This topic contains 10 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  apache64d 8 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

xox
    Participant

So I got slapped today for 99 HP. Why?

* I left the server just after he killed me and I willised in an attempt to kill him.
    * When I came back the next round I was accused of cheating and responded by calling him a mudbrains.

Does it ever occur to you people that one can accidentally close a window when switching to a background task?
    Do I have a habit of exiting and rejoining the server just after I get killed?

For those with mud instead of braincells the answers apparently are “Yes” and “No”.

jdog
    Participant

It would help if you say when this happened and was it on one of the official scorch server?

Deathbal
    Participant

If you got killed, made an exit then came back, I don’t see a problem. Are you sure you got killed? Or were you almost dead?

xox
    Participant

@jdog wrote:

It would help if you say when this happened and was it on one of the official scorch server?

The incident occurred just before this post on one of the official scorched servers. Jinx was logged in as admin at the time.

@deathbal wrote:

Are you sure you got killed? Or were you almost dead?

If you want to be sure, I suggest you check the logs.

BigBear
    Participant

After reviewing the log I have two things to say:

1. Jinx should have kept cool and made certain what really happened before calling ppl cheaters, since xox did infact leave after the kill was credited. ALWAYS make sure before accusing or taking action!

2. Maby this will make you’ll think twice the next time you feel like calling ppl names xox.

JiNx
    Participant

xox i kick you because you left to avoid getting killed

you then reentered seconds later so that you could play the next round

when ppl lost there connection they rarely came back as quick as you did

so i took it that you were cheating

if you werent then i apologise but its been done to many times b4 by other ppl

this was why i slapped you for health

BigBear
    Participant

The log CLEARLY shows that the kill was registered before he quit. He even made a comment after the shot before leaving/closing/whatever. If anything, from the log it looks like you slapped him for calling you “mudbrains”. That wasn’t very smart or helpful, but you did call him a cheater for no reason.

This is a good example of taking action before fully analyzing the situation. As a result it ended up with an unwarranted punishment. This response is not about bashing Jinx, but rather a reminder to all the admins (especially now that we have quite a few new ones) to be mindful and to moderate the servers first, police them second.

Rommel
    Participant

The Scorched 3D Administrators Guide to Disiplinary Actions

@bigbear wrote:

The log CLEARLY shows that the kill was registered before he quit. He even made a comment after the shot before leaving/closing/whatever. If anything, from the log it looks like you slapped him for calling you “mudbrains”. That wasn’t very smart or helpful, but you did call him a cheater for no reason.

This is a good example of taking action before fully analyzing the situation. As a result it ended up with an unwarranted punishment. This response is not about bashing Jinx, but rather a reminder to all the admins (especially now that we have quite a few new ones) to be mindful and to moderate the servers first, police them second.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

🙁
    Bloody Northerners.

EDIT:
    I know this is in complete contradiction of

Be silent or let thy words be worth more than silence.

– Pythagoras

But the northerners have skipped rain and made it pour down now… just cos they’re used to it :p

Come on guys, Acid I could accept made a mistake initially, but Jinx is a seasoned admin and knows better!!

It’s the actual slap that’s the issue for me… it’s the public accusation of cheater.

I just hope Jinx was in a bad mood, made a mistake (which we all do, VERY often usually) and will apologise IF an apology is found to be appropriate.

Good luck resolving another minor, but now reccuring issue.(Still at least it wasn’t Acid again :D)

Acid22
    Participant

Peanut,

You Southern gaylord you……..read the date on the original post…….you utter tart #-o 😆

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

AHHH

So what’s it being brought back up AGAIN for?

FFS, how desperate must Rommel be to drag up a TWO year old complaint?

That’s hardly common Rommel.

Pathetic.

TY Acid.

apache64d
    Participant

And what a case he chose to be re-alive…
    The case of the user who all he wants is to ruin s3d. Yes that what xox was (maybe still is). We got enough facts thats shows that.
    Rommel stop right here. You are going in the wrong way. That not the way to find support for yourself. That’s a way that has a bad end.
    [-X I’m locking this topic.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.