This topic contains 27 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ArmorWraith 6 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

ArmorWraith
    Participant

I dont want to clutter up mantis with a bunch of useless requests, so i figured id post them here before getting the ok to add them to the mantis.

Feature #1

This could spawn a player owned boid, or if not, then just a boid.

This could be useful for lasting effects that require movement.

Feature #2

Feature #3

Spline based events using points on the map for events from spline controlled objects(this may already be possible without new additions?)

b2strike

This would cause the object to travel from a to b then as it reaches b, fire the weapon b2strike, then continue on to point c, alowing more events and coordinates to follow after if desired.

Ive put alot of thought into theese sugggestions, but im sure they would be relatively hard to do since they are complex systems based mostly on user input. #-o Do any of theese interest you Gavin?
    😉
    Kanga

imported_gcamp
    Participant

I think the first two are possible already although I have to try them out to be sure.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Great! 😀
    What was the issue with tank AI placements? Was it the conversion to real time?
    Kanga

imported_gcamp
    Participant

What was the issue with tank AI placements?

Sorry don’t get what you mean. 😕

ArmorWraith
    Participant

For placing smart ai on the landscape, defined in placements.xml.
    Kanga

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Ah, there is no issue with it. Just haven’t got round to it yet. There used to be a mechanism to add actual AI tanks to the landscape but I removed that in a prior version. It was really hard to keep it working when making engine changes. I think going forward it should be possible to assign AI’s to targets (like the ships kind of).

Also the idea to be able to define exactly where players are positioned is a good one. I think other games have a certain number of starting positions that are chosen from at random.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

woot! I smell the smell of scorching and well placed tanks int he morning!
    😛
    Kanga

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Please ensure Kanga is always placed ‘Down Wind’

I clutter this thread no longer 😀

Chopper
    Participant

*Shoots at PeanuT and misses* Dang Nut quit ‘portin’ 😆

Stick around a little longer…oh yeah the pubs are open… #-o

ArmorWraith
    Participant

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

Please ensure Kanga is always placed ‘Down Wind’

Haha, only if its force 5 wind! 😛

Kanga

ArmorWraith
    Participant

hmm been running into this problem recently, having to use multiple explosions for different deform sizes. Perhaps in V44 Gavin you could unhook the dform from the size of the explosion, (example)

down

Just be handier than using an extra exp for different deform haah. 🙂

Armor

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Sure sounds reasonable.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

@armorwraith wrote:

Feature #3

Spline based events using points on the map for events from spline controlled objects(this may already be possible without new additions?)

b2strike

This would cause the object to travel from a to b then as it reaches b, fire the weapon b2strike, then continue on to point c, alowing more events and coordinates to follow after if desired.

Have you thought about implementing this? It would really be useful for campaign modes. 🙂

I have used spline movement for my aircraft, they will sometimes drop the bombs in the hangar. (woops!) Right now it is rather comical, but due to this I cannot make them hurt players, and be collisionable at the same time as they will wipe themselves out when landing and accidentally bombing them selfs.

Any idea how i could fix this without removing damage from the bombs?

Maybe an event tag like true for boids and ship groups? (perhaps i am unaware of it? The docs could use some updates, Im willing to update them :D)
    I guess i could meticulously time them to drop at certain instances too. hmm i need to ponder more on this.

Armor

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Hey Gavin,

I have a quick fix for most of my particle needs, could you make it so I can choose a single emitter to emit a billboard image for a flame stream from a projectile, instead of a flame stream of 4 emitters?
    (i believe they call it billboarding when it rotates with camera?)

(also it would be helpful to be able to manually control image spacing of particles in a tag for projectiles. )

This would help with things like bullets, and lensflares for missiles.
    🙂

Armor

ArmorWraith
    Participant

A transparency bool for water? similar to pressing w except a bool in the texture file? 🙂

Armor

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.