This topic contains 35 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  S-killZ 10 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Please use this forum to put in any ideas for new features, or to discuss bugs with the current version.

Before doing so please check that they have not already been fixed in the current development version, see here :
    http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/phpBB2/todo.php
    And are not mentioned in the FAQ, see here :
    http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=3

Requested Features and Fixes List.
    (CURRENTLY BEING RECONSTRUCTED)

If you feel a good idea is missing from this list, please notify a moderator.

=== BUGS ===
    — Wall collision rendering / wall depth bug – Laptops Daddy. – Fixed for v41
    — server log area click&drag-off crash bug (Win98 & XP) – Thrax
    — Teleport dud? (Windows Vista) BigFX
    — Buy screen disapears (add buy screen hide option) – various – In v41 pressing
    SHIFT-Z hides all windows

=== SETTINGS & OPTIONS ===
    — custom game options weapons selection list
    — additional wall type selection options for server – Bobirov Done, 06/01/2007 – cbx
    — Revamp skill ratings / index skill- Boy
    — Revamp/eliminate assists – hobbesme/Boy
    — additional options for free market (no limits, exlude, etc) – Boy / Bobirov, Thrax
    — award a bonus for killing a player using a shield
    — Hall of fame stats – NPtheOutlaw
    — Map specific gravity and other options & objectives – Bobirov

=== WEAPONS and SHIELDS ===
    — make laser proof more workable – Thrax, Bobirov
    — additional defense activation (dirt, powerups…) – Boy, Bobirov
    — special under water weapons or water properties.
    — contact trigger option for water -Boy/Bobirov
    attribute – Bobirov
    attribute – Boy – Done – thrustamount and thrustime tags added
    — add laser and projectile glow effect like shields – Shockwave
    — add new primitive for projectile flame and smoke. – Bobirov
    — Randomly selected shields

=== ENVIRONMENT & GRAPHICS===
    — boids that shoot stuff! – Shockwave
    — no dissapearing land over explosions – Willis
    — Tidal waves – sleestak
    — lightning damage in water -Panther30
    — Custom gui preferences – Ryom
    — improve power bar gui – HWB

=== NEW / FUN GAME FEATURES ===
    — Team ids.xml – Boy
    — Enhance bot abilities (inventory, shooting, moving..) – various
    — Aim with ‘A’ outside borders – naka
    — script funtion for random numbers – Bobirov / jdog
    — introduce more tank technologies & attributes options (ie faster/slower/stronger) – Boy
    — wagering / truces through game interface – sleestak
    — cloaking device for tank and/or terrain

*Updated 12/29/2006 by (BOY)

BOY
    Participant

Okay, I’ve finally split up the misc. requests thread (formerly within this announcement) In the post above is a sign up sheet to check for lost requests.

I found a few old ideas that I am not sure have been looked at yet or not, I’ll post on a few of them.

cbx550f
    Participant

Err, what happened to all of the discussions?

BOY
    Participant

I separated them into individual topics. There were 10 or so, now spread around on different pages due to dates discussed.

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

That to do list link doesn’t seem to work, so I’m sorry if any of these are already covered. These are a few things I came across while building my thing:

Bugs

Multiple remove actions triggered. There seems to be a bug at the moment, where if you hit a target with a DH or similar, multiple remove actions are triggered for the same target.

Transparency blocks all effects (including water) and it’s not just the walls.

Feature Requests:

Turn off shadows option. Targets create shadows even when they’re underground. This is silly. Must have boolean drawshadows tag or something. – fixed in 41?

Popping up inside of buildings. I know you can set a mask, but if you have a lot of objects/targets, or they’re placed randomly. Can we have a border thing that prevents tank placement within it?

Proper alpha channel transparency. There’s a form of alpha channel transparency at the moment, but it’s not ideal. Say you wanted a speaker grill, best you can do with Milkshape is have the whole map transparent and hope the darker bits show up less.

A weaponaddobject tag (as well as weaponaddtarget) would be useful.

A boolean missilecollision tag for targets. (So you can have missiles pass through them like with objects).

A way to turn off ambient sounds. (Suppose you have ambient sounds emanating from an object and the object gets destroyed).

Have one object/target affect another. (Say you wanted to have a pulled lever remove a target). All you can do at the moment is have a remove action trigger a targeted explosion.

Have damage points appear when a target is hit. At the moment, it only shows life points taken. Would be nice to see 450 or something pop up when u hit someone with a DH (even if they only have 100 health).

Different health points and power for different tanks. There’s already a bubble that pops up when you choose your tank.

Proper cube maps for water. Same image is mapped to all sides of the cube at the moment. Sometimes the lines between faces are really obvious. Also, you can’t have much detail when the image has to tessellate in all directions.

A way to limit the effect wind has on tanks. (I think they get blow away too much).

Alternate trajectory option for grenades etc. As it is, all weapons act like missiles. (Say you fire at 300 power from the top of a mountain. Shouldn’t the projectile reach a point where horizontal velocity is zero (due to air resistance)?)

That’s all I can think of at the moment. I may have had more, but I don’t remember.

Hope it’s useful.

jdog
    Participant

There already is a weaponaddtarget tag.

Transparence are going to be added for next version also.

A way to turn off ambient sounds.

I think its fixed in next version

Different health points and power for different tanks

Already in the todo list

Alternate trajectory option for grenades etc

With a little code you can already do this

Popping up inside of buildings

Its a little weird but probably still going to happen.(not really a bug)

Have one object/target affect another

Check out Op Scorched if you want to know how to do this

http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/todo.php or you can find it on the fourm front page under the development area.

cbx550f
    Participant

Good list, Lappy.

To add to what J mentioned:
    @laptops Daddy wrote:

That to do list link doesn’t seem to work, so I’m sorry if any of these are already covered.

Fixed the outdated links – thanks.

Transparency blocks all effects (including water) and it’s not just the walls.

Known issue. Has to do with the order in which things are drawn, and the fix would be a bit complex, and likely would hurt performance to some degree. Honestly, I’m not sure what the chances of a change soon on this are. 😉

Turn off shadows option. Targets create shadows even when they’re underground. This is silly. Must have boolean drawshadows tag or something. – fixed in 41?

Yup – fixed for 41

Popping up inside of buildings.

I don’t think this has been addressed. I’ll keep it in mind.

Proper alpha channel transparency. There’s a form of alpha channel transparency at the moment, but it’s not ideal. Say you wanted a speaker grill, best you can do with Milkshape is have the whole map transparent and hope the darker bits show up less.

Check out the fences, the barbed wire, and the water tower on Scavenger. You CAN do it. 😉

weaponaddtarget has been added… in v40.1! RTFM 😉

A boolean missilecollision tag for targets. (So you can have missiles pass through them like with objects).

In v41

A way to turn off ambient sounds. (Suppose you have ambient sounds emanating from an object and the object gets destroyed).

I thought that worked? I often shot the plane with the engine running on Scavenger because it was too loud. 😉
    Many things have change WRT targets, boids, etc for v41 – I’ll watch for this.

Have one object/target affect another. (Say you wanted to have a pulled lever remove a target). All you can do at the moment is have a remove action trigger a targeted explosion.

Working on more flexibility in this area.

Have damage points appear when a target is hit. At the moment, it only shows life points taken. Would be nice to see 450 or something pop up when u hit someone with a DH (even if they only have 100 health).

Not sure I agree, as only 100 in damage has been done…. debateable, I guess. 😉

Proper cube maps for water. Same image is mapped to all sides of the cube at the moment. Sometimes the lines between faces are really obvious. Also, you can’t have much detail when the image has to tessellate in all directions.

Open the image in The Gimp, and run “make seamless”. 😉 I think that the way cubemap works requires the image to be “tileable”.

A way to limit the effect wind has on tanks. (I think they get blow away too much).

I tend to agree – might be a big thing to change though. I haven’t looked at the new physics engine and how it works to know yet. 😉

Alternate trajectory option for grenades etc. As it is, all weapons act like missiles. (Say you fire at 300 power from the top of a mountain. Shouldn’t the projectile reach a point where horizontal velocity is zero (due to air resistance)?)

There is ability to add a thrust amount and time to projectiles in v41. If nothing else, you will be able to fudge it with a small negative thrust.
    Good point though.

Sorry if I’ve repeated what J said – I had a few things I wanted to comment on and just kept going. 😉

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

@jdog wrote:

There already is a weaponaddtarget tag.

that’s not what i said. i wrote …rather than weapaddtarget at first, then changed it to as well as so u didn’t think i meant instead of.

i meant weaponaddobject. (isn’t that what i said?) : |

(laptop = Scorched modding expert (300 man hours later). respect my authoritaaaaaaah)

@jdog wrote:

With a little code you can already do this

u can? what little code?

@jdog wrote:

Check out Op Scorched if you want to know how to do this

or, as yet unamed laptop mod if you need more detail.
    (the coconut tree? tank shelter roof? huge tank that fires back? (u haven’t seen it have you?) go there. go there now*)

*u can’t 8 P
    it’s not ready.

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

@cbx550f wrote:

Open the image in The Gimp, and run “make seamless”. 😉 I think that the way cubemap works requires the image to be “tileable”.

: | <- wrote the software that made the computer that wrote the software the tiling software was made in.

we’re not just talking tiling here. every side of the image has to tessellate/tile with every other. (doesn’t it?)

scorched does this:

which means you have to have something like:

makes for some dull reflections (unless you want edges).
    (which is ok, just would be nice to have more is all).

(found a new image upload place. seems to work : )

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@cbx550f wrote:

I think this has been fixed, as the buildings will now be targets.

@cbx550f wrote:

In v41 there are no objects, only targets.

@cbx550f wrote:

I tend to agree – might be a big thing to change though. I haven’t looked at the new physics engine and how it works to know yet. 😉

I think I turned off wind for the falling tanks in v41. The physics engine now allows any (or no) wind affects to be specified on a per item basis.

There is ability to add a thrust amount and time to projectiles in v41. If nothing else, you will be able to fudge it with a small negative thrust.
    Good point though.

Nice idea. I guess you are looking for a wind/air resistance.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@cbx550f wrote:

I think this has been fixed, as the buildings will now be targets.

@cbx550f wrote:

In v41 there are no objects, only targets.

@cbx550f wrote:

I think I turned off wind for the falling tanks in v41. The physics engine now allows any (or no) wind affects to be specified on a per item basis.

Good point though.

Nice idea. I guess you are looking for a wind/air resistance.

Thrax
    Participant

@cbx550f wrote:

Good list, Lappy.

A way to turn off ambient sounds. (Suppose you have
    ambient sounds emanating from an object and the object gets destroyed).

I thought that worked? I often shot the plane with the engine running on
    Scavenger because it was too loud. 😉
    Many things have change WRT targets, boids, etc for v41 – I’ll watch for
    this.

Yup. works fine.. if you can get the sound to propperly attach in the first
    place. :see the swars thread:

Have damage points appear when a target is hit. At
    the moment, it only shows life points taken. Would be nice to see 450 or
    something pop up when u hit someone with a DH (even if they only have
    100 health).

Not sure I agree, as only 100 in damage has been done…. debateable, I
    guess. 😉

Hot-diggity does it ever… 😀 i’ve seen sniper and lightning damage show
    300+ and even into the 3-4thousands in one single strike.

Thrax
    Participant

@cbx550f wrote:

Good list, Lappy.

A way to turn off ambient sounds. (Suppose you have
    ambient sounds emanating from an object and the object gets destroyed).

I thought that worked? I often shot the plane with the engine running on
    Scavenger because it was too loud. 😉
    Many things have change WRT targets, boids, etc for v41 – I’ll watch for
    this.

Yup. works fine.. if you can get the sound to propperly attach in the first
    place. :see the swars thread:

Have damage points appear when a target is hit. At
    the moment, it only shows life points taken. Would be nice to see 450 or
    something pop up when u hit someone with a DH (even if they only have
    100 health).

Not sure I agree, as only 100 in damage has been done…. debateable, I
    guess. 😉

Hot-diggity does it ever… 😀 i’ve seen sniper show 300+ and lightning
    damage even into the 3-4thousands in one single strike.

FREAK
    Participant

I got a request for a game setting option.

I noticed alot of different opinions about resigning and everything.

Maybe there could be an option of allowing resigns.

That is all.

Thank you!

FREAK
    Participant

Sorry for the double post but I was wondering if there could be a way to buy multiple weapons in one pack.

For example…

Say someone wants to make a pack to save time in buying weapons. Have all weapons bought in a single weapon pack and would cost the same amount of money as if they bought them all individually.

Say they want to make their weapon pack consist of 4 baby rollers, 2 rollers 2 riot drills and 3 bottomless pits.

You can have it work like favorites by marking of the little circles to create a weapon pack.

You could also set a limit to how many they can make or somthing.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.