This topic contains 23 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Irishbandit 12 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

jdog
    Participant

I like the money how it is, Give me more money!!!!

Ebonite
    Participant

CapitalPenguinism and ImperialSlugism

Apollo Tangent
    Participant

All of the critical information has been transmitted to newbies. There must come a point to which the game settings stop being changed.

When that happens, Gavin will give us all a “sigh” of relief.

A.T.

cbx550f
    Participant

@Apollo Tangent wrote:

All of the critical information has been transmitted to newbies. There must come a point to which the game settings stop being changed.

When that happens, Gavin will give us all a “sigh” of relief.

I couldn’t agree more. There’s been an AWFUL lot of discussion on little rule changes lately… I think that says ALOT about how damned good it really is!! If the discussion is so frequently about details in the rules, the game must be DAMNED good!

And, for the record, I think it is.

cbx

BOY
    Participant

I just had a realization… If I can kill a heavy shield with baby rollers (and I have), that means that the rollers are actually going through the shield!! They are spawing and HITTING the tank. THere is no other way since the blast radius is too small to damage the tank from outside the shield. It must be regarded as a bug, and I think that it should be fixed.

BAH! to the sigh of relief, the settings do still need fine tuning. DOnt you boys have anything real to counter my arguments!

Willis
    Participant

From the sounds of it Boy the only logical way that could occure if a player shot just at the foot of a sheild. Maybe the player was at a steep cliff and the killer shot below making the rollers materialize at the top? Inside the sheild space?

BOY
    Participant

actually no, that is not how it works. If you have not tried it you should. You only need to land any rollers directly on the region of the shield that is directly over the tank. The moment that they spawn, any rollers that are on the top of the shield will register a hit directly to the tank. I would suppose that this has to do with the vertical position of the tank and or rollers being improperly calculated after they spawn. It seems the only way that baby rollers can instantly kill a guy with a full heavy shield.

I remember someone pointed this out to me right after 38.1 came out. I did not raise the issue until now because it gives me an advantage, which I am now willing to erase because although I like little bugs like this, I would really like to see what happens if these shields became useful again. I dont remember the last time I EVER used one.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@boy wrote:

actually no, that is not how it works. If you have not tried it you should. You only need to land any rollers directly on the region of the shield that is directly over the tank. The moment that they spawn, any rollers that are on the top of the shield will register a hit directly to the tank. I would suppose that this has to do with the vertical position of the tank and or rollers being improperly calculated after they spawn. It seems the only way that baby rollers can instantly kill a guy with a full heavy shield.

I remember someone pointed this out to me right after 38.1 came out. I did not raise the issue until now because it gives me an advantage, which I am now willing to erase because although I like little bugs like this, I would really like to see what happens if these shields became useful again. I dont remember the last time I EVER used one.

Ooo you cheat 🙂 I’ve fixed it now, should be ok in the next version.

Anything else that you want to come clean on while your at it 🙂

BOY
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

Ooo you cheat 🙂 I’ve fixed it now, should be ok in the next version.

Anything else that you want to come clean on while your at it 🙂

ME??!! 😳
    ROFL, I’m not sure if I should be happy that I am vindicated, or sad to find out that I have been cheating! I usually tell people that they picked the bad shields whenver I see one, but that has never stopped me from killing them anyway 😛

very glad it is fixed, cant wait to see if this actually makes them worth using!! 😀

twiddling his toes in his bedroom for a few hours worth of grounding

Irishbandit
    Participant

@Saddistic Fungus wrote:

The other day we had a game of no shields, no DH’s, and no funkies, and i would have to say it was probably the best damn scorched3d game I have played since version 37….

That was the best 3 hours of play i have had in 4 months of playing everyone that played got good kill rate was not one sided no one complained about getting funkies at every start and the new players (myself included) did not have to worry about some of the high ranked stats buying f-shields and picking us all off before we could get them.

Not saying that anything needs to be changed just saying those where some awesome games.

I like the idea of random changes on the prices might be a fun way to shake things up, even the addition and subtraction of certain items could make for some interesting matches.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.