@rommel wrote:

Vitos you might want to review the footage of America’s invasion of Iraq before you make your choice of tanks.@Mcb Lover wrote:

Russians are very good at making vodka, but their tanks SUCK. BIG TIME! Buy American.

Rommel

Maybe use Russian spies, or Planes, the MIG might be a lil long in the tooth now, but i’m sure it still gets the adrenaline pumping for pilots of even the most upto date and deadliest planes.

Such a shame, Russia used to be such a great country, I would still love to visit there to sample the architecture that still exist (why the idiot leaders destroyed so much of it is still over my head).

/me points @ Rommel, it was him, he took it off-topic, I’m just following the leader 🙂

BTW db, I didn’t mean for recording to be required, simply that it would make for a great tourney film if a mojority of players had lot of footage and that it could prove beyond reasonable doubt that each player did/doesnt cheat if they continue to play as everyone knows they can.
    Would be entirely volentary with (at least personally) no assumptions made about those that did not participate, least, no more than I already make.

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

@rommel wrote:

Russians are very good at making vodka, but their tanks SUCK. BIG TIME!l

: ) Rommel. Tank comparisons in Scorched. How inappropriate.

If I wanted to live, I’d be driving a T-84. If I wanted to resign, I’d be in an M1 Abrams. If I wanted to pop your bubble… I don’t want to pop your bubble. But if I did, I’d be in a Challenger 2.

Got to watch those Russians, with their foreign ways ; )

Point regarding videos. Anyone on dial up is gonna struggle in a big way with upload bandwidth.

xtc
    Participant

@rommel wrote:

Vitos you might want to review the footage of America’s invasion of Iraq before you make your choice of tanks.

Great job against things developed, kinda, half-century ago.

I wonder, 15-years old bully offending 10-years old kids, does he believe he is sooo tough because of it?

If you only tried to learn and consider what are modern russian tanks, their technical characteristics, equipment and the spectre of battle tasks they carry out, you would never say such – to put it mildly – unfounded statements.

Deathbal
    Participant

Um…weren’t the Iraqi’s using WWII russian tanks against modern USA tanks?

xtc
    Participant

@deathbal wrote:

Um…weren’t the Iraqi’s using WWII russian tanks against modern USA tanks?

Most of Iraqi’s tanks – T54/T55 – developed in 50s… then (less in number) T62 (60s). And modifications of those, Chinese, Romanian versions.
    And much less in number – T72 (only 30+ years old during that war, heh) – at least 80% of which were manufactured in Poland, not in Russia, what actually means they even had lower technological level of equipment and didn’t have many features peculiar for T72 for “inner use”.

Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.