This topic contains 56 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Deathbal 8 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

Rommel
    Participant

Hi lap tops :

Perhaps my use of punctuation confused you. I know how much trouble you have with English.

I asked a simple yes or no question of the admins.

Since you don’t speak for them, please act like there was someone in your past that cared enough about you to teach you basic manners and let them answer on their own.

Thanks old buddy,

Rommel

Acid22
    Participant

Rude again Rommel [-X

&………………….No. Happy now? 😀

Kind regards, your dear friend & favourite Admin
    Acid

Raden
    Participant

Hello Rommel,

@rommel wrote:

Having made a few inquiries about the changes we could expect to be made to the server set ups, it appears that there is no ongoing discussion amoung you to make any changes.

My understanding of written and spoken English is not that good, so please clarify….maybe I missed some of the posts regarding the inquiries on expected changes….if I’m not mistaken, there were some form of discussion on the NEWS forum regarding Version 42 Beta. Maybe you were referring to the suggestion of the timer being adjusted to reduce the aiming time…is this it? By the way, I just realized that you were probably referring to me when you said some of the admins took too long to aim. I remember, you did suggest to me during a game that I speed up my aiming process. I admit…..I do take a long time. That’s because I am not as good as most other players when it comes to guesstimating the range. I have my own techniques, and unfortunately it involves some mental mathematics, which i am not fond of doing, but because of my intent to be precise, hence my slowness in aiming :). Do you know how an aimbot works? I believe, if I were to be using an ‘assisted method’, I would probably take half the time it would take for me to aim in My way.

@rommel wrote:

Do you prefer things the way they are currently structured?

Here, I am sorry, I am confused or maybe ignorant. What things are you talking about?

@rommel wrote:

Thank you in advance for not responding unless you speak for the group.

#-o there…you see! My English has failed me again……I am speaking for myself….

Sincerely,

Raden

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

@rommel wrote:

…Thanks old buddy,

again, youre welcome.

your trying to restrict responses to admins grates on me, rom. not least because youre usually so active in promoting free speech.

your methods are contradictory.

this is the problem. admins are effectively gagged when it comes to pointing out bastardry, especially if theyre speaking for the group.

are you afraid to hear the truth?!

you identify flaws in the system unilaterally, then create and exacerbate these flaws as you fight against them.

i know youll want examples : )

• dirt in-game as a counter to unscrupulous play.
    • a reduced shot timer as a counter to assisted shooting methods, that save people having to spend time thinking and lining up shots.
    • a scorched exe worm, that replaces the client binary with a server supplied copy, as a counter to malicious aimbot code. (yes, i remember. that one amused me : )
    • increasing admin involvement in curbing unfair play, by attacking the few active (volunteer) admins we still have, so they get pissed off and leave.
    • championing free speech and moving against misinformation, by spamming bullshit and restricting input on the matter to the two or three people out of hundreds here, who have to be a bit careful about what they say.
    • suggesting wolves and cheaters wherever there are players, encouraging complaints, so that when someone really does cheat, everyone just assumes the guy pointing the finger is just another rommel or legion.
    • and countering bad manners with rudeness!

re-evaluate please?

respect as always

ps: wheres that apoc champions mod?

Deathbal
    Participant

@rommel wrote:

I ask you all, as a group :

Sincerely,

Rommel

Since I do not speak for the group, I will not respond to your post. 😀

But I will quickly put an ad hoc committee together, name it “Desert Clam”, and get you the information you so desperately seek.

Now seriously, what are the the things you’d like changed? So far all i have seen is talk of the shot timer.

I personally do not like a reduction in the timer. For a tournament it was fun, but not in relaxed play. I like to talk sometimes, maybe get a drink and still have a few seconds left.

You have to remember, everyone does not shoot or aim the same way. I use that mouse circle option to aim, featured here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5067&st=0&sk=t&sd=a second page, second to last post. I rarely use the arrows. Just sometimes to tap. And the mouse aimer can be very sensitive. That can take time since it is very hard to get it to where i want it.

Rommel
    Participant

Hi Deathbal:

I wish you much luck in obtaining an answer before version 42 is released. It was my understanding that it would be running last weekend but that not being the case, then this coming weekend must be the one Gavin meant in his post.

@gcamp wrote:

Ok, all the bugs I’ve been informed of I’ve fixed. Things are looking in good shape, as such I expect to release the main version next weekend.

My question was not seeking an answer for my benefit but a question for you as a group to answer for the benefit of the game. Thus, after educating yourselves to the changes being made in the game code, it seems that asking yourselves this question before each new release would be prudent.

@deathbal wrote:

@rommel wrote:

I ask you all, as a group :

Sincerely,

Rommel

Since I do not speak for the group, I will not respond to your post. 😀

But I will quickly put an ad hoc committee together, name it “Desert Clam”, and get you the information you so desperately seek.

Now seriously, what are the the things you’d like changed? So far all i have seen is talk of the shot timer.

I personally do not like a reduction in the timer. For a tournament it was fun, but not in relaxed play. I like to talk sometimes, maybe get a drink and still have a few seconds left.

You have to remember, everyone does not shoot or aim the same way. I use that mouse circle option to aim, featured here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5067&st=0&sk=t&sd=a second page, second to last post. I rarely use the arrows. Just sometimes to tap. And the mouse aimer can be very sensitive. That can take time since it is very hard to get it to where i want it.

Unless I misunderstood, changes to the server set-ups are the exclusive domain of the server administrators. Unable to find an admin in the game that was aware of any proposed changes to the set ups, I thought it good to ask in a way that makes you answer the way you were designed to function, as a group.

Time is the enemy and especially so when time is short.

Best wishes,

Rommel

Raden
    Participant

@rommel wrote:

My question was not seeking an answer for my benefit but a question for you as a group to answer for the benefit of the game. Thus, after educating yourselves to the changes being made in the game code, it seems that asking yourselves this question before each new release would be prudent.

The answer is yes. Any new bug or irregularity found after the release will definitely be addressed. Fixes will be done not by server administrators.
    (i’m sure you know that)

@rommel wrote:

Unless I misunderstood, changes to the server set-ups are the exclusive domain of the server administrators. Unable to find an admin in the game that was aware of any proposed changes to the set ups, I thought it good to ask in a way that makes you answer the way you were designed to function, as a group.

Clarify and expand on server setups, please Rommel? You have a way of twisting words, and I want to be absolutely sure of what you’re talking about before any one of the admins answer, so you will get a precise and concise answer from any one of us. By being ambiguous, you are creating confusion and prolonging this post by unnecessary QnAs between you and other admins as well as non admins.

As far as I am concerned, all is status quo. We wait for the game to be released, then we see what needs to be changed and do what is necessary to make this game better, for all, not for individuals…..let me rephrase that….for the majority.

Raden
    Participant

May i add, that, your proposed changes to the timer timings, has been discussed enough in the forums by admins and other players, and the general idea is that it is to remain as it is.

Rommel
    Participant

Hi Raden and Other Admins :

I hope that you will forgive me for not addressing the red herrings. All I requested was for the admin group to answer this simple question about the OFFICIAL server settings.

Expecting that all of you are by now, well educated on the forthcoming code changes, I found it strange that I couldn’t find anyone that knew of any changes being made to the server set-ups. Even more surprising was the discovery that some of you hadn’t seen Gavin’s announcment posted on Mon Feb 02, 2009 at 5:50 pm and didn’t know the new version was coming out in a few days.

In order to prevent confusion, I intentionally made this a simple question where the answer should rightly be either yes or no. It was also intentional that in order to answer the question properly, you would have to talk amoung yourselves and think a bit about what is best for the game. At this time there are two admins providing conflicting answers but no consensus from the group.

@acid22 wrote:

&………………….No. Happy now?

@raden wrote:

The answer is yes.

Hopefully, after you have all taken the time to do a proper analysis, you will come to the conclusion that there are a few things that could be improved for the benefit of the game. If so, in addition to the older requests, you should have some new ideas based on your understanding of the new script language and the other code changes.

Perhaps restricting yourselves to the wishes of the few regular players and their obvious smurfs is not a good idea. You are in charge of adjustments to the game settings and are charged with promoting interest in the game.

This would be a great game even if it wasn’t free and regularly updated, yet it hasn’t attracted very many dedicated players. Even worse is the loss of people that truely loved the game and were active contributors.

As game administrators you should be interested in what is best for the game and not too concerned about how the changes will affect you personally. Adapt or die is a basic law of nature. Those of us that are adaptable should be comfortable with most any changes that you feel are required to improve the game.

Best wishes with the discussion (if it should be decided that I deserve a proper answer).

Sincerely,

Rommel

Raden
    Participant

Rommel,

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, individually, but a group’s outlook on a matter is most of the time based on the majorities opinion and 😆 sarcasm doesn’t work on you eh? 😉

C’mon Romm, give me a list of all the things that you expect or want changes to be made to.

I honestly think that none of the admins are overly (or is it overtly?) concerned about how the game will affect them personally. If changes are deemed necessary, for the game’s benefit, they will adapt, as must all the players.

Best wishes Rommel, hope you get an answer or answers (if it should be decided that you deserve one… or more)….though I doubt it will ever be a satisfactory one for you 😉

Chopper
    Participant

Wow.I get busy this week and here’s Romme stirring things up.

I’ll answer ya..YES DAMNIT…. I’m pretty happy with things. But I’m old and like things to stay the same………..and I don’t see a thing wrong with things the way they are. I don’t want the game to get where my old laptop won’t run it anymore. It’s the fastest its ever run it after I tweaked and I dont want a thing changed.

That good enough?

Now I have a question for you.

Have you donated?

bazzz
    Participant

You need to stir some harder?

Now i have a question for all of us, do we want to waste energy on bullshit or do we want to do something constructive here.

Feel free to answer honestly.

Rommel
    Participant

Hi Chopper:

That is certainly an acceptable answer.
    @chopper wrote:

I’ll answer ya..YES DAMNIT….

That good enough?

Either answer, yes or no, is fine, as long as the group descision is based on what is best for the game.

@chopper wrote:

Now I have a question for you.

Have you donated?

I was hoping to avoid the red herrings but there could be a prize inside of this one. It sure is a Cracker Jack!

I may have sent in 2 dollars a year ago or 1 dollar two years ago. Then again, it might have been 2 dollars on two seperate occassions over the past 2 years. Then again … Perhaps it would be best if you consult with Gavin on this matter. I seem to be a little fuzzy on the details at the moment.

Oh yeah, the prize! I almost forgot why I responded. I love prizes!

If there is a special drawing or something for those that donate, please get back to me with my status as soon as possible. If I haven’t donated, I’ll send in a dollar or two as soon as I find a woman with a PayPal account. If the deadline for entries is drawing near, I can ship it direct. Finding another girl friend isn’t in my plans for the immediate future and I’d hate to miss out because of that.

Best wishes and Godspeed to you all.

Sincerely,

Rommel

The best plan is the one made when the battle is over. – Erwin J. E. Rommel

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

@rommel wrote:

If there is a special drawing or something for those that donate, please get back to me…

[attachment=0:3qi0la55]assmachine.png[/attachment:3qi0la55]

Deathbal
    Participant

LOL…..I don’t quite know why, but i just started laughing and had a hard time stopping. hehehehe still laughing.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.