This topic contains 52 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Chopper 6 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@deathbal wrote:

@rommel wrote:

That wasn’t the topic.
    We were discussing a way to keep people from using rules, strings and calculators. My method has undergone months of testing and I’m pleased to say that it works very well. Since you mentioned this, if you need 45 seconds you need more practice. If you play my favorite game, you shoot in 30. Ask around. 😉

Rommel

The current shot clock allows for a relaxed shot. You also may want to consider new comers. When I started playing it took me quite some time to get used to the clock.

Not JUST that, but also the fact that not everyone plays to win, some people like to chat, its a friendly group of people on here generally, take away the chat and you may aswell play the single player game.
    Imagine LTC trying to play the game with a 20 second shot time, 19 seconds of typing, 1 second of reading and that 5 seconds it seems to wait after 0 for the actual shot to be setup!

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

LTC

for shame

Chopper
    Participant

Man Viking……..you horned Bastage..wtH you been?? Missed ya Buddy.

Man, I didn’t realize how much stuff is stirred up here. I’ve played a long time and always thought a true hack-aimbot was like an urban legend….looks like I was waaaaaaay wrong.

All I can say is…….its sad. Very, very sad. But I have faith that Gavin and the guys will clean it up. Maybe come up with a “bot detector”?

It kinda explains some of those 5 wind first shots I’ve seen. Some even crosswind.

To the cheatin’ bot weiners. After a while…YOu’ll disappear and go away to mess with some other game….But Scorch will survive.

One finger salute to bot cheaters.

Rommel
    Participant

New comers. I like that description much better than Noobs.@deathbal wrote:

@rommel wrote:

That wasn’t the topic.
    We were discussing a way to keep people from using rules, strings and calculators. My method has undergone months of testing and I’m pleased to say that it works very well. Since you mentioned this, if you need 45 seconds you need more practice. If you play my favorite game, you shoot in 30. Ask around. 😉

Rommel

The current shot clock allows for a relaxed shot. You also may want to consider new comers. When I started playing it took me quite some time to get used to the clock.

I was under the impression that the purpose of the beginners server was to give the new players an opportunity to ease into on-line play and the main server was for those that had developed a sufficient level of skill to compete without any special breaks. It doesn’t matter to me, but the short shot clock makes anything other than automated cheating much harder to pull off without revealing your tactics. I get caught quite often trying to use fuel or transporters but it’s pretty obvious when you see me move on the next shot that it’s not too likely that I was calculating a shot.

Missed shot, next one a one shot kill. New target. Missed shot, next one a one shot kill … . Most of us have seen this I suppose and spot it fairly quickly and have the opportunity to do something more interesting like watching the weather channel. I do hope that you’ll at least consider the ideas I’ve presented for the more advanced levels of play and especially for the 1 on 1, MCB tournament that is being planned.

Sincerely,

Rommel

Viking62
    Participant

Hey ya Stoli drinkin bastage…I am around. I will try to play more…I finally crapped out my windoze PC…had to redo everything (has been a long time)-Almost forgot how much hassle to set up XP right-Dialup does’nt help;)

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

@rommel wrote:

New comers. I like that description much better than Noobs.@deathbal wrote:

@rommel wrote:

That wasn’t the topic.

i really hate to post in the news section. but, i prefer noob. (with the emphasis on the b). i suppose you could add a y if you must be pc.

bunch of noobs the lot of you. (except for peanuts, who i once saw hit a small bubble in force 5 wind at 1000 paces).

aimbot users should be killed on sight, as should anyone in the top 10. heavy pejorative sand-shogging in front of everyone. that’s the way to deal with it.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

LOL, I remember that shot, was well impressed with myself.
    Altho, I must add, it was my second shot on the target!

Chopper
    Participant

Sometimes Ya’ Feel Lika Nut!….. 😆

BOY
    Participant

Well, I just don’t know what to say. A lot of very good thoughts here.

Scorched is a game of nuances, like a game of poker in a way. This cheat is a particularly bad cheat. It is like playing a hand of poker with someone who can pull out an extra pair whenever they want. Extra money or unlimited fuel, or many other cheats would not be so bad.

Fortunately most of us play for the fun of it all – the risk, the anticipation, and many the veterans play just to hang with friends. As long as we still have fun we win 😀

and its always a good feeling to catch a cheater too.

God Bless the true scorchers! 😉

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@boy wrote:

and its always a good feeling to catch a cheater too.

Had onee of those just over a week ago, pointed out that sticking a funk stright on top of peoples heavy/froce shields wasnt the best use of them.
    Stupid cheating noob!

ash
    Participant

One of the reasons I quit playing as much was the fact that brand new players could come in and get 15 kills a game. The thought kept going through my mind that there had to be some kind of aimbot or some other cheat, but I read all the posts about how some people are just really good at scorched and blah blah blah. Now I find out that I’m right.

I’ve had some great first shot kills in my time, but I can assure you that I never used a cheat, or even counted squares or anything like that. It saddens me greatly that I have lost the love of the game I once had, and all because of cheaters. Man, that’s really lame. I know it’s difficult, if not impossible to stop the cheaters, but I wish they would all just go away and find another game to ruin.

NP-TheOutlaw
    Participant

well said Ash

best thing to do might be just to play when you see a room full of buds.
    those same folks you’ve grown to trust over the years.

im sure gavin and co. are working on a way to keep the “lameness” down to
    a minimal.

LigH
    Participant

Experience pwns aimbots: The true pro’s know how to miss and kill anyway!

Thrax
    Participant

@np-theoutlaw wrote:

well said Ash

best thing to do might be just to play when you see a room full of buds.
    those same folks you’ve grown to trust over the years.

im sure gavin and co. are working on a way to keep the “lameness” down to
    a minimal.

Or instead, invite all your buds to try a new place.
    Aimbots rarely help you when the defences and weapons are slightly
    different.

And yes, we’re already working on several things to cancel the current
    aimbotters and flush them out for a little public embarrasment..

Picci
    Participant

@ligh wrote:

Experience pwns aimbots: The true pro’s know how to miss and kill anyway!

Gotta quote you on that…
    with a little use of fuel and intelligence, the aimbots go boom! 😛

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)

The forum ‘news’ is closed to new topics and replies.