This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  cbx550f 10 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

cbx550f
    Participant

I wanted to reply to a couple things from Indy’s post in the “Is it Cheating?” topic, but I was going to stray WAY off topic, so I’ll do it here… 😉
    @inductiveone wrote:

I think I’m going to whip up a 1player only mini mod that is just target shooting, acualy, it might be multiplayer but somehow only target will be worth shooting (I have a plan).

You may want to check out the OpScorched cvs that Bob has been working on. (at http://sf.net/projects/scorched3d-mods )
    He started it out with a target practive type map.

Those 2 angles (especialy 70 because of its high trajectory) are good angles to practice with. Just fire up a mod with a custom game, set wind to 0, and fight against 1 real good bot. Might want to set money realy realy low too so its almost all baby missiles or something. Only use that angle. Angle 70 is a good one to practice, so is angle 55 and 45 (for those long flat shots).

When I started, I used 45 for all shots that I could, as it is the angle that allows for the longest shot (assuming no winds). After a time, I came to realize that it was limiting me, as I was hung up on one angle. I decided to switch to 60 for “general purpose” shots, that way I could choose between 60 and 30 and get the same distance (again, assuming no wind), or go higher or lower without radically throwing off my sense of required power.

Either way. I think it might be a neat idea to do a quick target practice mod, nothing fancy. I might whip something up in the next few days and see what people think. Like how grandfathers try to teach you how to flyfish with a bucket, a rod, a backyard, and some time.

Being a flyfisherman who was considering buying his son a flyrod for Christmas, I can relate. (I didn’t, as I don’t have a decent shop in the area to buy one from :(. I think I’ll order one for his birthday in the spring)

For years my tagline on newsgroups etc was “The way to a flyfisherman’s heart is through his fly.” 😀

The only thing I use the plan view for is finding tanks that are somehow hidden’ish. Its always good to know where cbx is at all time (!)

I often lose track of where cbx is too, and that is a really really bad thing to do.

(btw – LOL!)

cbx

Also – I just finished wrapping my kids’ presents – a mountain of gifts for my son, and one for my daughter! It looks awful, but I actually spent more on her. I hope she doesn’t find it disappointing when she first sees it… I know she’ll be happy, but it might be a bit alarming at first.

HWB
    Participant

@cbx550f wrote:

Also – I just finished wrapping my kids’ presents – a mountain of gifts for my son, and one for my daughter! It looks awful, but I actually spent more on her. I hope she doesn’t find it disappointing when she first sees it… I know she’ll be happy, but it might be a bit alarming at first.

Funny my Chrstmast Pile the other way….my girl I know will be happy with her load of crap….my son is sketchy. We(Mrs. Badger and I) too spent more money on the boy. I think all will be fine….We have a Ying-Yang affect going CBX.

InductiveOne
    Participant

I’ve been quetly waiting for that OpScorched test server to be up again 🙂 Bob had it up for a night awile back and even the fairly early version I played was realy cool. We both spent like, it may have been like an hour on that shooting range level shooting each other with airstrikes. For the record, I”ve already thiefed some cool ideas from it 🙂

I was thinking something like that, where maybe all the targets have very low power, and you have nothin but realy small baby missiles or something. So you can turn around and shoot a tank but it doesn’t accomplish much. I think the idea would be for the game to end due to max shots and your scored on how many points you got for shooting targets?

I was thinking about making big bucket targets and making the small weapon shoot a little trout or somthing.

About teaching your kid to fly fish, just remember to stand back! Many years ago my grandfather was teaching my uncle to fly fish and ended up with a fly nearly permanently attached to the top of his head.

And being especialy poor this year, I just bought presents for my folks. Thought I”d just buy some books. You know how easy it is to drop like 200$ on books? It would have been cheaper to get them cable!

cbx550f
    Participant

About teaching your kid to fly fish, just remember to stand back! Many years ago my grandfather was teaching my uncle to fly fish and ended up with a fly nearly permanently attached to the top of his head.

For things like that I use a fly that the hook is broken off (Or clip the hook off of a beaten up one ;))

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.