This topic contains 13 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  cbx550f 11 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Deathstryker
    Participant

As far as I can tell, alpha textures seem to be broken (unless it’s a video driver issue)

It all started when I spent an hour trying to get alpha textures to work on one of my models. It would appear transparent in the model select menu but not in-game… Soooo…. I loaded up the Gun Tower model and M-48 that came with the game and sure enough alpha textures were broken on them in-game as well.

So can anyone confirm this or is it just my video card/video driver? (Geforce FX 5500)

Just look on the M-48’s windshield. It should be transparent.

Bobirov
    Participant

I think this may have been fixed recently. I noticed it myself when playing around with targets. I mentioned it to Gav and I believe he fixed it, for landscape targets at least. But I believe they use the same code as tanks do, not 100% sure on that though.

Deathstryker
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

I think this may have been fixed recently. I noticed it myself when playing around with targets. I mentioned it to Gav and I believe he fixed it, for landscape targets at least. But I believe they use the same code as tanks do, not 100% sure on that though.

Cool. Thanks for the info Bob

Bobirov
    Participant

Checked it out just to be sure. M48’s windshield is indeed semi-transparent when used as a tank model in a recent build. 😉

Deathstryker
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

Checked it out just to be sure. M48’s windshield is indeed semi-transparent when used as a tank model in a recent build. 😉

That’s cool… I guess I’ll finish this model up with v40 comes out, heheh.

BOY
    Participant

what build are you working with Deathstryker? is CVS running again?

I still cannot update my source 😈

I was a month behind to begin with when CVS shut off… I can’t do much more without an update.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Its worse than that, currently all CVS access is down completely. For developers too.

Deathstryker
    Participant

umm, while I’m on the subject of screwy textures it would also appear that texture alignment for tanks is also messed up. It’s aligned correctly on the top but not on the sides. It appears this way on most all tanks and happens on both of my comps.

jdog
    Participant

If your using one texture for a model, sometime it won’t line up right on all sides. It all depends on the shape of the object your trying to texture. Round objects tend to be a pain to get the texture to alinement right.

Deathstryker
    Participant

@jdog wrote:

If your using one texture for a model, sometime it won’t line up right on all sides. It all depends on the shape of the object your trying to texture. Round objects tend to be a pain to get the texture to alinement right.

Uh jdog? That’s a default tank that came with the game and it used to work. And I did not mess with it.

jdog
    Participant

@deathstryker wrote:

@jdog wrote:

Uh jdog? That’s a default tank that came with the game and it used to work. And I did not mess with it.

I know.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

umm, while I’m on the subject of screwy textures it would also appear that texture alignment for tanks is also messed up. It’s aligned correctly on the top but not on the sides. It appears this way on most all tanks and happens on both of my comps.

Thanks for that.

Now fixed. Its worrying, I don’t even remember changing stuff in that area. It must have been a long time ago.

.–.ShoCkwaVe.–.
    Participant

I also noticed that boids with alpha textures make the game crash

when i tested the f-16 & t38 in v39 it looked fine
    but when i tested it in v40 the game crashed on me
    so i had to yank out the alpha 🙁

this may be different then just the tank model fix
    might want to look at it.

doom
    Participant

WHEN IS THIS VERSION GOING TO BE OUT!? [-o< 8-[ ](*,)

p.s will 39.1 mods still work on it?

cbx550f
    Participant

@doom wrote:

WHEN IS THIS VERSION GOING TO BE OUT!? [-o< 8-[ ](*,)

p.s will 39.1 mods still work on it?

I have no guess as to when, and no, v39 mods will not work as much of the structure of the .xml fils has changed.

Rest assured that the popular mods will have new versions. 🙂

cbx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.