This topic contains 54 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Tom.K 5 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Deathbal
    Participant

I voted no but i’m starting to like the old sight for sniping. In “practice” mode 🙄 I hit more often when sniping with the old sight. As opposed to going to a side angle and trying to judge if sight and tank are even.

BOY
    Participant

I stick to the old site 99% of the time. I still do check the side view for sniper shots too. When the shot is a good distance across the map, I check the side view and check to see if the angle looks ok and sort of draw the arc in my head. Sometimes the shot looks just a little too steep and I can catch see it better that way.

Irishbandit
    Participant

Old sight i only use the old sight. I cant seem to get the hang of the new one.
    Use ctrl-g for far away steeper sniper shots

kowal
    Participant

i guess i use the new one. i don’t even know that there was an old sight till i read this thread ;p

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Added to wiki with credit. Any updates should be made there…..please 🙂

Deathstryker
    Participant

Since you did that and want updates there, I’m gonna unsticky this to clean up a bit. Feel free to change it back.

cbx550f
    Participant

Made a small edit to the “Notes” section of “shooting through walls section”.

Good job, btw, thanks Gav. 🙂

BOY
    Participant

@deathstryker wrote:

Since you did that and want updates there, I’m gonna unsticky this to clean up a bit. Feel free to change it back.

It is good to clean up the stickies sometimes, I do like that the thread was getting a lot fo views here though, not sure as many will see in wiki.

On the other hand, pending a review of how useful this guide actually is (I’d like to poll – “did you find this guide useful” Y or N.) Perhaps it could be added to the actual game help, or directly linked into the wiki from the scorched3d home page. I was thinking about what deathbal asked, and I wonder if there is any way we can make it easier for noobs to learn the aiming techniques. This guide isn’t what I call comprehensive, only first hand experience is that, nor would I say it is necessarily easy to do at first try, but perhaps it could be better.

Thoughts.

BigBear
    Participant

@boy wrote:

It is good to clean up the stickies sometimes, I do like that the thread was getting a lot fo views here though, not sure as many will see in wiki.

Is there a particular reason that the link to the wiki is put in a less than obvious place? Why isn’t it put as an icon on the top of the page? Just wondering.

Back on topic I don’t think I have ever tried the old sight, which means I don’t think I will either. 😉

Bobirov
    Participant

@bigbear wrote:

Is there a particular reason that the link to the wiki is put in a less than obvious place? Why isn’t it put as an icon on the top of the page? Just wondering.

Uhm… It is. 😛

See that little link called ‘docs’, thats it. 😛

Deathstryker
    Participant

Not sure what you guys think about it, but don’t you think “wiki” might mean more to someone than “docs”

I can see both an upside and a downside to this. The upside is that anyone who’s used the internet for awhile knows what wiki is and would probably make more sense out of it than “docs”.

On the downside, people who haven’t used the internet that much may not know what the word “wiki” is. I myself, just learned of the word about…. 2 years ago myself.

BigBear
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

@bigbear wrote:

Uhm… It is. 😛

See that little link called ‘docs’, thats it. 😛

Heh … boy is my face red 😳
    Oh well, at least like DS wrote if someone who didn’t know reads this they can go “aha!” without loosing face and the rest can have a good laugh at silly ‘ol bear! Put that one on my tab, I’m good for it. 😉

Bobirov
    Participant

@bigbear wrote:

the rest can have a good laugh at silly ‘ol bear! Put that one on my tab, I’m good for it. 😉

Don’t worry. You’ve a long way to go yet before you wind up with your foot in your mouth as much as I have in the past. 😉

Irishbandit
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

@bigbear wrote:

the rest can have a good laugh at silly ‘ol bear! Put that one on my tab, I’m good for it. 😉

Don’t worry. You’ve a long way to go yet before you wind up with your foot in your mouth as much as I have in the past. 😉

What do you mean the past. 😆 😆

BOY
    Participant

I have long wished for a better name for the wiki than docs… reason being… we all call it THE WIKI!! 😯

honestly, I’d say change it. docs says to newbs…. EULA.. and “boring”

Wiki is just fun to say 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.