This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_gcamp 12 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Deathstryker
    Participant

Gavin have you ever thought about, instead of releasing a major version to the public and then releasing minor versions later for bug fixes, to start like a private beta test before you release a major version. My thought is maybe before a major version comes out, PM some of the people here at the forums (ones that you trust/are good at finding bugs) and have them search for bugs and you can release a final version.

I see a couple of plusses to this:

1: Since the file sizes are getting bigger and bigger with every version, this will help cut down from people having to download new versions after every major release

2:It would free up a bit of time for you having to upload new versions all the time.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Sounds good. I am wanting to try and release more often now.

It seems that 38 took a long time and was probably more stressfull because of that.

Anonymous
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

I am wanting to try and release more often now.

All the more reason to carry out my idea.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

True but it could kind of screw the stats up if most people cannot connect to the servers.

Anonymous
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

True but it could kind of screw the stats up if most people cannot connect to the servers.

Well don’t mess with the official servers. Maybe someone will make a temporary one on their comp and let a few people join. And even if no one will do it, we can test it out locally for non-online bugs. I mean I haven’t played online with v38 yet and I found 2 bugs and 1 suggestion.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@anonymous wrote:

Well don’t mess with the official servers. Maybe someone will make a temporary one on their comp and let a few people join. And even if no one will do it, we can test it out locally for non-online bugs. I mean I haven’t played online with v38 yet and I found 2 bugs and 1 suggestion.

True, but considering the number of changes and the low severity of the bugs I count that as minor success 😉

Deathstryker
    Participant

Ok you win.

Gavin 1, Joshua 0

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@deathstryker wrote:

Ok you win.

Gavin 1, Joshua 0

Do I? Oh cool 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.