This topic contains 10 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  BOY 10 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

naka
    Participant

Have no idea is this is possible or easy to implement, but imagine a situation, when the wind force is 5, and your oppenent is very close to the border- must click outside the border.

BigBear
    Participant

*Applaudes naka*

This has been bothering me too for some time. It really messes up my way of aiming when shooting at people that are positioned close to the border.

BOY
    Participant

Excellent idea!

I imagine that the aim outside the borders would require the game to calculate the precise location of the aim within an infinite field of view unless aiming beyond the wall was restricted to a certain distance out. 😯

In addition to outside the walls, or perhaps in place of it, why not aiming “on” the wall?

Willis
    Participant

*fourths the motion*

Along with that – I have the same issue when using the wrap wall.

I measure off of the markers and imagine where the target is .. as if I was aiming strait without a wall. But that causes problems when I need to speculate the aiming.

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

i hate to disagree (i don’t really (it’s a thing i do)), but i think it’s fine as it is. it takes a certain amount of skill to use the walls effectively as is and i think it adds to the game. a change like that would make it too easy.

(plus it would make square counting (which is cheating : P ) easier and even more of an issue.)

naka
    Participant

@laptops Daddy wrote:

i hate to disagree (i don’t really (it’s a thing i do)), but i think it’s fine as it is. it takes a certain amount of skill to use the walls effectively as is and i think it adds to the game. a change like that would make it too easy.

this is not what i meant. i meen regular shoots. but it will help when using the wrap wall too.

BOY
    Participant

counting squares isn’t really cheating, we call ppl who do that “grid users”.

Cheating is a very bad word. Try to think about what will make the play smoother for the majority, and offline people too.

Irishbandit
    Participant

Right now I just auto aim closer to me along the edge of the wall works good.
    Since its not a straight shot i don’t see how this would help?

Side question:
    And we never finished the argument about square counting does any one really do that???

Shotzo
    Participant

Counting squares takes too damn long. Use 3D depth perception — it’s much faster. (Kinda like when someone is 6 feet away with a stick, and you’re like.. hey.. that looks like 12 inches… … .. hey… it IS 12 inches.)

=)

HWB
    Participant

@laptops Daddy wrote:

Finally,I agree with Lappy. I think Naka’s suggestion is good but I like having to guess where my tank is pointed.

mooic
    Participant

Personally i always zoom into my target then press ‘a’ highlighting the player, i then look at terrain to set my elevation and power then finally i use camera angle 4 and use the win arrow coupled with the distance to adjust for wind! I have never needed to click outside the borders i guess im with lappy on this one. (ill ignore the cheating comment though so not to hijack nakas thread!)

BOY
    Participant

I don’t think aiming would necesarily be any easier here, the skill to aim accross the walls would still be the same, would simply be streamlined a bit. Estimating distances and angle to aim correctly really doesn’t change, it is just the mechanics that change a bit, might make aiming just a bit quicker in some cases. Simply avoids trying to find that exact edge of the wall.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.