This topic contains 52 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Chopper 6 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

imported_gcamp
    Participant

It’s come to our attention that some people are using cheats to help them be better at Scorched3D.

We are honored that people would go to such lengths just to be top of our stats, but we would like to remind them that the use of cheats is not allowed on all official Scorched3D servers.

There is nothing special about these cheats, there are cheats available for most popular games on the net. And while it is truely sad, it is just something that goes hand in hand with online gaming.

The development team will be looking at ways to help manage the situation, mean-time we ask your co-operation with the admin teams.

pastor of muppets
    Participant

I will cooperate fully including not posting on forums that mention cheats until a solution is found. Please to all do the same and stop using cheats. I suck bad enough!

FREAK
    Participant

Maybe becuase you can’t use square counting anymore, people have rebelled against it?

Lol.

Chopper
    Participant

Don’t know how you’re gonna get rid of the rulers,strings and other stuff people use…………but please don’t take away my ChopBot2000! I just got a full tank of Stoli in it… 😆

Seriously though, Thank you for the effort……and really THANK YOU for all your hard work.

NP-TheOutlaw
    Participant

what ever happen to values like integrity, honesty, and a sense of character.

for shame.

Rommel
    Participant

How?@chopper wrote:

Don’t know how you’re gonna get rid of the rulers,strings and other stuff people use…………but please don’t take away my ChopBot2000! I just got a full tank of Stoli in it… 😆

Seriously though, Thank you for the effort……and really THANK YOU for all your hard work.

Cutting the shot time to the minimum required to make an honest shot helps a great deal. If you barely have time to choose a weapon, line up and shoot it makes doing much of anything else nearly impossible. If someone misses a shot you might want to assume they were calculating the shot and move just to be safe. If they hit precisely where you were sitting you might want to give that some thought.

I went so far recently as to recommend that the first person to lock in a shot should be rewarded and the last person to lock in should be penalized. If one or more players miss the shot, the penalty would not effect the last shot locked in but would effect all players that missed the shot. This may speed up the game as an added bonus.

Is it worth looking into? You decide.

Rommel

Deathbal
    Participant

Seriously, who cares about rulers and strings? Do they actually work when considering elevation and wind? If someone is going to take their time to put crap up to the monitor, then by all means, knock yourself out.

parasti
    Participant

That’s hardly cheating anyway. I just call it “lame”. 🙂 (Which, by the way, according to Yusuf I’m not even entitled to…) On the other hand, an “aimbot” is a computer program. As for all computer programs, its purpose is to do the hard work for you in less time. Just click a button or type a command. Reducing the shot time to a minimum will not eliminate aimbot users. It could theoretically expose them (“how the heck did you make that shot in that time”), at the cost of pissing off the rest of us.

I need my 45 seconds.

KTM Rider
    Participant

Yep, I need my 45 seconds also. A minute is even better.

I don’t think that any of the square counting, measuring, or any of that is necessarily cheating. Its more of a mathematical way to arrive at the same answers the rest of us do. I know that I tend to hold my fingers up to my eye when adjusting a shot. Is that cheating?

Now, the Aimbot (Wow, I never really knew it actually existed until recently) is cheating. No question about that. Is there any way to eliminate the executable hack? Some unique registry thing for each downloaded version of S3D? I’m not programmer, but there has to be something.

Rommel
    Participant

That wasn’t the topic.
    @parasti wrote:

… Reducing the shot time to a minimum will not eliminate aimbot users. It could theoretically expose them (“how the heck did you make that shot in that time”), at the cost of pissing off the rest of us.

I need my 45 seconds.

We were discussing a way to keep people from using rules, strings and calculators. My method has undergone months of testing and I’m pleased to say that it works very well. Since you mentioned this, if you need 45 seconds you need more practice. If you play my favorite game, you shoot in 30. Ask around. 😉

Rommel

Rommel
    Participant

The short answer to your question is YES.@KTM Rider wrote:

Yep, I need my 45 seconds also. A minute is even better.

I don’t think that any of the square counting, measuring, or any of that is necessarily cheating. Its more of a mathematical way to arrive at the same answers the rest of us do. I know that I tend to hold my fingers up to my eye when adjusting a shot. Is that cheating?

Now, the Aimbot (Wow, I never really knew it actually existed until recently) is cheating. No question about that. Is there any way to eliminate the executable hack? Some unique registry thing for each downloaded version of S3D? I’m not programmer, but there has to be something.

It is possible to maintain the open source concept and still structure the game to force competitors on the official servers into compliance.

Rommel

pastor of muppets
    Participant

I do not know how an aimbot works nor do I ever want to learn. But I would think shortening the shot time would be in favor of aimbot users. I do think that it would be a nice addition to main to shorten the timer just so that more experienced players would hang there.

As far as the aimbot thing is concerned I said I would not post on forums about cheats and I haven’t. As hard as it is I haven’t I am a lover of this game not a dev or admin and am just as a peer begging you all to stop and let the powers that be sort this out.

Just a suggestion.

Viking62
    Participant

To the aimbot users…I say…Reality sux does’nt it? I still cannot believe the way some people think. Re: Cheating will really get them somewhere in their life. That kind of attitude will always bite them in the butt in the end! Cheaters never really prosper…….They know they suck….that is why their reality is tainted with artificial aimbots/shot helper programs. I like the reality myself…If I win at something or lose….I know I tried…. to the best of my “Natural Ability”!
    Re: Aiming/round speed-Please don’t tamper with that….Some of us have slow dial-up & it will actually hurt us……With my connection speed, sometimes I only have half the time of people with dsl or cable to shoot. I have taught myself to aim/shoot quickly…when I lag….I lose shot/game time. Hence my old addage-I type;I die….When I type ingame….Most likely…I wont have time to shoot (Pastor knows this well)! 😉

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@viking62 wrote:

Hence my old addage-I type;I die….When I type ingame….Most likely…I wont have time to shoot (Pastor knows this well)! 😉

Thanks…for…the…heads…up

Deathbal
    Participant

@rommel wrote:

That wasn’t the topic.
    We were discussing a way to keep people from using rules, strings and calculators. My method has undergone months of testing and I’m pleased to say that it works very well. Since you mentioned this, if you need 45 seconds you need more practice. If you play my favorite game, you shoot in 30. Ask around. 😉

Rommel

The current shot clock allows for a relaxed shot. You also may want to consider new comers. When I started playing it took me quite some time to get used to the clock.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)

The forum ‘news’ is closed to new topics and replies.