This topic contains 35 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  S-killZ 9 years, 12 months ago.

• Author

Guardian Angel
    Participant

@cbx550f wrote:

Quote:
    A way to limit the effect wind has on tanks. (I think they get blow away too much).

I tend to agree – might be a big thing to change though. I haven’t looked at the new physics engine and how it works to know yet.

I can’t agree. This thing MUST NOT be changed.

It would make game more flat, predictable. What we enjoy in this game are unexpected turns of situation, so why should one of the possibilites to such turns be abolished?

Imagine a tank on the wall or on the brick – easy tagret for many. If it falls blown to some distance, that requires re-aiming of those trying to kill, giving chances to fight back, to survive, to win. Not really a compensation – but a chance, a small chance for the one who had bad luck to start at such spot.

Only such settings of wind affection as we have – sometimes, not always – give this chance.

If the tank falls to the same place, you just need to repeat the same shot with rollers/napalm.

Good thing for noobs. Who doubts? But if this game is being changed facing noobs’ dreams… Lets make it requiring no skills at all. Lets add a weapon, 100% killing all enemies without aiming. Will it make game more interesting?

Another thing is when tank falls very close to other tank. It is exciting!
    What will follow?
    All players have various relations, based on general attitude, and the current game situation. How it will turn if two persons have to be in proximity? So many possible variants.
    Interesting, interesting, interesting…

If anybody doesn’t like what happens to falling tanks? Then aim preciosly, to kill at once. Dead will not fall. They rise, to heaven.

I repeat – this should not be reduced, not even for a bit, it is good as it is.
    Please do not deprive the game of part of its suddenness.

ORCACommander
    Participant

I hate bumping but here is my idea. The water has shaders and is animated and are controlled by the same option since my gfx card is antiquated (tnt riva 2 model 64 pro lol) and doesn’t support shaders I frequently get black spots all over the water. The only way to get rid of these is to click “draw simplistic water” I don’t like doing this because it disables the animations. How about an Option disabling shaders globally and a separate option for animated water. It would allow for for more functionality and better water effects to suit the individual.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

There is already a noglshaders setting, that would do what you want.

ORCACommander
    Participant

shaders aren’t a necesarily gl related as I play a game that can have shaders but it uses d3d. That still doesn’t solve the issue either since you have to disable a lot of things that you can normally run to get rid of that 1 one that is messing up or won’t run (I have open gl 1.3.1)

Deathbal
    Participant

I think it’s good to have the wind effect falling tanks. For example. If a tank is on the side of a wall, and you shoot a digger directly at him and the wind is also in that direction, the tank will only fall a little ways. If the wind is in the opposite direction, the tank will fall all the way down. This makes a big difference. It also is something to think about with positioning or where you decide to move to.

ORCACommander
    Participant

or you could make parachutes by default like the drifting parachutes in merge. I don’t know if wind plays a factor in them though

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@orcacommander wrote:

shaders aren’t a necesarily gl related as I play a game that can have shaders but it uses d3d. That still doesn’t solve the issue either since you have to disable a lot of things that you can normally run to get rid of that 1 one that is messing up or won’t run (I have open gl 1.3.1)

That is true, except this game is gl only, so it disables all shaders.

There is a seperate option for animation in the recent CVS btw.
    There are now options for water : waves, animation, and LOD.

ORCACommander
    Participant

what is this cvs? some sort of mini update to 40.1d? I currently have options for waves, animation is part of the shaders option aka draw simplistic water don’t know about lod

Thrax
    Participant

@orcacommander wrote:

what is this cvs? some sort of mini update to
    40.1d? I currently have options for waves, animation is part of the shaders
    option aka draw simplistic water don’t know about lod

CVS is the Developers area. An off-site hosting service for open-source
    programmers to store thier source-code and have other team-mates
    help contribute.

Using a ‘check-out’ from the CVS repository, Developers can compile
    the work in progress to test it for bugs and improvents.

While the average player could theoretically do the same, it’s not
    really recomended for all… since it involves learning the basics
    of programming and compiling.

It may be tempting, i would still suggest that players wait a short
    time longer instead of trying to make thier own build yet.. Gavin
    and the other Dev’s are working hard to perfect it.
    If a beta were released for public evaluation, all the existing contents on
    that players game may be invalid and cause problems.

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

my name’s on the list. i love it when im useful

can i get some clarification on what’s gonna happen? (or is there maybe a more technical list of changes somewhere?)

e.g. are you using a new opengl version – and if you are, does that mean the power of 2 texture thing’s no longer an issue?

specific gravity? like, mass relative to water? does that mean bouncing bombs? and, ice that you can walk on? or floating shields. (that would be really cool).

also, lod? (aren’t these all HUGE changes?) does that mean low polygon versions of tanks generated by the game? or are there gonna be pre-made alternate versions in the tank folder?

it’s all very interesting. i’m looking forward to seeing it.

@Guardian Angel wrote:

I can’t agree. This thing MUST NOT be changed.

I didn’t really mean the tanks blown away by wind thing was a bad idea. just seems a little bit unrealistic sometimes. might be cool to have an option to limit it. all this specific gravity business. could you have tanks that float and get blown along in the water?

jacktim
    Participant

I would still like to see Player Betting and inter-player shop pushed, regardless of the whole “treaty” thing.

Also how about a gag mod that includes ridiculous weapons such as pants, a chair, and stupidity?

And finally, a way to turn off those tutorial server messages pls.

FREAK
    Participant

No discussion on my weapon pack idea?

Is it really that dumb of an idea?

Thrax
    Participant

@~FREAK~ wrote:

No discussion on my weapon pack idea?
    Is it really that dumb of an idea?

We did discuss it. several places.

Weapon packs are up to the modders.
    To make bundles of seperate weapons buyable at once, it would exist
    as a weapon that you bought, and when fired, would grant you several
    other weapons like prizes.

You would likely never see them on the main mod, and other mods sell
    items in smaller packs for easier budgeting. so making them into
    bundle-packs isn’t as usefull unless it’s some form of econo-pack.
    5 for the price of 3 etc.

FREAK
    Participant

Ahh I see what you are saying Thrax.

So weapons like Last Chance is what your are referring to…

Hmm…

Ok thanks Alot!

I’ll keep that in mind!

Well the feature that I am asking for doesn’t necessarily have to be a way for players to make custom weapon packs but a tag that can allow modders to make them.

Example.
    Dig n’ Roll Pack

Then Description, Price, Arms Level, and blah blah blah

weaponbundle
    Baby Digger
    Digger
    Baby Roller
    Roller
    Heavy Roller

Hope that helps you to understand my request!

Thanx!

A Moogle
    Participant

How about a way to randomize numbers in the accessories.xml file, so that I can randomize which direction the weaponredirect will take, without having to code every possibility by hand? Maybe by using a special character, such as ‘x’ or a question mark, perhaps allowing a range.

Ex:

?0_359?

edit: CRAP! I put this in the wrong place.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.