This topic contains 72 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  mooic 10 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

BOY
    Participant

although I did read your comments obout guidelines BB, I did not think it possible to debate that issue with any success.

I do think the banning issue needs some work, but the rest of the guidelines are not what I would call ambiguous. the current guidelines should be better defined, but I dont think by much. too many rules are bad (where have I heard that before? :P) A loose set of guidelines can be good, because it gives the admins the ability to make a judgement call.

It also can be good for firing admins 🙂

such as, you’re no fun – you’re fired! 😉

BigBear
    Participant

Thanks for the input.

@boy
    I concurr that too many or too strict rules would not be desirable. And yes, my main point for bringing it up was the definition on grounds for administrative punishment. What makes a loose set of rules good also makes it bad, since it can lead to standoffs when for example two admins have different interpretations of a rule. I guess what I’m after is to find a compromise between these two extremes.

Brain Damage
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

Not sure. So long as the person is level headed why remove them

I don’t think it’s right that people who doesn’t play anymore should make decisions about the game itself, every opinion should have the same weight, but since it seems that admin’s opnion carries more weight, i don’t want that people who not plays anymore to decide what’s best for the people who plays.

apache64d
    Participant

I have to agree, bd.

Deathstryker
    Participant

@Brain Damage wrote:

@gcamp wrote:

Not sure. So long as the person is level headed why remove them

I don’t think it’s right that people who doesn’t play anymore should make decisions about the game itself, every opinion should have the same weight, but since it seems that admin’s opnion carries more weight, i don’t want that people who not plays anymore to decide what’s best for the people who plays.

Who says that people who don’t play are gonna make decisions?

I just want to hold onto it in case I get back in the game… Sometimes, I’ll still visit and if I see any issues in the game, I’ll take care of it. If I don’t, I won’t

Simple as that guys.

Picci
    Participant

i’ve seen multiple times players doing things they weren’t
    supposed to as cussing and more while admins were not present
    in the game… no one was there to tell them to shut up
    and it got really annoying sometimes, as people playing this game
    may be pretty young too.

I don’t know if it’s just the time zone i’m playing in which doesn’t have many admins, but at night and late night in italy, especially on weekends
    it seems like there aren’t many moderators/admins online from either europe or the US. 🙄

this is one of the reasons why i have offered to be admin 💡 myself, but it seems like the “admin spots” are full at the moment. 🙁

➡ even if not myself, i would encourage the enhancement of the number of admins who can be online during those hours…

bye,
    Picci

mandy
    Participant

i am sorry picci, but i will NOT support your call of being admin.

i honestly believe when you are playing i am mostly there. so there is an admin for the servers.

if you see players make trouble, you can always report them to me or any other admin.

thanks anyways picci

mandy

cbx550f
    Participant

Just a note: If you have someone doing something that you feel needs to be attended to and there are no admins around, you can try two things:

1. Post in the “Complaints” forum immediately. TheOne did this the other day, and I happened to see it right away and was able to deal with it.

2. Try going on the scorched channel on IRC (Click the Chat icon on the top right of the page here) – There’s often an admin or two lurking around there.

BOY
    Participant

Perhaps do we need some sort of short announcement in the complaints area like your instructions above? The topic afterlife thread seems a bit uneeded anymore, maybe some other sticky about the admin list and requesting help to go in there instead.

Picci
    Participant

@mandy wrote:

i honestly believe when you are playing i am mostly there. so there is an admin for the servers.

i rarely see you online when i’m online

if you see players make trouble, you can always report them to me or any other admin.

i will

🙂 bye !

mandy
    Participant

@picci wrote:

@mandy wrote:

i rarely see you online when i’m online

Picci

on main server you are ranked 30, you played 19 hours 26 minutes and 36 seconds

on teams you are ranked 25, you played 3 hours 14 minutes and 51 seconds

on beginner you are ranked 211, you played 46 minutes and 8 secons

if you check my time i am playing every day and we are in the same time zone, and my believe is you are a pretty young player, i know for a fact you are defently not playing as much *alone and unattended with no admin around*.

when you play *our* late night, there are admins from the us timezone. if you dont know them, just click on

http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/phpBB2/groupcp.php?g=1252

and they are more then happy to help you out.

so please, as cbx and i are saying, if you have any troubles and there is an admin needed, feel free to ask for help.

cbx said in his postreply many ways you can search for help or just simply right a pm.

Picci
    Participant

@mandy wrote:

on main server you are ranked 30, you played 19 hours 26 minutes and 36 seconds

on teams you are ranked 25, you played 3 hours 14 minutes and 51 seconds

on beginner you are ranked 211, you played 46 minutes and 8 secons

haven’t gone on beginners cause from when the new version is out i can’t play from my mac, and that’s where i play beginners from…(other account…) i don’t understand why u put the other times there btw…?

my believe is you are a pretty young player,

yep, 17…

i know for a fact you are defently not playing as much *alone and unattended with no admin around*.

now that is something i don’t understand ..>?

when you play *our* late night, there are admins from the us timezone. if you dont know them, just click on

in the morning, on weekends, i usually play around 6-7-8…AM depending on the time my cat wants food and wakes me up, and at 8-10 AM i assure u it’s even hard to have some1 online, as europeans sleep or work, and in the US it’s in the middle of the night….

so please, as cbx and i are saying, if you have any troubles and there is an admin needed, feel free to ask for help.

ok..
    😀 as i said though, it’s not really a matter of “Help” but rather… correctness…in the sense that an admin should be present in lets say 98% of the games, not to say 100, as they are the ones representing the game itself, and do a good job as i’ve seen throughout my short experience…but obviously can’t be omnipresent as they also have other stuff to do…

this reply is not in any means meant to be criticizing ur response mandy, but just trying to point out that sometimes admins should be more “present” than they are.

Thx for the advice e1,
    Bye !

Brain Damage
    Participant

i must have missed you everytime, since i was playing from 8.30 to 11 from the last 2 months on saturdays…

mooic
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

Not sure, but we do need to start choosing more people.

I would like to put my name forward for an admin position if one where to come available. I have played for some months now and have gotten to know most of the regulars who know me as ‘Casey’, I am from the UK ,therefore play on GMT and play nearly everyday, well every day ;). I hope that current Admins will back my application, Thanks,

Casey.

Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.