This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_gcamp 8 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

LION
    Participant

Hi all,

Does anyone know how I can add an Avatar to my tank ?

Thanks

Thrax
    Participant

@lion wrote:

Hi all,

Does anyone know how I can add an Avatar to my tank ?

Thanks

Create a small image in PNG (32×32).
    and drop it into the folder where your scorched3d is installed.
    eg. scorcheddataavatarsgrr.png

Working with avatar image is often done down at the pixel level.

SPYRER
    Participant

Philosopher Ted
    Participant

Hey, trying to add an avatar… followed instructions in above link to the letter and still end up with a blank square… Not a noob with graphics or computers either. Any clues on what to try would be appreciated…

Running Vista home premium, on a fairly good computer (i.e. visuals at full no issues) nvidia 7600, running version 41.3 of scorched…

Thanx

Acid22
    Participant

Ted, YHM.

Acid

Irishbandit
    Participant

@Philosopher Ted wrote:

Hey, trying to add an avatar… followed instructions in above link to the letter and still end up with a blank square… Not a noob with graphics or computers either. Any clues on what to try would be appreciated…

Running Vista home premium, on a fairly good computer (i.e. visuals at full no issues) nvidia 7600, running version 41.3 of scorched…

Thanx

Try posting the .png you made here.

Philosopher Ted
    Participant

Don’t know which it was but I solved it when I did two things… restored the text file (Agreement) to the folder which I deleted removing the other avatars, and reduced the file size to 1.09 kb (was 6.01 kb).

Thanks all.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

That sounds about right the server can set a maximum avitar size, I think the default is 5000 bytes. I’ll add an error message that get’s displayed if it goes over to make it more obvious.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Actualy it does log an error, but to the console, I’ll add one to the chat log.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.