This topic contains 54 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Tom.K 5 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Nice, stickied until I move it to the docs section.

BTW, I use the new sight 🙂

Bobirov
    Participant

I suppose we’ll just have to agree to disagree on this one. I like the new sight and have no intentions of going back.. 😉

@gcamp wrote:

Alright, the quintessential old timer agrees with me! 🙂

cbx550f
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

I suppose we’ll just have to agree to disagree on this one. I like the new sight and have no intentions of going back.. 😉

I like it too. It did, as Willis pointed out, cause a few cbxes at first, but once I became accustomed to it, I found it better. I hadn’t even realized at the time that the old sight was different for different tanks… that might explain some of the cbxes with the old sight, as I switch tanks more often than Hobbes changes his underwear. Even more often than Steve soils his.

@Bobirox previously wrote:

The reason the new sight causes undershots is simple. It is because the sight is lined up exactly where the projectile will travel. Hence the projectile starts to drop below the line of sight as soon as it leaves the barrel.

That and the fact that the projectile has a diameter >0. 😉

@Bovirov said gcamp wrote:

In case the above didn’t give it away, I use the new one too. 😉

Bobirov
    Participant

@cbx550f made me laugh when he wrote:

Bobirox

Was that intentional? That… well… rox 🙂

How come I never thought of that? hehe

@cbx550f, in his infinite wisdom, wrote:

In case the above didn’t give it away, I use the new one too. 😉

*highfive*

😈

BOY
    Participant

is it a coincidence that new sight and newb begin the same?

*shrugs* 😛

I do change sights several times per game, actually, but I never change tanks, or I’d be lost.

jdog
    Participant

I use the new sight, but then use a side view for some fine tunning

HWB
    Participant

I use the new sight. That’s what I learned on and that is what I will continue to use. I messed around with the old sight but I was so accostumed to new sight I would missed on straight shots. And my trying to chat and play, I would forget what sight I was useing.

A Moogle
    Participant

I use the new sight, and the shot cam. I find it easier to see exactly where the shot will start out, instead of guessing with the old sight.

SHACK
    Participant

Hi im a new guy. Thx for the tips on aiming. Im still tryin to see the differece between the old and the new sights 😯
    But after hearing what some of you have to say I’ll use the new one.

I’ve found it a waste to use the side camera and I use the shot view that way I can see where my shots are heading, there impact and see along the way whos where.

Is there a way to always have the shot view on? because it turns off and I have to rescroll to get it .
    what im askin is there a shortcut key?

Bobirov
    Participant

@shack wrote:

Is there a way to always have the shot view on? because it turns off and I have to rescroll to get it .
    what im askin is there a shortcut key?

You can hit c to bring up the shot cam. You can also hit the number 4 to set your main camera view to the shot cam and watch it full screen. 🙂

Irishbandit
    Participant

Have not posted here in a while..

We have all heard or have said in game i hate short shots. Shots less than 350. So how do you shoot short shots? And i dont mean a dh at .5 300. 😉

DeVice
    Participant

I think I’m still using the old one.
    I got it right, the default is the old ?

For Irish : I shoot short shots as others, but with less power (except for straight max power shots of course) 😛

Bobirov
    Participant

@device wrote:

I think I’m still using the old one.
    I got it right, the default is the old ?

Actually, it defaults to the new sight I believe. 😛

BOY
    Participant

@irishbandit wrote:

We have all heard or have said in game i hate short shots. Shots less than 350. So how do you shoot short shots? And i dont mean a dh at .5 300. 😉

A flat angle of approach can give a better chance of a hit, works good in low winds. I personally like to increase the power a bit and lower the angle, it makes me feel a bit more comfortable with the shot. It works well when their is not a serious terrain issue. I am a chronic low angle shooter though. It seems to pay off most of the time.

Irishbandit
    Participant

@boy wrote:

@irishbandit wrote:

A flat angle of approach can give a better chance of a hit, works good in low winds. I personally like to increase the power a bit and lower the angle, it makes me feel a bit more comfortable with the shot. It works well when their is not a serious terrain issue. I am a chronic low angle shooter though. It seems to pay off most of the time.

Yes i do that as well unless there is no wind then its a very high angle shot sometimes 85 degrees.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.