This topic contains 14 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Irishbandit 8 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Please be aware the language on this video is very ‘colourful’.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdPDorh73vI

Should be most amusing to Linux users, but everyone should find it highly amusing.

The best thing is, he does raise a few very good points!

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

ha ha. nice find. i do seem to use the term whatever the **** quite a lot, its true.

that guy sounds angry. probably isnt smoking enough

tumbleweed
    Participant

@laptops Daddy wrote:

ha ha. nice find. i do seem to use the term whatever the **** quite a lot, its true.

that guy sounds angry. probably isnt smoking enough

Wow Laptop, i didn’t know you used so many 4 letter words 😯

That has got to be the most insane review of anything I have ever seen!

He should try Mepis…

pastor of muppets
    Participant

LOL to quote the fella that’s F’ing Lame

fab4
    Participant

Now wonder Linux 7 isn’t working properly – it has RESPITORY problems! I wonder what it’s smoking…

Proof that you shouldn’t do software review’s drunk 😀

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@fab4 wrote:

Now wonder Linux 7 isn’t working properly – it has RESPITORY problems! I wonder what it’s smoking…

Proof that you shouldn’t do software review’s drunk 😀

Nope, that’s just how he is.

Watch quite a few more of his ‘reviews’ and they’re all pretty much the same.

I THINK that it’s an act, because SURELY noone is THIS stupid:

http://www.youtube.com/user/lowlux1#p/u/13/gKvAGjcils4

Guesses in a post as to WHAT his problem was (never mind swapping hard drives physically to change OS instead of through bios or GRUB).

tumbleweed
    Participant

Guesses in a post as to WHAT his problem was (never mind swapping hard drives physically to change OS instead of through bios or GRUB).

Cranial-rectal inversion?

I think he needs an abacus…

OH, wait! The Linux install failed on that too…

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

…SURELY noone is THIS stupid:

americans.

who tf uses CD’s? wonder if he checked the hash. tell you whats more ‘king annoying – trying to download a 4GB+ ISO in windows. (even in FF etc)

i hate having to write a DVD for OS installs (whotf wants optical discs in this era), but ive never had any probs writing in linux. not that id touch ubuntu.

something i need to experiment with if i ever get round to, is writing an OS ISO to a usb stick so its bootable. not sure how to go about converting the boot sectors. someone should prob start a little project ‘ISO to flash converter’. doubt it would take much.

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

Guesses in a post as to WHAT his problem was

i hate when people talk about ‘burning’ dvds. maybe might not have had burn enabled? otherwise write speed?
    so, guesses: american, hash, burn, speed. in that order.

ps: im just kidding. united statesers are a highly educated people. envy of the world. (present company excepted)

Irishbandit
    Participant

@laptops Daddy wrote:

something i need to experiment with if i ever get round to, is writing an OS ISO to a usb stick so its bootable. not sure how to go about converting the boot sectors. someone should prob start a little project ‘ISO to flash converter’. doubt it would take much.

Done already at:
    http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/

There are other ways, including ways to make bootable windows dvds and cds. Yes you can use the cli. 😆 😆

tumbleweed
    Participant

If he is not smart enough to burn a cd/dvd iso in windows or Linux, then unetbootin is over his head too.

However, for those who are it is a “killer app” and if the target computer is bootable from a usb stick you can easily install an operating system very quickly as the read rate is much higher!

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

thanks irish. i’ll try that next time i do a fresh install. prob won’t help with windows, though. perhaps if there were some kind of similar app that could mount a straight iso from whatever location and present it to the system as a bootable dvd. ‘bootable usb/iso wrapper’? got a link for me on that one? : )

: ) its nice to see im not alone with the need. i really wish theyd introduce a proper solid state film/game distribution medium.

blu ray is the minidisc of the 00’s. am i right? obsolete before it went mainstream. dyou know theyd been developing that crap for about 10 years? (blu ray)

ps:
    lets have a little less mockery of the american laptop. i think hes kind of cool.

yusuf
    Participant

!!

I downloaded these videos by them American laptop and i use it as my background music in scorched 👿

yusuf
    Participant

Oh wait.. well as its said,

” just in case someone thought wikipedia was not accurate, they will direct them to uncylopedia “

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Bill_gates

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@irishbandit wrote:

@laptops Daddy wrote:

Done already at:
    http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/

There are other ways, including ways to make bootable windows dvds and cds. Yes you can use the cli. 😆 😆

That’s what I use for my *nix installs.

It does work for windows ISOs however I’ve only found it to be <70% reliable with them.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Oh and my thought on why he’s having trouble with burn the disk.

I reckon, he’s burning the disk just fine, but he’s burn the .iso FILE firectly to the disc rather than burning the contents of the .iso to disc.

Or the download was corrupted and a hash check would have shown this.

Whatever the cause, after 2-3 burns (depending on whether the burn was successful for failed prior to completion) you’d surely try to diagnose the prob.

Breaking the discs then blaming Ubuntu for covering you in disc shards is not classed as diagnosis btw 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.