This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  hobbesme 13 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

hoopy frood
    Participant

Just another idea. Again hope it hasent been covered. I only have so much time to look thru posts..forgive.

I believe real time of day lighting would be great. As the round progresses from morning to noon to night Etc.

Moon phase to?
    Total darkness even on the plan view would be cool and require a flare to illuminate other tank positions. Military style parachute flare?

Ideas to make the game a little harder and challenging.
    Not that it isnt great already!

Talven81
    Participant

Hmm I think this is a good idea too. However there should be an option for always day, or always night. If you’ve ever played Sim City 4000 you will understand why. Constant changing in lighting can seriously effect the performance on older machines.

Ebonite
    Participant

i think gavin has posted somewhere, maybe in TODO that he will add different lighting, though it doesn’t indicate if light will change over the course of a game

hobbesme
    Participant

@hoopy frood wrote:

I believe real time of day lighting would be great. As the round progresses from morning to noon to night Etc. Moon phase to? Total darkness even on the plan view would be cool and require a flare to illuminate other tank positions. Military style parachute flare?

I love this idea. Different mapboards already have different lighting settings — some have clear skies with direct sunlight; some are more overcast; some are twilight; etc.

But a dynamic environment that changes as each turn round proceeds would be pretty cool.

The only problem with darkness (total or partial) is that HUD displays pretty much point out where each tank is. Even with darkness, HUD displays would still give away exactly where each tank is.

The ONLY thing that might matter is that in total darkness you might know where each tank is, but NOT know what type of terrain it is on anymore. I.e. it could be on a peak, in a valley, in a hole, etc. So, you might know where to shoot, but not what type of weapon to shoot (missile versus roller versus digger, etc.).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.